League 1 Preview

Discussion in 'TFL: League 1 Red' started by AJ Hart MN, Feb 4, 2011.

1. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Title Contenders
    [​IMG]
    Everyone's favorite in League 1 start's with Manager Darlon's Everton side. This team may also be one of the favorites when the Champions league draw is released. The bruising midfield is the strength of this squad with the likes of Mauouane Fellani, Mikel Arteta and Tim Cahill. We would be very shocked if Everton doesn't win this league. Is it possible that they can repeat Marseille's record steak of a unbeaton season?? In my mind, it's a distinct possibility.​
    Players to Watch:
    Mikel Arteta
    [​IMG]
    Arteta is one of the main reason's we think Everton has a chance to go unbeaten. His strength and style personify Darlon's game.. Patience, aggression and sheer skill. Look for Arteta to be one of the top players in League 1.​
    Louis Saha​
    [​IMG]
    Saha may be getting up there in age but he still has the ability to score 20 goals this season. A league 1 golden boot is not out of the question.​

[​IMG]
    Manager Hedache has also made quite the name for himself with his relentless defensive style. It seems sometimes that it's almost impossible to score on his Turkish side. We fully expect him to give Darlon's Everton squad all they can handle whenever they meet up.. Just don't expect a 3-2 scoreline when Hedache is involved, you would be very fortunate to slip 1 by him.​
    Players to Watch:
    Harry Kewell
    [​IMG]
    With the loss of some of Galatasaray's top players, Kewell will have to be more involved if the Turkish club is to score many goals. The Australian International has the talent to do so but does he have the help?​
    Ufuk Ceylan​
    [​IMG]
    Galatasaray's defense is their strength and Keeper Ceylan will have to be on top of his game every matchday if they are to challenge for promotion. We still think with the lack of talent, Hedache will have his beloved squad in the Premier League next season.​
    [​IMG]
    Elprez's Hamburg squad has been giving some of the top teams in the Premier League fit's already. He is a very disciplined manager but will pounce on you with great attackers. Mladen Petric and Eljero Elia lead the good German attack and Marcel Jansen and Ze Roberto lead a good group of midfielders. We also expect Hamburg to be playing in the Premier League next season.​
    Players to Watch:
    Mladen Petric
    [​IMG]
    With the loss of Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Petric will be counted on along with Elia to pick up the scoring slack. He is also up there in age but we think he has a 15 goal season in him yet.​
    Joris Mathijsen​
    [​IMG]
    Hamburg will have to be solid defensively to achieve all of their goals entering this season but guys like Mathijsen will more than likely make those goals achievable. A Dutch International, Joris has all the experience to lead this squad to promotion.​
    Sleepers
    [​IMG]
    Although I haven't had the privilege to play manager Killer Nuts yet, I have heard many good things about him and his Levekusen squad. Leverkusen has loads of big names with the likes of Michael Ballack, Stefan Kiebling and Arturo Vidal. This team is going to score many goals and we wouldn't be one bit surprised if the were to be promoted or even make some noise in the Champions League.​
    Players to Watch:
    Michael Ballack
    [​IMG]
    Ballack is one of the more famous players in the world for good reason. He still has all the tools to be the best player in League 1 even at his age. Expect huge things from the former German Captain. We wouldn't be surprised if he leads all leagues in Man of the Match awards.​
    Rene Adler​
    [​IMG]
    Even with some great forwards, Leverkusen still will be very tough to score on. Adler is one of the best keepers in Germany and certainly will be one of the top one's in League 1. I see 10+ clean sheets out of this keeper.​
    [​IMG]
    Anyone who has played Kreb's Dordmund squad know what a pain in the ass they are to deal with. Another excellent defender, he much like Hedache will have many 1 nil scorelines.. We think he will be the beneficiary of those games however. Everything starts with star keeper Roman Weidenfeller. He is a rock in the net's and that's one of the main reason's Dordmund's style is what it is. They do also have some excellent attackers and their main man is Lucas Barrios. He'll power his way to 15-20 goals this season and we fully expect to see Dordmund near the top when the season concludes.​
    Players to Watch:
    Roman Weidenfeller
    [​IMG]
    We have already talked at length about Borussia's defensive style and we fully expect the German keeper to have around 10-13 clean sheets when all is said and done.​
    Lucas Barrios​
    [​IMG]
    The Paraguay Striker is poised to become one of the top target men in League 1. He's got everything you need in a Stiker and he seems to be getting better with age. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he averages a goal a game this season.​
    I honestly don't know much about the other guy's in the league as I haven't played any of the others yet. Hopefully I can get to know and play the rest of you in the near future. Hopefully next season, I'll have a more detailed version of the League 1 preview.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Darlon

Darlon Walk On

Someone's done his research. Solid preview. Time to live up to the expectations.

3. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

What a league we have here. The players, the content, the structure. Proud to be here.

4. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I wish I could have done more with the League 1 guys. I just don't know everyone as a player all that well yet. I was also very frustrated that espnsoccernet didn't have pics of most of the players. They didn't have a single one of hedache's guys which was very frustrating but hopefully next season I'll be a bit more prepared and will have nice pics of all the top guys on all the teams.

5. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

hehe nice preview :)

6. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

Great preview. Have I mentioned how fantastic this place is?