Leadership Catch Up Weekly Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Nov 14, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Ok fellas. Theres just too many post for me to catch up. So someone catch me up and tell me what i need to come in and help do. Where do we stand on stuff? I am still super duper tired but I'll be back to normal within in the next 2-3 days.

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well......

We are trying to get the postseason done and draft ready and able to be done in 7 days. Well, 6 now pretty much. If we can't do it November 21st, then it will be tough sailing to figure out a time.

CoachWest posted an idea for an incentive program.

I posted a thought around taking over the Bills as a rebuilder GM until I can get them some solid talent in there and make them a non-stepping stone team, but have been talked to about not doing it. I still leave it up to the board on that one.

Need to get a warning to Claven for not posting a summary of his division win. Gaddy and Vishal did so after I sent a "hint" to get it done today.

If we decide to do the draft on Sunday coming up, and we can get season safely wrapped up very soon, the cap guys will have to really hustle.

I need the offseason to start so I can get my deals in place for my new Lions.

Other than that, I think that covers it.

3. natedawg212000

were very stern warnings handed out by west for no summaries for the biggest games of the season last week?

4. natedawg212000

what happened with the idea to do the draft over several days? did that get shot down?

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Okay, this will be the third time I have posted. Stupid Firefox......

Anyway, I'm tired of the bullshit with these four owners left in the chase. Gaddy, Dunlap, Claven, and Vishal have all been pains in the ass on scheduling games for the PLAYOFFS. And in Dunlap's case, he's been a defensive, whiny bitch. I call it like I see it. Because of lack of information by BOTH parties in a timely manner, we start asking questions (as is the commissioner and co-commissioner's rights as....well....bosses), and Dunlap gets pissy and defensive and crybaby. UN-F'ING-ACCEPTABLE. And Gaddy.....needs to REALLY think about if he wants to stay in the league. He's been hit and miss with content lately, and that is UN-F'ING-ACCEPTABLE.

My personal view on this is very simple: Next year, if people don't post within 48 hours of advance in a scheduling thread, they get subbed or simmed. No excuses. No exceptions. BOTH owners have to comment on a thread. If one team posts, but the other one doesn't within 48 hours, then boom. Sub for them.

If an owner doesn't do a winning game summary within a week of the game being played, the owner is suspended for the next game. Period. If a week 2 game summary isn't done by the end of week 3 games, then owner is suspended for week 4. Period.

Also, WE DO NOT SCHEDULE GAMES FOR OWNERS. That is THEIR F'ING JOB. If I am having to make scheduling posts for owners for their CHAMPIONSHIP F'ING GAME, this is UN-F'ING ACCEPTABLE.

The lack of respect for the league by the current owners in the playoffs is, if you can't guess my word of the day, UN-F'ING-ACCEPTABLE. We have the rules in place for a reason. If people don't want to follow it, then they need to go. Or be at least warned.

Usually, we do have a Toilet Bowl or something going on for non-playoff teams. I honestly felt like we had a much better scheduling rhythm though in year's past than now. And that falls on US. So if you're not down for severely punishing owners next season for not at least meeting minimum owner expectations, then let someone who will bust balls do it.

This is absolute horseshit. And I don't want to hear about timestamps and shit like that - we have the way to schedule a thread in the forums. ALL FOUR OWNERS IN THE PLAYOFFS HAVE BEEN DAY ONE GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of them (Claven) was OVER GAME SUMMARIES ON THE F'ING BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They all deserve warnings in my opinion. No excuses, no exceptions. Poor reasoning for protecting these four "good" owners, and I use that term loosely. They did sub-par scheduling (Dunlap and Gaddy) as far as listing times available, and posting ALL updates to times on the forums. And Claven and Vishal.....if I, as the shitty Lions, have to make a thread for TWO owners in the NFC Championship game when I ain't one of them - HORSESHIT. And this is AFTER I asked in AIM blast chat for BOTH owners to do summaries of division games and post a scheduling thread. This is minimum expectations of ownership - not extracurricular stuff we installed yesterday. UN-F'ING-ACCEPTABLE.

You don't like what I have to say about this, fine. But it's how I feel about this matter, and I think that the AFC reps (Gaddy and Dunlap) will be gone sooner rather than later. If Dunlap wins it all, he'll be gone in a month. MARK MY WORDS. He'll piss every other owner in the league off, then wonder why we're booting him when, in his inevitable words, "he hasn't done anything wrong". Drama queen before, drama queen now. And Gaddy is on thin ice in my opinion. Gaddy is like Randy Moss in NE: Great player, but maybe needs a change of scenery.

I'm done now.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

As far as the draft goes, Nate, if we don't get better scheduling down, I figure we'll have to do multiple days for the draft to have any hope of getting to the regular season in a timely fashion.

7. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Now that we have the Championship Scheduled I think we can propose the idea, I think it got lost in the Scheduling shuffle

8. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

How about opening up trading posts now. Owners whom do not want to wait on progressions and want to agree to trade can post it up and committee can start discussing. If the committee can approve/deny trade without seeing progressions then good,if the trade is too close to call now then we wait. this wil give us a big jump on getting this done by sunday

9. natedawg212000

jeremy, your opening up yourself to a bad situation doing that. nothing can be agreed upon until progression. we've done it in the past and it gets hairy.

10. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

First, I think we have the perfect storm here, starting with the accidental sim where the playoffs got a little messed up, to the Jets owner who didnt show up and delayed us without reason, to the lack of activity we are dealign with now. This like many things will blow over. Here are my points

1)Win is right abut the NFC teams - He shouldnt have to start a thread for them, and I agree with the warnings.
    However when it comes to the AFC .. I have some issues

2) Hey guys stop blasting guys in open forums, it does nothing but make things worse, If you need to post " Excuse me "Owner" we request a private urgent talk with you." that is fine. But Blasting people on the forums screwed the pooch on this one. For one , A Board Members post was inaccurate, they were within 48 hours when he posted it even, so to say "4 days" was completely wrong. In doing so he pissed off Dunlap "rightly so due to the inaccurate info, and blasting him in public with inaccurate info" and he responded to other board members with an unwelcomed tone.

3) They are within rules, now I have been told that the rules were changed (maybe) and that they are not within the rules however.. just like before, rule changes need to be updated or you cant hold them by it... even if they know better. But they have a confirmed time now, and like I suggested yesterday they have scheduled the OMFL Bowl for the same night, realize they coudl have waited until the weekend, it was within their right to do so, but they are working with us, just as we are workign with them

4) As far as Dunlap, he just called out the other owners about not posting. to me this is a huge Thumbs Up and shows he gives a crap atleast right now. However, out of all the playoff teams he has been the most abused in open chat and forum. If someone had said something too the NFC teams considering win had to start the thread, or to Gaddy for not securing the time... that would have been atleast more fair... I am not sayign Dunlap is perfect, but in this situation, in my opinion, he needs an apology.

5) I will have a talk with all of them, but before I do, we need to come together here and say we will handle league business like professionals. I have been in leadership roles, coaching, and a parent for years and from first hand mistakes KNOW FOR A FACT that an attacked person will fight back based on emotion and not facts. I say take away the excuses, and be the better person and at the end of the day... they know the truth when you make the hard decisions.

That is all for now, but this game with the disconnects and other Bullshit could potentially screw this whole thing up if we are not careful :)

11. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

I have to agree with West here. There are tactful ways of getting our point across that show respect to our owners. There are also slaps in the face that aren't deserved in the public forum. I feel like we are all after the same thing here, but are going about it in ways that are rubbing good, quality owners the wrong way and creating a reputation of drama for the league.

This is why I like the incentive program so much. Everything around here has been so negative lately. It seems we have concentrated so much on the down side of things that we forget to support our owners when they are doing something right.

Now, I agree our recaps and scheduling in the playoffs have been disappointing. We have all agreed in the board room on multiple occasions that we need to be more firm on this. West and I have a plan in place for the incentives and we will be keeping track of this. We will also be keeping track of those that do NOT meet the minimum requirements and handling that accordingly. We can make general comments in the public forums that the situations are being handled, but think we should definitely handle any individual conversations via private medium.

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Coach, I respect you a lot. But the AFC scheduling thread was not done properly in the first place. The way it is SUPPOSED to be done (not even talking about time right now) is to list each day in the play week and what times you are available in that day. If unavailable all day, then say so.

This has been a sticking point with me for a while. This starting of a thread by Dunlap:

"Just an update for everybody, looks like Gaddy and I have scheduled for Monday, we just don't know what time yet.

Gaddy....I can play if I finish before 4pm Pacific. Let me know."

Is NOT ACCEPTABLE. Period. He should have listed each day and if he was available or not. Dunlap usually does this. He did not this time. Period. That is not acceptable. And Gaddy's response of what times he could "stay up".....what DAYS? If we have to do 6 days for playoffs, FINE. That doesn't bother me. What BOTHERS me is the lack of respect for us as leaders to NOT let us know timeframes and polish up the thread. And when he is asked about it, Dunlap gets whiny and defensive. Wow, what else is new....

All I have to say is I will be watching scheduling threads and game summaries VERY CLOSELY. I am not asking for a minimum 150 word essay like setup like Dunlap for summaries, but I expect 3-4 sentences with (optional) some stats. I expect people to list the days and times they are available for schedules. If they cannot, or cannot respond in kind, within a very reasonable timeframe, they are out for their game. I won't be doing the punishing, but I will be chirping like a parakeet if someone doesn't do it right, and I mean ANYONE. Even one of YOU. Even ME.

And I do understand that Dunlap is uber busy right now. But every time we question him, he gets super defensive and whiny. And it's not recently - he's ALWAYS been like that. If you're not with him, you are 1000% against him and he will cry and whine to defend himself.

And I don't say anything in the regular forums or in the blast chat. That is for league leadership to do. That is not my piece, nor my place. But I will always make my opinions known here and in the board blast chat because those are safe havens for us to yell at each other. We have to be UNIFIED outside of these areas, so yell, fight, fuss about owners and whatever here. Once we leave here, we need to be united.

13. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

I am not sayign they are perfect either, I think we are splitting hairs... but out of the 4 playoff teams right now, Dunlap was the most appropriate, but recieved the most thrashing... And he got defensive due to a board memebers post that I have since deleted.. Though history needs to be reviewed, we can't base the arguement on it and I feel that is what has been done here. :) I have been here less than all of you, but until we tighten up and stop displayign publically without consulting the other leaders, we have no code to stand on when dealign with them.. True or No ?

14. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Nothing I saind in that posted was directly aimed at Dunlap only. Gaddy was the main culprit in this mess. It may seem that Dunlap was the target but I think thats because he is the one that started the thread. I dont think I trashed Dunlap at all. In fact, his replies to me and about me were much more of a calling out.

15. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

As long as we let the owners new and old know that we mean business going forward with scheduling and game summaries and that there will be serious consequences for not complying, I have no problem with rewarding guys for contributing IF the guys in charge of it can keep up interest.

16. natedawg212000

all i know is west you are getting one side of the story. dunlap has been here from the get-go being a little prick at times. He causes trouble and then sits back and says 'who me?" like he has no clue. he finds one or two guys to have his back and then he tries his best to get everyone else out of the way. he has personally attacked and had booted more than 2 owners in his life time in the oMFL. i have been the one 99%of the time who has had his back, but not this time. he needs to keep his mouth shut and do his job around here or leave. i am done with dunlap. period.

17. natedawg212000

...and before its said and all this other stuff behind my back (i know it goes on). I am human like everyone else. I am not playing internet bully but you guys haven't dealt with him as long as some of us others have. maybe i am a lil too hyped up over him, but the bottom line is i've seen this play too many times.

18. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Fair enough Nate, He really didint plead a case honestly, I looked at the thread and made my own position. Also I have talked to a few folks and know his history, so to kinda close this out, I am not saying that the position was completely wrong. Just doing it on an open forum... The reason I got you was because he posted he needed a sub out of the blue. Some of the board thought he was being an ass again, so I asked him and that was when he mentioned the texts from you. SO I told the board that it was because of somthign happening and not just random. Regardless. I am glad it happened... This was a lesson I hope and we can build from it... If you think about it, this has had very little residual effect but there was a lot learned. Finally, I got to feel useful for an afternoon, and I hope you guys may have a little more trust for me in the future ;)

19. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Can we warn Dunlap for gameplay here? I mean, if he does the same play over and over again, shouldn't he get a warning?

Sorry, trying to make humor out of an annoying situation. If you can't laugh at it, it will eat you alive. :) I hope you guys get the joke...

20. natedawg212000

LOL. Sadly it's probably the truth about gameplay. He's one of the cheeser guys i've played.

21. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

He's just pushing for an undefeated season by being borderline. Wants to rub it in certain owners' faces.