League Archive

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Guys,

I think we will be fine posting team news in the league blogs. It gives us fewer threads to look at, and the conversation can just keep flowing as we go through the seasons, with a new thread each year. What if we made the league archive a place for Hall-of-Fame type stuff? We could track the stuff we want to compete in; we could rank teams by number of all americans, for example, or track user vs user records, (I used to keep a running list of wins and losses by players and move them up and down the top 12 as they won or lost) to see who rises to the top over time. We could track recruiting classes by rank ... that sort of thing. We could do whatever we want. And this being week 2 of our first season under this format, it would be a good time to start. It's another way to compete, and it gets rid of the team news threads, which most of us are not keeping up on already. It gives us a new style of league content that's easy to maintain, and fun to talk trash about, and it saves me from having to bust balls over Team News content.

Good idea, or no?

2. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I think that's a great idea. I was going to start noting down that kind of info for historical reasons but figured since noone really started and ended the season with the same team last year it would be best to start this season.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

• I think the idea of a user v. user ladder would go over well.
    • Ranking recruiting classes would be cool, too. We just take the rank for each year, total them, and divide by the number of years, to get the average class, and then rank us accordingly.
    • Maybe a "total # of all-americans" list?
    • Heisman Winners and their coaches?
    • Conference champions, Bowl Champions, etc.
    Just a few things we could do.

4. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Sounds like a great idea

5. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

I agree, sounds awesome

6. bdub

bdub Walk On

Yeah I think this is a great idea.

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

OK, I put up the User v. User ladder, and I'll track and update it regularly. As for other content, I'm open to suggestions, but I'd like other guys to take on the duties. If we do a yearly kind of thing, it'll only really need to be updated at the end of each season, so it could be a low-maintenance way for seem of you slackers to slack less. Let me know.

I plan on ranking guys based on wins, and on who you beat. So, since PSU beat #1, and OSU beat #22, I put PSU on top. I'll average these wins going forward as a kind of tie-breaker.

8. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Arch', I think the condensing the threads and making the blogs a focus was a good move. We ACC guys have a lot of work to do to catch up to what you fellas have posted already. Should be fun.