Leadership Check-in Thread 1.3.11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Jan 3, 2011.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Sup gentlemen. Just wanted to check in and see whats up.

Looks like our stir of game play has worked, we'll see about the long run.

Lets take a look at our rules and see what we can adjust/take out. No one will ever be happy, but we can look at least.

Did vishal get talked too?

Anything else on the burner that needs to be done?

2. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Rolling Rolling Rolling get those doggies Rolling RAWHIDE!!!! Not that I know of :)

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I did start a thread about the rules, but if anyone thinks there are others worth looking at, please add to that thread so we can maybe try more simplification the more we go on.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I will talk to Vishal TODAY!!!!

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Also, another thing I want to bring up before the next offseason hits us flat in the face is the idea about maxing out everyone's base salary at 3 million dollars (what we offer to the highest overalls). This would force teams going after high overall talent to use bonuses and possibly cripple themselves in the long term, forcing people to use their heads when making bids more than what we already make them do.

6. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I think thats about it. The game play was a huge issue lets hope it holds up.

7. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Win, I am open to discussion on that man. Your teh cap guy, you tell us.

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I think that maxing out base salary at 3 million bucks makes bonuses more important. With this idea, people would spend less on free agents because of cap issues. While it may not make a difference in this year's Madden (with only one more year left in the franchise), it would make a huge difference in future Maddens if no salary cap is in place for online franchise.

I think the max salary, especially on top tier talent, would make it more of an emphasis on budgeting for talent and make effective GMing even more important.

On lower tier talent, though, it could get crazy on bidding, but the max 3 million dollar salary would keep it in a certain point like what we have now.

This idea is more for our offseason workings than normal, day-to-day stuff. Having higher tier players in the offseason with a max base salary that is not much more than what they can make minimum makes an owner really debate it. If they are wrong and the player doesn't fit their scheme, they have to pay huge penalties to cut that player or put him on the bench (and have money wasting away).

9. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

hey nate and guys, FYI, i got access today, glad to be a part of the board and hoping all my "sorta" good ideas can help the league, lol

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Wow. We're really scraping the bottom of the barrel now for board members, aren't we? ;)

Welcome aboard, Ox.

11. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

funny, i thought maybe one or two ppl said that, but about ALL... i see how it is

12. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Who let that guy in? LoL welcome ox