Leadership Check In 2.1.11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Feb 1, 2011.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

What's up fellas. Just check in and let me know that you are here.

Slowed down a lil this week, but we are still at a good pace.

Few things on the burner:

We need more input on Win's suggestions on cap book mods. Win, I'd like you to just make the call by the end of the week. It's in your hands.

We need some input on OX thread about XFL and some improvements we can make there.

We need to try and re-stir up some interest in articles and such. I know my life hasn't allowed me to do mine in a while, but I am hoping this week after advance I can get back to it. I hope.

We need to clean up some rules. I can add anyone I want, just post your email and I'll give you access to adjust.

Was the shiftee/duval issue taken care of? What was done, and how did it go?

I am very worried about my buddie that I just added to the league in dbl00. His lack of 'effort' to get our game in has thrown up some huge flags. Just something to watch. Also this stuff with bates has me worried, but we have wajo whos itching to get back in so we'll be fine.

Anything else?

2. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Im getting a handle on the Scheduling and recap stuff. Nate As I mentioned, my Aim access was cut at work so it makes it a little difficult to get on people at work. Ill do my best while im here.

Just from an observation standpoint and I think everyone here can agree, those in the playoffs are actively getting games in on the double. those that are not are less inclined. It happens in every league since the advent of time. Of course, those people are around. They are actively getting a jump on offseason stuff. Nature of the beast I guess.

As for the Duval/Shiftee issue, not sure it was completely resolved. It more or less came to an agreement. The real issue is the Switching things up a little. The same play call was being used and Shiftee was having problems with it. Of course, my bigger problem was shiftees response in quitting. We never really addressed that either. We just agreed that Duval was doing something not so right. Dunlap confirmed it was the same thing. It is something we should monitor going further

When you say clean up rules, not sure exactly what that means. My email is koliver0821@comcast.net. If you need gmail is koliver0821@gmail.com

There was another Gaddy issue brought up as well. Figure it was worth mentioning. (not because im playing him next)

One other thing I was thinking about and Im sure some of the people in this league may not like it is we should start handing out "suspensions" of players. These suspensions could be for Game scheduling (Not posting on forums), timely recaps, or game play. one free pass would be allowed before suspensions. It could even be as long as the rest of the season for consistet non-compliance (like placing them on IR and incurring the cap hit). This would not be for the purpose of booting an owner. That is obviously up to board discussion and approval.

3. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I am here, I talked to shiftee a little bit...I was more dissapointed with him quitting then anything else. People need to mix up plays, play some zone from time to time..

The same issues in game play remain..people crowd the line and blitz and bnr outside...its a staple d for a ton of folks here in OMFL..We have addressed it time and again...nothing will change I fear until someone gets the boot.

We have a nice wait list...is it time to remove someone even if they are active? food for thought.

4. natedawg212000

he quit? now i never knew that.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

6. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

I agree with the DBL00 Issue, he just was hard to schedule with, and just tossed the ball up on plays he didn't know what to do... It made for one of the most boring games I have ever played.. Literally had to run the ball the entire 2nd 3rd and 4th while running out the clock. So the question is, which is hurting us more... someone who may not be mixing it up, or someone who doesnt care at all.

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Need to get with him then and find out where his priorities are.

8. natedawg212000

no reason to get with him, he never said he was leaving. just something to keep an eye on.