League Archive

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by I Peench, Nov 6, 2010.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

reserved

2. I Peench

Welcome to Week 3!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Baylor Bears (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Baylor won 41-0 against Buffalo (1-1).
    This week, the Bears travel to Fort Worth to face the #14 TCU Horned Frogs (1-1).

=============== Colorado Buffaloes (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Colorado won 41-24 against Cal (1-1).
    This week, the Buffaloes will host Hawai'i (1-0).

=============== #6 Iowa Hawkeyes (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 35-21 against Iowa State (1-1).
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to Tucson to face the Arizona Wildcats (2-0).

=============== Iowa State Cyclones (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Iowa State lost 35-21 against Iowa (2-0).
    This week, the Cyclones will host Kansas State (1-1).

=============== #22 Missouri Tigers (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Missouri won 46-0 against Georgia Tech (1-1).
    This week, the Tigers will host San Diego State (2-0).

=============== #5 Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 49-6 against Idaho (0-1).
    This week, the Cornhuskers travel to Seattle to face the Washington Huskies (1-1).

=============== #1 Ohio State Buckeyes (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 38-24 against Miami (1-1).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host Ohio (1-1).

=============== #10 Oklahoma Sooners (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 28-10 against Florida State (1-1).
    This week, the Sooners will host Air Force (1-1).

=============== #12 Penn State Nittany Lions (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 32-6 against Alabama (1-1).
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host Kent State (1-1).

=============== Michigan Wolverines (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 70-31 against Notre Dame (1-1).
    This week, the Wolverines will host FCS East .

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 66-21 against Louisiana Tech (1-1).
    This week, the Aggies will host FIU (0-1).

=============== #7 Wisconsin Badgers (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Badgers were idle.
    This week, the Badgers will host Arizona State (2-0).

3. I Peench

Lost starting QB and impact player Jarrod Johnson (93 overall) for the season. Yikes!

4. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Can't wait to get into conference play! These user matchups should be pretty epic!

5. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

PS3 Dynasty? WTF Peench, what have you signed us up for haha

6. Rob G

Rob G Walk On

Week 3: The Cyclones fell to 1-2 and 0-2 in Big Twelve play with a disappointing home loss to Kansas State. The Cyclones opened strong with an interception on the 3rd play of the game and scoring on a 1 yard touchdown run by senior RB Alex Robinson to take an early lead. K State responded with a scoring drive of their own to make the game 7-7 after the first quarter.

A back and forth second quarter featured little offense as ISU could not get their ground game going as they had hoped. Kansas State added another touchdown midway through and a late field from ISU brought the game to halftime with a score of 14-10 KState.

The Cyclones opened up the second half with a solid scoring drive. A balanced attack was capped by a 12 yard run from sophomore QB Jerome Tiller. KState and Iowa State traded field goals to end the 3rd quarter Iowa State 20 Kansas State 17.

Kansas State took the lead again with another touchdown. Iowa State failed to move the chains on back to back possessions and Kansas State took advantage taking a 31-20 lead. A crucial interception by sophomore CB Jeremy REeves deep in Iowa State territory gave the Cyclones a glimmer of hope as they marched down the field for a late score. A failed onside kick and a long rushing TD sealed the game for the Wildcats. Final Score K State 38 - Iowa State 28

Bright spots for the Cyclones included:
    Jerome Tiller (Sophomore QB): Gutsy performance 26-27 for 270 yds 0 td and 1 pick on last play of the game on a hail mary. Also added 25 yds on the ground and a crucial rushing touchdown.

Darius Darks (junior WR): 7 catches for 165 yds. Quickly emerging as Tiller's go to receiver.

The Cyclones look to right the ship next week against FCS West followed by a Big 12 matchup when Texas Tech comes to town in week 5.

7. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

After saving schedules at least three times. It appears the FCS opponenets still stayed on. Again, i apologize and i ask that you do not abuse these guys. Starters should play no more than the first half in all reality.

8. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

OUCH!

O yeah, im salivating after my one game with John Clay and then the freshmen back up RB who is a bit of a speedster right here from my home town, my rushing attack should be pretty good. Cant wait to see how they hold up against these big 10 defenses.

9. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

it never fails, i always lay a shit egg against a cpu team. Taylor martinez may have missed 5 different receives by at LEAST 15 yards on passes...

10. I Peench

I had nothing to do with that, thank you!

11. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Look forward to my summary tomorrow. I beat TCU on what i will admit was a LUCKY ASS play. I'll even have a video for your viewing pleasure.

12. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Guys here is the deal.

Today I started playing my game against Hawai'i.

My dad and brother came down (actually my whole family). I was playing my game but with the family being here it wasn't going quickly.

Long story short...time was getting away and I was rushing to get done for work and the game was taking for ever because stupid Hawaii and hurry up 5-wide offense stopped the clock every stinkin play.

Well I had a 21 point lead in the 4th with 5 mins and had to go to work. I know this is a no-no, but i had to supersim the last part of the game so I wouldn't be late.

Then i noticed they caught me. They scored 3 touchdowns in a matter of 5 mins. I was mad, I stopped sim w/1 min left. I scored a TD and then stupid Hawaii scores with 4 seconds left.

I go into overtime trying to finish. I get a touchdown and then I have to leave. So I pause which is generally okay, but my baby twin sisters were here. Either them or another sibling turned the game off....

So now I come home and the games off and no in overtime. So I can replay in the morning (work a double tomorrow).

If you guys decide then you can throw out my results and sim it. I have a good track record and no prior restarts. Furthermore, DADRHINO1 and BloodBone54 can vouch for me that I was up big.

Anyways your call fellas.

So sorry about inconvenience.

13. Gyrene76

Stoked to be in this league.

Lets let this league take off and not make the admins regretting for this forum space :)

Furthermore, we definitely should add a lot more content. I will be very busy tomorrow as I was today, but will kill the forums monday.

Later men

14. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Stuff happens buddy. I don't see a problem with playing it over. If you have trouble finding time getting it in tomorrow, LMK

15. Gyrene76

Thanks man...

I plan on getting up early...i would hate to be the guy to hold ya'll up.

Saturday and Sunday are busy...especially Sunday.

Sorrya gain man...makes me mad stupid supersim for 4 mins or so and they score 21! They are a C+ team, it was crap

16. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Some ideas. Instead of the WML's betting game, I'd much rather have a "Bigs Pick 'em." Either Peench or myself will randomly pick 3 games for you guys to pick and the person with the best overall record will be rewarded somehow. I'd also like to find a way for us to create a Banner Thread. If someone has any skills with photoshop or anything, we put conference and National Title banners up with the years of the championship. Something we can always look back on.

17. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

If ya think about it, it sounds just like Hawaii though lol. Only thing is they'd prolly give up 21 points just as fast as they'd score em lol

18. Gyrene76

Baller idea...

I still think we could steal Coaches Corner and maybe GameDay..a lot of work though...still great leagues need a great amount of input from everyone...not just commissioners.

Anyways, great job guys. This league will be a fantastic one.

19. Gyrene76

Very true, Oh I was angry man. So mad!

20. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

If anyone wants to do a coaches corner, be my guest. Its a feature i love, but unfortunately i won't be able to run it.

21. Dean Evans

Dean Evans Run by Walmart and pick you up a personality!

All ideas sound great, I volunteer Gyrene76 for one of them anyhow. He can pick even. League is looking good especially the OU vs CU matchup later. Hopefully will be able to pull one out. I might send someone to sabotage your controller bro.

22. Dean Evans

23. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Gameday like college gameday on espn? Where have you seen that done at? sounds awesome

24. Dean Evans

Week 3 vs. Air Force
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

During week 3 the Air Force Falcons came to Memorial Stadium in Norman with the intention of uncircling the wagons. The Sooners were undaunted by the flair of the Falcon option offense. The Falcons were forced to a 3 and out on their first possession with TE Trent Ratterree catching a 3 yd Landry Jones pass for the first score of the game. Jones went 15-21 for 242 yds 2 TDs on what proved to be a short outing for the starting QB. Back-up freshman QB Drew Allen was 2-3 for 57 yds and a touchdown in mop up duty. The backfield tandem of DeMarco Murray and Mossis Madu racked up nearly 200 yds rushing with one TD. Madu also had a receiving TD of 40 yds to bolster his season stats. Ryan Broyles had 5 receptions for 90 yds and a TD. Broyles told this reporter that the run was working so well they kept blitzing and Landry would opt to a hot route for me and I didn't miss my opportunities.
    The defensive front four had 3 sacks and alot of QB pressures against the AF QB. This lead to a pick six for freshman SS Tony Jefferson in the neighborhood of 42 yds. Kicker Patrick O'Hara was solid in the kicking game hitting a perfect 3 of 3 fieldgoals. Coach Evans said that the Air Force option had him worried some during the week but the defense stepped up holding the Falcons to 57 yds rushing. The only downside to the game was the fact that the Sooners lost the take-away battle and the TOP, both were minimal but still not acceptable.
    [​IMG]
    Pictured is DeMarco Murray on a 54 yd jaunt to the endzone

25. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Another idea, I have decided that i will be broadcasting the remainder of my user game this season on ustream. If anyone else wants to skype or ustream them let me know and if we have enough interest we will create a Live Broadcast thread where you guys can post and banter while you watch the game.