League Archive Change

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I have an idea.

We're not really using the League Archive section. The user ladder is there, but we're not viewing it much. I'm going to move the ladder to the front of the forums for traffic reasons. Then, since the Archive is empty, save for some threads we dumped there, I thought we would change it's use a bit.

What if we renamed it "League Resources" or "League FAQ" and then stickied a few threads with helpful stuff for league members. We could post a link to the dynasty website, and a bunch of How-To stuff, like how to take a screen shot, or how to get good game pics, or how to save any vid you want from a game - that kind of thing. We can also post links to collections of pics and such, like logos and stuff. We could show members how to use photobucket or any other site that might be helpful. For example, I recently learned that Firefox users can download an app from photobucket that allows us to upload any online pic with a simple right click. I used this to collect all the logos from Yahoo Rivals and put them in my PB page.

Anyway, this is what I was thinking. Good idea or no?

2. Goose

Goose Walk On

Great idea.

3. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

i like it

4. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Arch there is also an add-on in Foxfire that allows you to do screen grabs by doing a right click the add-on is called ScreenGrab!, I found it is easier to use than Jing.

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Once we get the forum name changed, I think I'll sticky a few threads for tech help and such. I bet we'll get some use out of that.

6. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Check out my post on The left Coast on how to make quick easy game summaries...we might want to polish the turd up a bit and make a copy for the league archives here.

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I posted four threads, and started populating one of them. When you guys get a chance, help me full up the others, either with tips, or with questions.