League 1 Week Two Preview

Discussion in 'TFL: League 1 Red' started by AJ Hart MN, Feb 11, 2011.

1. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Fixture of the Week
    [​IMG]
    @

[​IMG]
    After both teams left first week without a point, this game will prove critical for both sides. Although Fulham only played one game, they have already started to make a name for themselves as a possible sleeper this season. Manager KnightNoles plays a exciting style of futbol and the English side should be a force the rest of the season. Hamburg were easily the most disappointing team in league 1 in the first week. They need to regroup or Manager elprez could really start to feel some heat.​
    Keys to the Game - Hamburg
    They need to get studs Elia and Petric more involved in the offense. These two are way too good for this team to not score goals. Fulham is no slouch so it is imperative that these guys get on the scoresheet if Hamburg is to win this game.
    Keys to the Game - Fulham
    Be very patient.. Hamburg is well known for their defensive style of Futbol so manager Knight needs to take advantage of any chance they get. He has proven he can score during friendly's and by the fact they were able to score on the brick wall that is the Galatasaray defense. On the defensive side, make sure they don't get beat by the great counter attack of Hamburg, Elia is as fast as they come so they can't let his speed beat them.
    Prediction:
    Hamburg 1 - Fulham 1
    Upset Special?
    [​IMG]
    @
    [​IMG]
    Manager KillerNuts has already proven he can play with anyone and this week's fixture against League 1 favorite Everton gives him the opportunity to prove that again this week. Captain Michael Ballack will be the key to the game as he hopes he can slow down the powerful midfield of the strong English side. Louis Saha looks to continue his fast start against a somewhat suspect Leverkusen defense.​
    Keys to the Game - Bayern Leverkusen
    Like we stated earlier, Ballack needs to control the midfield and get the ball to forwards Kiebling and Augusto in space so they can do some damage with their skill. Leverkusen's back line also needs to play at a top level as Everton is as good as anyone at finishing. It's all a tall task but it's quite possible that the German side can come away with the result they are looking for.
    Keys to the Game - Everton
    Keep doing whatever your doing.. Everton has been quite stingy on the back line and have been very opportunistic when given chances at goals. The potent midfield and Louis Saha should get ample chances as the Leverkusen backline can be somewhat suspect at times. Keeper Tim Howard has been great thus far and will have to continue his fine form if they want to keep Bayern at bay.
    Prediction:
    Everton 2 - Leverkusen 1

2. hedache

hedache Walk On

I'm sad to inform you but Fulham Hamburg game was also played last night. At least if you had done your research well, you could have an exact prediction :p AJ's League 1 prediction record goes down to 0-3. My prediction, Everton 3 - 0 Leverkusen.

3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Haters are my motivation.

4. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

Dammit can we fly under the radar for a week....THE PRESSURE IS TOO MUCH!!!!!

5. hedache

hedache Walk On

I don't hate you. I actually like you, that's why I think it'll only be 3-0 and not 6. There you go, motivation gone and I'm a step closer to my prediction. :D

6. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Honestly, I think I'll be losing this one for sure. Regardless of who I'm playing, I blow against Everton. For some reason, I have all the trouble in the world against that club on this game.

3-0 may very well be correct. :)