Launch Date

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Launch Date

OK, so I've been out all night, but I'm going to be taking care of some business tomorrow. First, I have a couple of questions:

1 - Does the patch require a restart? I haven't seen what's in it, so I'm looking for input.

2 - If we do or don't restart, can everyone be ready by tomorrow night?

I'm shooting for tomorrow (well, I guess, technically, I'm shooting for later today). I want to know if you guys think that's possible.

AG

2. Goose

Goose Walk On

Here's what I found on this current patch. This is straight from the EA News and blogs page. This guy claims another patch within a few weeks.

NCAA FOOTBALL 11 ONLINE SERVER UPDATES

The NCAA Football Live Team, a group dedicated to server-side health and maintenance, has been very busy over the last two weeks since launch. We apologize for any issues you may have experienced in recent days. The team has been upgrading hardware, tuning databases, and fixing web issues as they arise. Most of these changes happen behind-the-scenes on a daily and nightly basis. Here a few of the most visible fixes so far:

-- Fixed online leaderboard exploit
    -- Fixed potential crash at online team-select screen
    -- Fixed post-game email formatting
    -- Optimized various database queries
    -- Various hardware upgrades and backend optimizations

Work will continue on server optimizations throughout the season to ensure a fast and enjoyable online experience for everyone. We're also working to do a better job of communicating upcoming fixes and outages so that everyone has a better handle on what's happening. And by the way, just to dispel a common myth, if you have lag issues when playing an online opponent, it's unlikely to be an EA Server issue. Our matchmaking system works by telling your consoles to directly connect to each other for the game and then report back the results. The network traffic doesn't go through our servers like an MMO. If you have problems or disconnects, it could be your ISP, local networking gear, or simply someone unhappy about the way the game is going and pulling the cord. It happens. ;-)

NCAA FOOTBALL 11 CLIENT UPDATE 2

More details on the client update to come, but here are three of the big ones we've solved:

-- RANDOM PLAY ACTION CRAZINESS - Sure it looks funny, but annoying as heck when it costs you a drive or a game. We're sorry we missed this one as well and apologize for the issue.

-- SEASON SHOWDOWN STATS REPORTING - The season showdown warning is harmless right now and this issue and related lobby problems ultimately get fixed with the update.

-- UNIFORMS THAT NEVER NEED WASHING - This is one of the more painful ones for us given all the work on visuals this year. The game actually does degrade uniforms; unfortunately we broke something in a final build that made the impact way too subtle. Consider this one solved with the update. And we want you to know that we've really been enjoying the great "Art of NCAA Football" threads. It's clear we have some incredible photographic talent in our community! So I expect things will go next-level when the update rolls out. For example, this shot comes straight out of the updated game:

3. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

yea, the wording on all this patch crap is confusing. surely nothing above (if this is all included in yesterday's patch) would affect a dynasty right? Im guessing we would be fine. The bigger concern seems to be the imminent progression/recruiting patch in a couple of weeks which I would say either:

a) will only affect going forward but could still miss all the current recruits on our big board or
    b) just not affect anything unless you restart.

either way i say we get started. worst case scenario is we all have a blast and then when huge patch comes out we get a restart to make the experience that much better.

tonight!

p.s. who did we lose? bamagrad, djnfl, and dzsummes? what happened to FSU? I'm lonely in the ACC now :(

4. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I do not think a restart is needed for patching. Thats what the online gametuning is for, I think.

I can be ready to go at anytime.Sooner the better.

5. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

what he said

6. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

7. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

I agree with VaTech on getting started. I've got some time tonight, but I have a 12 hour day tomorrow at my store, so I wouldn't be available until after 10 CST tomorrow night.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

We'll be at a full 12 by this afternoon. 10 of us are ready now. If the two new guys green up, we launch. I'm pretty sure that's going to happen without any issues. I still need to send monk's invite, but I should get to that in an hour or two. If anyone sees 12/12 ready, post here and I'll launch.

9. brucebond

brucebond Walk On

can't wait for it to start!

10. DoomsDayD1978

DoomsDayD1978 Walk On

It was 11/11 today when I logged on. So only 1 more.

11. mbmonk

mbmonk Walk On

I assume the last one is me. If so, I should be squared away in about 3 - 4 hours.

12. mbmonk

mbmonk Walk On

We are GO!!!!! I am ready and I think all 12 of 12 are as well :)

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Launching as soon as I work out the schedule changes. I want everyone to play at least one user in the regular season if possible, but I really don't want to screw with schedules in the first year.

No FCS teams then, and the rest I'm leaving alone.

14. mbmonk

mbmonk Walk On

I agree. Once we get a solid core group of players then we can start doing custom schedules to maximize user vs user.

15. Goose

Goose Walk On

Sounds good. Saturdays are great gaming days for me as my son and I sit on the couch gaming all day while my wife is at work. Sucks to be her. ;D