LEAGUE DADDY?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Emmdotfrisk, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

LEAGUE DADDY?

Hey Guys,

Since the idea for any type of fantasy draft has bombed and the Online League option is brutal, I have come up with an alternative.

League Daddy.

League Daddy will act as the hub for everything related to TBL. Do see an example of what league daddy can do please CLICK HERE.

I know many of you will have questions so fire away! I will field them as they follow.

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I'm down for it. I have been looking at the league options and they are pathetic. This being one of their biggest games every year and they bombed it again. Still want cubs

3. Emmdotfrisk

Exactly. I think if we want to get the most out of the league LD might be our best options with the flaws in online league. It will take more work out of us but those who are not interested I understand. I hope we can get 30 solid/hardcore owners but if not we can still incorporate CPU teams as the season progresses.

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

So we would have to enter all our stats after every game?

5. Emmdotfrisk

Correct. You would have to enter the following

1. Box Score
    2. AB, H, R, RBI, 2B, 3B, HR, BB, K, GIDP, SAC, SB, CS, E for every position player on ur team
    3. IP, H, R, ER, K, BB, W, L, S for every pitcher

League Daddy will calculate everything else from the stats u input

6. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Good question Cole.

7. NDCOLTS1979

Yeah it may take a little more times but from the looks of things the options arent going to get any better. They blew the pooch and wont get everything fixed as far as bus go. I am willing to take the extra time to actually be able to enjoy the league because the way it sits now noone will be having any fun

8. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

I think the main problem is going to be finding enough people that are dedicated to this.

9. Emmdotfrisk

Well the alternative to this is no league haha. So the guys who would want to do it we can work from there.

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

so were going from just the basic to this to either no league?
    Yea, I want some features but I also want people to participate, so if that means not using all the goods and just using the video game's league then so be it.

11. Emmdotfrisk

Well the issue is that the online league does not work. It had been said it may never be fixed 100%. So if it does not get fixed this may be our only option for a league.

12. KnightNoles

thats ass cheeks on a white tee.....

well you all might lose a player as I might go back to 2k........
    [​IMG]

13. NDCOLTS1979

Yeah u play the game on the league and half the time it records other half it acts as if u didnt even play the game.

14. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Dang! That's clever. :mad:

15. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Just wondering if youve played more then one league game that has or hasnt registered? Also today the servers havent been recording any games, leagues or just online play in general.

As for league daddy, if we use it will we be required to have a write up on TF website as well as imputing are stats into league daddy.

league daddy costs money, i thin

16. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

The part about this that chaps my @$$ is I went out and bought a PS3 because I wanted to play in this league and because the show is so much better then 2K. Its unreal that they cant figure out these issues. Like I have said before the game play for this game is near flawless. Its a shame.

17. Emmdotfrisk

All you have to do is put in stats on LD and then post a quick recap on LD, which can be copied and pasted on TF. Also I will pay for the league on league daddy.

18. Emmdotfrisk

2k sucks. It looks and feels like atari compared to the show.

19. Emmdotfrisk

Yeah it sucks. I like league daddy though, but then again I like stats and what not. I know some guys just want to do minimal effort when playing.

20. Emmdotfrisk

Just an idea guys. We are trying to figure out the direction of this league.

21. KnightNoles

PAGE BREAK

TIME OUT

22. KnightNoles

Guys.... Im goin to be blunt
    Don't discuss it until you look at the link and this is an option not final

http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/?lid=2829

This is a page of an individual team
    http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/teams/?lid=2829&tid=131245

It will take 5-10 min of typing and figuring things out, dont give up on this. Please look at the link before saying anything. This thing is detailed and looks awesome, plus it keeps track of everything. We can probably do all the awards also and much more with this. Im with the majority but LOOK at this.

I mean this is TF and we go about doing more than just playing games. Were suppose to give a report on the game. Baseball is more than football and includes more stats, I think so. Maybe we can compromise where we don't have to post on leaguedaddy and on TF but if so just copy and paste it.

I mean most of you all have seen my spring training posts... They dont take me long at all maybe 5-10 mins sometimes not even that because I have the format downpat

23. NDCOLTS1979

I agree. Yeah i have had this multiple times i have joined 2 other leagues and have left both of them as i have play 8 games in the leagues and none have been actually recorded. Yes i tried 2k and there is noway i am going back to my nintendo or atari days. I am willing to do whatever it takes to get this league going. With everyone who posts video or pics to go with their summaries will actually spend more time on that than you would on this just posting stats. I know i spend almost 30-40 minutes setting up to post a summary half the time. So 5-10 minutes is no big deal

24. BAKEdaSNAKE

BAKEdaSNAKE Walk On

Im down....

But i say we should make the winners post it, my reason being is that ill probably lose most of my games hahaha

25. dbackfan98

dbackfan98 Walk On

i agree
    (y)