League Content.. What Do YOU GUYS wanna See?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DreSmithJr, Sep 20, 2010.

1. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

League Content.. What Do YOU GUYS wanna See?

Im tryna keep this thing JUMPING and FUN for all the members.. and since im on a CPU all the time.. work, home.. i can definately add content to aid in this.

But while i have a few ideas.. i would like to see what YOU guys.. (FELLOW OWLS UNITE.. corny? lol) would like to see and ill jump on it.(y)

-Dre

2. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Photo of the week Contest! Everyone save only one photo for each game, snipper tool them all into the forum and vote for photo of the week.

After the game you can look at highlights and access the replay by hitting X button. Take an interesting snap shot and make sure it is your only picture highlight so it shows up first on your Wire page (delete all the generated photos). Dre could snipper tool them all onto a forum pole and we could vote for the best picture.

or we could just put the pictures up ourselves

3. DreSmithJr

i like that.. ive seen some funny stuff.. and some really amazing things too.. i 2nd that. thanks for the idea WGW

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I like the photo idea.

Dre, how do you feel about doing a game of the week feature? It should be user match-ups, but a really huge user/cpu game would work too. If you look ahead, pick a game and post it up.......a little expert ESPN analysis. Maybe you can give each team a question to answer in the thread. "Coach, UCLA has an awesome running attack. How can you stop it?" Then it would get the 2 coaches involved as well.

5. DreSmithJr

THIS IS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT. GREAT STUFF DAKOTA.(y)

man wait till i get home from work lol..

Keep em coming guys..

ima do a couple diff things

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Funniest thing I've read all day...you'll see how "awesome" my running attack is tonight :)

7. dakota7

lol........you can even go Vegas on us and give us some odds.

8. dakota7

Well.....to answer the question, I'm planning on playing 12 guys on defense tonight.

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I was going to post something about content so thank you Dre for getting the ball rolling.

I wanted to get through the 1st season to really see how everyone like the league and set-up before I really got the ball rolling with content. But seems like we have guys that are into it so have at it.

Take a look around the other league sites and see what they do. I like the picture thing, that would be cool. Really anything you guys post that keeps us talking and interested in the games coming up is beneficial to the league so Im all for it.

I have a pretty cool Power Ranking template I "borrowed" from someone else on the boards. I was planning on putting it up week 9 and updating it every week or 2. I'll get on that tomorrow once we advance tonight.

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I dont know if you have ever played anyone at Autzen Stadium in this game but its a bitch! Really tough place to win in game and in real life. I will have to play the perfect game to even have a chance!

11. DreSmithJr

good stuff guys. i just feel like me playing isnt enuf. and i like coming to the site and keep our boards interesting will def benefit us all

12. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Agreed I would totally be into any extras

I'll think of some stuff.

13. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

all these ideas sound good. ill have to think of some other stuff we could possibly add. I mean with the forum we have the capabilities of going deeper into this dynasty then we would just using the game so we might as well take advantage of it.

14. Jayrah

We should add an "Odds Beater" to this. So a weekly winner to the member who guesses closest to the score of the Game of the Week or something. Add a little weekly college fantasy touch.

Could also add a user Player of the week section where the coach selects his player of the week, and we all vote on it. Another thing to vote on might be user Coach of the Year. Of course that would be end season, but something to think about.

15. DreSmithJr

2 more great ideas... ill get working today while im at work

16. Jayrah

Hey Dre if we pm'd you cell phone #'s, would you have an easier time getting info from each coach by text? Just thinking, as it seems like that would be a faster way of communicating with the 'game of the week' coaches and 'interviews'. I would certainly give you my cell for that purpose. Just trying to think of a way to make your life easier in the event of a user game being played on the first night of a week.

17. DreSmithJr

^^ i was thinking aout that.. or i may have to start looking ahead becuz u and envy played so quick... i was unable to kick out a good preview before hand =[

18. Jayrah

yeah with texts you could actually have Rec pick the Game of the Week and tell you who it is immediately, then you could get on a quicker preview. Even if you don't get a preview though. You can get a post game.