Leadership Change

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Drifterbub, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Leadership Change

All,

I have been contacted by many of you regarding the status of this dynasty. I've been on top of this league for a few weeks as I noticed what was going on when I was trying to get your newer members some signatures. LilMaggie has not returned any attempt I have made to contact him. Multiple LIVE messages, AIM texts to his phone and PMs here have gone unanswered (which pisses me off to no end).

As a result of the current state of the dynasty and 'Maggie's unexcused haitus, I am instilling a new commish here in hopes to save this league that was once one of the stronger leagues here. I nominated GoGators to take the lead here in Southern Exposure. If there are any issues with this (although I wouldn't expect there to be), please PM me and we can talk about it.

Moving forward, I need everyone to retire from the dynasty hosted by lilMaggie. Gators has saved a copy and will re-host. Before you except his invite (and preferably before he even sends them out), be sure to delete all of the old files or any saved OD files you have on your HDD. This will almost eliminate any of the headaches that come with re-hosting duplicate files.

To my understanding, you guys have just advanced to week 1. Anyone who has already gotten their week 1 stuff in, will likely lose that progress when the file is re-hosted.

Sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM myself or GoGators.

~ Drifter

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I think we all finished our week 1 games.....that sux....but I guess its best for the league to restart and move on. If Gator re-hosts will he be able to change our schedules, because I think they need to be tweeked.

3. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    No, it will start from the last advancment.

4. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Sounds good to me. Glad to get rolling again, thanks Dub, thanks Gators.

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Alright guys. Just as Drifter said, I'm going to save the dynasty offline tonight when I get home from work (7pm ET). Once I've done that, I'll need all of you guys to retire from the dynasty and delete the old file from your hard drive if you have saved it. Then, if everyone could post on here that they've done this, I'll send out new invites.

I'm thinking that if I download the file before everyone retires, I may be able to advance the dynasty offline to week 2 without losing the game results from week 1. I'm not sure if it will work though. So if you've played a game this week, please don't retire until after 7pm EST because once you retire from the dynasty, your game results will be deleted.

If my theory doesn't work, UGA will be set to autopilot so UNC can still get the W. I think that was our only user vs user game this week. Everyone else will need to replay their games.

Lastly, and I'll post a thread about this, we will be going to a 72 hour hard advance schedule. It seems to be the popular choice.

If you guys have any questions, let me know. Also, if you're not currently friends with me on xbox live, please send me a friend request if you get a chance. GT = KSherm

6. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Your theory won't work. You will lose everything that has happened since the last advancment.

7. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Do we now need to find a replacement Maryland team to balance out our user game schedule? I remember a guy or two asking to be on the waiting list but there was never a response to their request from the previous commish.

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I don't know if this is possible for Lilmaggie (and it sounds like it won't be since he seems to have disappeared) but the obvious best solution (since we've all done week 1 already) would be for him to advance the dynasty to week 2 and then have Gators save the file, have us all retire, and then rehost it.

Also, Tennessee beat FSU in a user v. user game this week so FSU would need to be on autopilot too is we have to redo week 1.

9. GoGators

Yes, FSU would be placed on auto too.

I agree with jello. The ideal scenario would involve Lilmaggie advancing us to week 2. However, he has gone MIA w/o any communication. So I guess it's up to you guys, we can wait a couple days and hope he advances it, or we can just replay week 1. Let me know what you guys think.

10. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

So we still go with agressive game plan on Dline being allowed? The rush is unrealistic and that is how my offense was dominated

11. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I think replay would move faster than waiting 4 something that likely won't happen....

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    You guys are just much better off just moving on.

I think you all have had to wait enough, IMO.

13. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

This works out very well for me. I get my starting qb back.

:)

14. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

Thanks DB and Gators for helping us move forward. I was starting to wonder what in the hell was going on. I hope LilMaggie is okay too. Not like him to disappear like that in my limited experience here.

So will we have to do week 1 recruiting again after we join the re-hosted league?

15. GoGators

Yeah, everything from week 1 will need to be redone.

16. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Are we gonna get a new guy for Maryland? Might as well try and do it now so he can start from week one....

17. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Well it is nice of you guys to kick me out of my own league.....that's fucking wonderful. Glad you got what you wanted Gator. Hey Drifter, the damn League page has been updated for a week. Was there something else you wanted? Last thing I want to do is piss you off to no end!

18. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

So...he clearly didnt quit the league. What now? Should I hold off on retiring until Mags/Gator work out the kinks?

19. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    No one is kicking you out of anything. If you to stay, fine, but you won't be the commish.

The 'damn league page' has not been updated for a week. If you did do it, it was just a few days ago. I was checking it daily. But it should have never been out of date. It's written in the commish duties that were explained to you when you started and is posted in the commish forums. Another thing that is mandatory, is replying back to my multiple attempts to contact you. At least have the respect to let me know what is going on.

There were things wrong with this league, which is why you are being relieved for the moment. Not updating the league description thread, not posting regularly, not taking part in league related discussions, and multiple instances where league members contacted me wanting to know what is going on led to my decision.

This is all that needs to be said here. If you want to discuss anything else or have any questions, feel free to PM me.

20. GoGators

As drifter said, Maggie has not been kicked out of this league. I've attempted 3 ways to contact him (xbox live, email, & PM) and I still haven't heard back from him. I want to keep him in the league but I can't do it if he doesn't respond.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.