Leadership Check-In thread - 12.6.10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Dec 6, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Whats up guys. Anything on the burner that needs to be dealt with?

What rule reminder should I do this week?

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Did you do QB movement? I think you did last week.

Perhaps playcalling for offense/defense? Reminders to mix up playcalls and not blitz every down? I know I heard someone complain about that in chat somewhere.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Also, reiterate rules for CPU game and whatnot.

4. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I was just about to suggest announceing mixing up play-calling. I just get frustrated with the borderline cheese players who call the same money plays just few enough times that it's not really cheese, but just enough to frustrate. Although, Nate, I suspect you'll see some of it this week against the Falcons

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Also, another good rule of thumb would be if there is no "pressing" rule that needs mentioning, to just start at the top and post Rule 1, Rule 2, etc....If only to refresh old owners on rules and new owners on our ruleset in general.

6. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Please give a gentle reminder about stacking the box my first two games I have seen a ton of 8 guys in the box...tired of it already.

7. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Yeah what Bruce said as well. This version just leads to a lot of things that are not great the competitor in everyone comes out. I have actually found myself going to some things too frequently and I don't like it. I just cant believe all we heard about 11 being better and honestly it just is not...

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

This version seems to favor the big pass play and a quality passing game to me. Which is sad considering the biggest push was their run blocking realistic AI. However, on AM, the run blocking seems to be retarded most of the time and you almost have to have a speed back to do any damage. Or maybe it's just me being a crappy playcaller.

Bad thing about a passing attack is I don't have one. I stink at throwing the ball, and with AM man coverage almost being blanketlike and zone coverage being almost useless, it just aggravating to me that I cannot execute my type of defense and offense. Again, maybe it's just lack of execution on my part.

Overall, I dislike Madden 11 versus Madden 10. I stink at both of 'em, but Madden 11 I wish they would patch in CUSTOMIZED difficulty. I found some great sliders on Operation Sports Forums, and I've been having a blast playing offline realistic games. It's not perfect, and I need to tweak it a bit here and there (mainly on pass rush and run blocking), but the sliders are solid and are FUN. I actually like playing the CPU with the sliders because it's not a gimme game (like on AP), but it's not damn near impossible like it is on AM against CPU.

Just trying to make it to Madden 12 and hope that franchise mode in general gets serious love, both online and offline. They need to add the Head Coach-type gameplay from the Head Coach series (still think Head Coach 09, while flawed, is best franchise mode setup in EA's history) where you control no players but can influence your team with your attributes while not playing as any player. I still play Head Coach 09 from time to time, and it's still fun almost 3 years later. They also need to add adjustable difficulties, support for online website management better than what they have now (guys, look at NCAA Football; if they can do it, YOU can do it, Madden), and allow for online cap management and realistic injured reserve setup. I'd love to do a full season, with realistic preseason (complete with 75 man rosters to start with mandatory cutdowns every preseason game) setup and tackles affecting players over time (see Head Coach 09 for the greatest simulation of that EVER). For those not familiar, every time a player hits/gets hit, wherever they hit/fall gets slightly damaged. Over time, you get more and more dinged up and have to have more and more rest from practices. It's a great realistic concept. Loved it in Head Coach 09.

Basically, I want Head Coach 09's franchise mode in Madden. If they did that, I would play nothing else. Except online franchise, of course.

9. natedawg212000

Ox used 4-6 all game. i had 8 in the box all game long. I held my 'finger' (instead of tongue) about our game but I refuse to throw come back or out routes for the rest of madden 11 while we are on AM. It is IMPOSSIBLE. I have a qb with 99 THA and he throws 6 picks in 2 games because out routes and come back routes are ran by the cb before the wr even moves. ridiculous.

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

See, that sucks. Everyone seems to just stack 8 in the box against the run, forcing you to pass. Man coverage in Madden blankets most everything. The coverages that SHOULD work against man coverage in real life (slants, curls, outs) don't work because either the CB breaks for the ball WAY too early, runs the route for the receiver (need them on offense if they are that good at running routes LOL), or just slaps the ball away. I am NOT saying it should work every time, but at least 1 out of 10 would be nice. I see 8 in the box, I audible to a deep pass with a slant/curl on one side, and ONE of those should be open. Yeah, I might get sacked, but I should have one of those open. Nope.

11. natedawg212000

Should we adjust our rules to say no 4-6 all game due to the effectiveness of man/man on AM?

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

That would mean I'd have to change playbooks. lol

But if we think it will help the league in the long run, go for it.

13. natedawg212000

No, I am not saying outlaw it, just not as a base defense. right now its allowed by rules to be a base defense.

14. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Oh....

I would say either 3-4 or 4-3. No 4-4 or 4-6 as a base defense.

15. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

I have to disagree with this one though, Right now a lot of folks are gun shy and rely on the run, taking away these formations as a base, would be a huge advantage.. I just think we need to chalk it up to yet another reason to hate 11 and work on building content to get through this game year :(

16. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Man, I must be playing the wrong teams. lol

I know I am gun shy, but I got reasons. I stink at passing. :)

And to be fair, I would say they can be allowed to be played. Just not as a "main" defense. Play the 46 or 4-4 as a change of pace. That is what I do. I call about 10 4-6 plays a game (if that many). I use mainly 4-3, nickel, and dime (dependent on what offense sends out personnel wise).

17. natedawg212000

AM CBs are almost unbeatable unless you run drags and crosses and post. If you run more than 3 drags ppl cry. It's taken away 75% of my offense.