Leadership Plan going into offseason

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

This is a plan I have.

1. Eliminate the forced content. Making people post things other than game summaries (winning teams only) and scheduling threads is bad news. By doing this, you could force owners that are good owners but are poor writers to want to leave rather than stay. People who are bad writers will shy away from this, and get warnings, and we will lose people more than we will keep them interested. Want to keep them interested? Encourage the people who ARE posting stuff to keep posting stuff, and issue warnings to those that don't do bare minimums (winning summaries and scheduling threads). Get back to enforcing the basics first, then we do encouraging content, not forcing content.
    2. Getting new board members. Regardless of what happens as far as our board is concerned, we will need to replace some folks probably. We need to be prepared for departures, and have guys who can take over reins at various spots. Let's get some names together and start putting out feelers.
    3. Getting owners excited about offseason. We need more life about the offseason. That starts with us. We have to be excited about the offseason. Where are the posts about the Toilet Bowl for non-playoff teams? Draft posts (other than mine)?
    4. Fixing the rulebooks. A recent one, but one we should have taken care of a long time ago. We need more than one volunteer for this, and we all need to have access to the rulebook to edit so Nate does not have all the workload put on him. Any edits we do should be noted here so all board members can know how/what was edited.
    5. Getting back to the basics. This goes without saying. Just like in football, when teams hit a losing streak, they get back to fundamentals. We need to as well. Reset the guidelines for all board members. Reset the guidelines for all "special" owners like Gaddy. Make sure their responsibilities are clear cut and understood. Make sure they can do those responsibilities. Reset the chain of command with all the changes in our board area. Let the owners now we are solid, together, and prepared. And all this shit we have had and drama we have had is under the bridge.
    6. Getting solid ownership back in the OMFL.This has really improved with our recent "hires", but we need to make sure that we get the best of the best when we take on new guys. We've had more turnover in this season than in our three seasons prior, with guys starting up and leaving a week later, getting booted for questionable gameplay, and things of that nature. Make sure the scrim games are legit, and if we have to have 2 of them per owner, then let's do it. I want owners that will last, that read/understand/like our rules structure and cap system, and like the way we do business. That's right, business. We are in a business of trying to entertain others. We need to treat it as such. Some of us can be more serious about it than others, but we still need this done.

That is my plan. Post here if you have any issues with these guidelines I have laid out to make the OMFL 2.0 better than ever. Let's work together to get this thing rolling.

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

I have thoughts, but I'm not sure if they are relevent until I figure out what is happening with the other three.

3. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

That is a nice foundation to start with win, keeping it simple is always smart. We may have all gotten a little too smart for our own good.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I am not leaving the OMFL nor the board room as long as you guys will have me.

This is the last I will speak about the subject of my issues with Dunlap. Just as I told him, issues seem to follow Dunlap. When one issue is resolved another always pops up. Probably due to his overwhelming passion for this thing. But if you remember in that Chris Farley movie where he loved something so much until his passion got out of control and it eventually crumbled in his hands.(ok bad anology but you get the point)

Dunlaps passion is good for the OMFL as an owner but IMO not as a board member at this time.

Thats all I have on that.

As far as OMFL leadership goes we need to improve and that starts with Nate and myself a close second. In the last week Nate has done a complete 180 and I am finally starting to see the old Nate that we have grown to LOVE!!!

I am rededicating myself to the OMFL. I am going to try and start hyping up the offseason,going to try and get some sort of Toilet Bowl going and whatever else I can do to get positive energy back in here.

I have briefly spoken with Bada about coming aboard as a board member and his was open to the idea.

Thats about the jist of it for now. I apologize if I have caused any undue drama or confusion as that wasnt my intention.

5. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Yes to Bada for sure

6. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I am fine with this and will include it in my post and a post to the league as a whole tomorrow morning.