League Check In

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Feb 20, 2012.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I want to see who's still going forward and what is a general plan. Any needed changes or whatnot. My disc will be fixed tomorrow since the library was closed today.

2. f4cekha0s

f4cekha0s The Mad Hatter

well if i get accepted ill be going forward lol

3. Cavs4LIFE

Cavs4LIFE Walk On

Im still in. Id like to see minutes for each quarter lowered to eight to 10 minutes, playing the CPU on Pro in 12 minute quarters is boring IMO. Also want the difficulty raised back to all star, Pro is just too easy.
    We need a more stricter system for setting up games. I know people get busy, but my last 3 games are against users. One I haven't seen on for awhile and one who ignored my messages. Already 1 game was simmed, the last two will probably be simmed as well, which means I wont be able to play a game until playoffs. Then there was the case where _MG_ and I agreed to play a game, which he no showed in. This is why I want stricter rules, dont agree to a date and time if you cant get on.

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

We can try that. You can stop tagging MG -- I think he's trying to get the UFC league up and running. So, are you saying restart?

5. Cavs4LIFE

Cavs4LIFE Walk On

No, Id rather not restart, thought league settings can be changed during offseason. We just have to recruit a lot more into the league. If we can get 14-16 active people in the league, it would lessen CPU games and increase user v user, where difficulty should not be that much of an issue. Then have some sort of punishment system for missing a game you agreed to play. Something like 1st time is a warning, 2nd time you bench your best player for a half, 3rd time the player is benched for the entire game. I see threads in other leagues for people to post if they know they will be unavailable certain days and times of the week, we should use something like that.
    EDIT-you try deleting your game data, guessing it didnt work?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

No luck. Its frustrating. It starts locking up my whole system.

7. Cavs4LIFE

Cavs4LIFE Walk On

Wow that sucks. I bumped the thread in OS, hopefully some people are looking to join.

8. mikecola86

mikecola86 Walk On

you know im still in

9. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

How many users are you guys looking for? Im interested but Im not gonna commit until I figure out the structure and goal of the league.

10. sactown_13

sactown_13 Walk On

Unfortunately, I think a restart would benefit us. As we have all got better at this game some scores are getting out of hand. All star is the way to go imo. Most of the users who wanted it on pro are gone anyway. I play a offline association mostly now cause ours has got so damn boring playing 12 min quarters on pro. Why this may scare off some users who are new to the game, I think it will bring in a little more advanced crowd. I was reading through some of the comments in the Xbox league and they all struggled with the CPU at first too, now that they have played a full season most of them are pretty good at it

• Like Like x 1
  11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Yeah, Pro got boring to me as well -- espcially when I figured out my playbook. Most of my losses are sim losses.

12. sactown_13

sactown_13 Walk On

yeah, some of us wont make the playoffs but that should be expected out of some teams. to be quite honest with you, i was having more fun when my lowly kings were struggling to hit .500. it made sense when looking at my roster. i know some users wont be happy with a restart but another added benefit would be a more complete roster set. with so many new faces raising their game this year and our current roster set isnt reflecting this.

13. Cavs4LIFE

Cavs4LIFE Walk On

Getting better rosters would be great, only thing I dont like about restarting is the time we put in for this season. If restarting the league is the only way to raise the difficulty, Im all for it.

14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Ok, a restart will probably be the way we go. We'll continue with this until we have a strong 10-12 guys and continue to build from there.

We also need to do a little better with the league communication, I think a blast group will help.

15. Cavs4LIFE

Cavs4LIFE Walk On

So when will the league restart happen and what is a blast group?

16. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Well, first we want to get a nice/decent sized group. And a blast group is a feature through AIM in which multiple people can be in instant messenger group -- basically its a chatroom.

• Like Like x 1
  17. f4cekha0s

f4cekha0s The Mad Hatter

still waiting to hear if im even accepted lol

18. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

You're in, my bad. Please join the discussion.

19. sactown_13

sactown_13 Walk On

Sounds good, im gonna switch teams if thats cool with everyone else. looking for a new challenge, i play with the kings all the time.

20. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Sorry I haven't been involved with this league. With co-commishing Hk and being part of the tcbl leadership, I haven't had time to dedicate to the zone. I wouldn't mind staying on as one of the members if you will have me.

21. Cavs4LIFE

Cavs4LIFE Walk On

Ill have you lol, and like sactown, was wondering if I could switch teams too.

22. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Thanks!

Cavs?

23. f4cekha0s

f4cekha0s The Mad Hatter

if no one has ORL thats who I would be hoping to get. Ill even put d12 on the block to make things as sim as possible;)

24. sactown_13

sactown_13 Walk On

haha. orlando is still open

25. f4cekha0s

f4cekha0s The Mad Hatter

sweet thats who i would take.