League 1 Season 4 News

Discussion in 'TFL: League 1 Red' started by niuhuskie224, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Dylema
    Merih
    Timpegoose
    elprez98
    hedache
    Bryan Colmenares
    GovernedSpy
    Colemanchu
    Krebstar425
    The Richuation

Hello all and welcome to season 4. Just a few notes for the upcoming season.

We have dropped the first fixtures so get them done. Being caught up in NCAA 12 will not be a valid excuse.

We have three new members this season, myself, Dylema and Merih Be sure to welcome us by letting us win our first games so we can get back to the Premier League where we belong.

Trash talking is encouraged for this season. Just keep it clean and keep it about game action and not personal stuff. Anything deemed inappropriate will be dealt with swiftly and harshly.

If you are NOT a premier or foundation member, please remove your picture from your signature. This is a premier member perk only. If you would like to become a premier member for just $12 dollars, go to your account page and send it via pay pal. If you have any questions be sure to contact Shaun Mason.

Final standings here will determine your place for FIFA 12 so keep that in mind.

The Richuation you should post this next part over in the PL news.

The Champions League and Europa Cup will be sorted out in the coming weeks. I will be using the standings from last season to set that up so these early games have no barring on the CL or EC.

Worst of luck to all of you in Season 4.

Your Friendly L1 commissioner and future L1 champion.

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Lyon, Villareal, and Zenit for promotion (in no particular order) - don't let me down!

3. hedache

hedache Walk On

It's funny that every beginning of season I'm shown to be the one to go up, and then none of that happens, I hit the bottom. You guys are f#$ing jinxing me :)

4. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

You all have no idea what is going to happen when you play Atletico. I am predicting a 50 goal season for myself with Forlan getting at least 24 goals.

5. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

So much pressure this year, I'm actually picked to do something good by someone.

6. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

That's the plan. I hope you get relegated. :cool:

That's still less goals than you gave up last season. :cool:

[​IMG]

7. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Boom Roasted!!!

8. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

I'm just going to say this now, I will finish third or fourth in L1. I have a game that requires converting the few finishing chances I get and most of the time I don't. I've been lucky so far this season picking up 2 wins early but I am beatable and am no way a sure bet to go up.

9. hedache

hedache Walk On

If you have a few finishing chances, then you're doing great with the converting part. Or you don't really have a game that requires converting "few" finishing chance at all the way it seems.

10. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

My first game was just good finishing. That rarely happens for me and NIUhuskie doesn't know what defense is so that was why I scored a few on him, albeit while giving up plenty. My second game was just a matter of unlocking the defense, I had his number and I picked apart the 3 in the back system, I was just on that game.

I don't think these 3 games are a good sample set on how many goals I should score. I'm a slow player who waits of a really good chance before i pull the trigger and in the past I usually miss those.

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

This is one of the most ignorant posts ever. :redcard:

12. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

League 1 is getting a bit heated this season.. I blame it on Huskie ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

Why? I'm getting picked to finish second by Huskie like he's giving me the spot. I'm really not that good at this game. Should I go up yeah but I was down in 5th at the mid way point of my last season in L1.

14. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

L1 is all about finishing top 3. Gotta have some trash talking and boasting about how you will get there.

15. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

So how do you feel bout that post now that my luck has wore off and I have 6 points through 8 games?

16. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

17. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I would much rather you stay in the league then resign at this point but if that is what you want to do, I will figure something out.

PM me and maybe we can work something out for the remainder of the season.

18. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

up to u mate but maybe see the season out without feeling any pressure and choose a team u feel u suit next season? :)

19. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

I'll finish out the season but not sure if I'll be back for FIFA 12 now. I've been called out for saying I'm not really that great and then called out for apparently cheating. This just seems to be turning into a place that isn't about trying to play some competitive games and having fun, it's about trying to be the best and if someone does something you don't like taking it public before even saying a thing to you.

20. hedache

hedache Walk On

If you have any problems with your opponents' style or any incident that happened, you should give them the opportunity to explain theirselves. I would suggest starting a private conversation with your commish and the opponent and don't take it public right away.

And everyone should realize that the accusations you read publicly are one's own opinions. They may not be true, so I wouldn't judge one by just someone else's experience unless I have had the same experience and agree. Still should be discussed privately first.

As for Dylemma, I've played him 2 seasons ago, and this season, and I haven't noticed anything that bugs me. I've played other opponents that I felt less uncomfortable but Dylemma hasn't taken my attention. I would think it's considered cheating because he is doing something better than you do. I know Dylemma is a good player even though his record hasn't reflected it this season.

It's like me calling GovernedSpy a cheater cos he wins every f##ing header against me :D . Is that cheating? No it's not, he just does that part of the game better than me, obviously he figured something that I haven't. My only suggestion would be, instead of trying to cross the ball 90% of the time (I don't know if you play like that in all your games by the way), vary your attacks a tiny bit more. Yes it works that way but it also helps improving other parts of your game to vary your attacks. As simple as that, no cheating no unsportsmanlike anything, just a friendly suggestion from me.

21. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

haha yeah i have studied the art of crossing and know how to maximise my opportunities ;)

22. hedache

hedache Walk On

Yes you damn Scott!!! Next time I'll get you with my overrated French at least.

23. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

haha we will see huskie's collapse has given me a chance to reignite my promotion push :)

24. hedache

hedache Walk On

He hasn't really collapsed, did he lose a game again?

25. hedache

hedache Walk On

Ooops I just saw the whole thing on match results, I hadn't seen that part of things before I responded here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.