Leadership Check In Thread 12.13.10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Dec 13, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

After today my schedule lightens up HUGE so just wanted to check in. I am very sorry for no This week in the OMFL. I've just been busy guys, hate it but I am trying.

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

It's cool man. Holidays are tough time for a lot of us as far as scheduling stuff is concerned.

I wish I had the ability to do This Week in the OMFL. I don't honestly know how you do it from week to week. I tried it with the podcasts and just fell apart from inability to keep up with the league speed.

I think the biggest thing we have coming up is the patch and what it will have us doing from here on out. I am really worried about this one dividing the league. I know the last time we talked AP/AM it was a hotly debated topic, but maybe with this patch attitudes will change.

Only thing that pisses me off about the patch announcement is I was JUST learning to play matchup defense on AM and starting to win a few games. Apparently EA heard that and said, "That cat Winuvas on PS3 is winning games? Shit.....gotta patch some stuff and make sure he starts losing again. If he wins, the world will end."

I hope this will allow us to drop to AP and be comfortable with the drop and not worried about crazy scores. I think this patch is the "make or break" patch for this league, in all honestly and seriousness. If AM becomes too tough to play on at a fun level, yet AP is a joke still (as it is now, for the most part, AM is playable just crazy tough), I think it will break us.

I say that only to make sure that we understand how serious this patch may be for the league. Maybe I'm overblowing it, but I honestly don't think I am.

3. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

There was a pretty vocal handfull of guys in the blast chat that were very against ever going to AP, no matter what. Doesn't mean they wouldn't be willing to test it out, but they seemed pretty set on it, for now

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

It was that way earlier as well. I think the patch (if it does as well at fixing deficiencies as it claims) will change some minds.

5. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

this was this past weekend when the switch to AP was mentioned, even considering fixing defensive AI, they still spoke out

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

To be honest, I understand where they are coming from now. Pre-patch, that is. Right now, pains me to say it, but AM is better for the league RIGHT NOW. Pre-Patch.

Post-patch, I want to see what it looks like. I seriously think this patch will change a lot of minds, even those stalwart guys.