Leader and Legends....?

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by onaradio34, Dec 16, 2010.

1. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Am I the only one that has seen this or am I missing a discussion? Or am I the only one that feels embarrassed for the Big 10? I have the same feeling like I'm watching a comic just bomb on stage. Douche chilling...

They are really naming their divisions Leaders and Legends?

2. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I told Cimmy earlier in the week, heartland and plains division would have been better, it is embarrassing, but not as embarrassing as letting GBR in the Big10/11/12

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Well its just division names, very different and creative. Why not promote what the Big 10 is all about and known for? It shows pride in Big 10 Athletics and gives the student athletes a since of accomplishment of what the standards are in our conference... well, not really but who really gives a fuck about division names??!!

4. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I believe that to had to be the Big 10 brass's thought as well.

Not only is it just really bad sounding, it plays right into the Big 10 elitist/entitlement stereotypes of "well our academic standards are...." type of shit.

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

True! They could of called it Shit and Vagina and I wouldn't really care because I'm just happy that we're getting a championship game honestly;)

6. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I'm not really a fan of the names, but w/e.

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Besides OSU is not a definition of either word.. let's try 'Convicts' or 'H*m*s'... wait, I can't make any OSU jokes because we've lost 7 games to the vest... :jumps off building:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Ohio States division- The Haves
    Michigans division - The Have Not In A Long Time's

9. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I am a huge big ten fan, and those names suck. The only thing worse is this year's media All-Big Ten team QB Denard Robinson.

He sucked in Big Ten play. Also the Coach's picked Mikel Leshoure over John Clay for 1st team RB. Not sure what type of Miley Cyrus psychotropic drugs they are smoking in the big ten these days but thats pathetic.

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

2300 passing yards 16TDs
    1600 rushing yards 14TDs

Pretty sure he had some great games against Big 10 opponents. He went for over 100 yards in rushing vs. Ohio State, PSU, Iowa, and Wisconsin. Please don't act like that kid is terrible. He was the most exciting and dangerous player in the Big 10, at the QB position, this year. And you may want to turn on the Big 10 Network and watch some games. John Clay had 50 yards in his last four games, two he was injured, to end the season. Leshoure had one bad game @ Purdue and ran for 330 vs. Northwestern. Please bruh, if your gonna make biased (probably a buckeye fan) comments have some power behind your statements.

/rant

Carry On

11. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Nittany Lions fan here not a buckeyes fan. Just a major Big Ten fan here.

I will admit I was wrong on Clay, he wasn't as good in the Big Ten as Mikel.

I don't see Denard deserving it over Pryor or Stanzi, or even Persa.

Michigan was terrible this year and had to play from behind in almost every game, this led to some stats that were elevated in Big Ten play.

Pryor was being a ball jockey late in many of his games because the game was won and they were running out the clock. I personally don't see it.

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I excluded UMass.

Denard averages against:

Top 35 Defenses (17.5 Rank Average): 263 Yards 1.8 TD 1.3 INT
    Everyone Else (61.4 Rank Average): 366 2.9 TD 0.6 INT

--

So, he was spectacular against shitty defenses, and average against good defenses. Keep in mind that the Top 35 Defenses include Wisconsin, where he had a great game once it was over in the second half. If you exclude that it looks like this:

(16.0 Rank Average): 231 Yards 1 TD 1.3 INT

13. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I just looked at the Big ten stats and Stanzi, Pryor, and even Persa were better than him in everything but rushing. McGloin was actually better as well. I must have a different view of what the All Big Ten team is. I have always assumed it dealt with your play in the conference not your season's body of work. If it was all season I see Denard being legit, but again he played from behind and played less than stellar against the best teams on his schedule.

14. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Had Stanzi won a few games, instead of going turtle on us at the end of games, I could see him being included. But since he never managed to win a game this season, I would not include him on this list.

15. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Then why are we including Denard who had a worse record at Michigan? We can't have it both ways.

16. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

All I know is when Denard Robinson took the field versus those teams he was the most keyed on figure and he STILL put up numbers... try to water it down anyway you like but the fact remains that he 'got his'... every team plays 'cupcakes' so excluding his numbers from those games and allowing the 'Top Defense' argument 'live' is bogus... none of those so called 'Top Defenses' shut him down, they contained him but did not shut that kid down... name one QB besides him in the Big 10 that teams feared... wait, wait... everyone fears Pryor /sarcasm.... our offense moved well all year... if we had a defense that could hold someone we probably could of won 9 games this year but we don't and still won 7 mainly because of Denard Robinson.... oh yeah the Wisconsin game wasn't 'over' until 9 minutes left in the 4th #justsayin'

Things I would like to get from this discussion:

-An explanation on how John Clay deserved to be on the All Big 10 List
    -What QB had a bigger impact on a game than Shoelace?

Jerzey Tip of the Argument: Illinois and Purdue 'shut' D.Rob down by allowing only 60 something yards in both games #justsayin'againbecausethat'showido

17. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Nothing like a Michigan Homer to add to the discussion.

BTW, I admitted I was wrong about Clay above. No need to beat a horse that I shot dead myself.

Bigger impact? Persa could be in that discussion easily. They stunk with out him.

Denard is good, no doubt but not the best in big ten play.

18. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

John Clay isn't even the best back on his team, he's just a big kid who take advantage of one of the best offensive lines in the country last year. As for all this talk about quarterbacks, Scott Tolzien didn't win the Johnny Unitas award for nothing guys, but I would still put DRob as first team. That guy was not only Michigan's entire offense but he was their entire team.

Oh and the Badger vs Michigan game was over at half. That's why the Badgers went ultra conservative in the second half on both offense and defense. Those quick scores at the beginning of the the second half made it seem more interesting but the game was never in doubt. Hopefully Rich Rod can gets some defensive talent in there since I'm probably the only non Michigan fan who actually likes the guy.

19. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I hate to tell you, but only scoring 7 points is getting shut down.

20. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

He was in and out of that game, no excuses the fuckguys played him great, can't lie... but he was moving them against Ohio State's first string defense, we just couldn't sustain anything...

21. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

[​IMG]

Just sayin'

22. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I ask who had a bigger impact on a game at the QB position in the Big 10 and you answer with Persa! Persa.... Persa.... Dan.... Persa.... Persa.... Dan Persa.... Persa.... Persaaaaaaaa.... Are you f*ckin' kiddin' me dude?! C'monnnnnn!!! lol... I think I'm done with this thread... the division names don't matter to me, I still think their creative... Go Blue!!

23. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Your a Penn State fan?! Nevermind....

[​IMG]

Its all good dude... It was a nice little discussion but I'm done because your going to win this by the 'Art of Confusion' lol

~JeRz~

24. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

It was nice...I always enjoying messing with scUM fans.

25. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    The should have called the divisions 'Corn' and 'Rust'.

I think this is a really stupid idea. Almost as stupid as the NFL and MLB division names that really have nothing to do with the teams that actually play in them.