League Decision, Part Deux

Discussion in 'Rare Air: NBA 2K12 Online Association' started by Shaun Mason, Oct 11, 2011.

?

What League Pace should we use?

1. Fast (Regular season in 25-30 days)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Normal (Regular season in 50ish days)

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Slow (Regular season in 75ish days)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    League Pace

Ok guys, I apolagize for it taking me a week to figure out exactly how the advancement periods work in NBA 2K12.

So, it works like this: Depending on League Pace, the calendar for the Online Association advances at a particular interval. It looks like on "Normal" it is every 8 hours, and on "Slow" it is every 12 hours. I'm not sure what it is on "Fast". Anyway, I restarted the dynasty yesterday to put it on Slow. I thought at the time that it would advance games every 12 hours...I'm not sure why that made sense in my mind, but I was wrong. Long story short, if we play on Slow, it will take us about 75 days to get through one 29 game regular season. On Normal it will take about 50 days, meaning we will get through 5-6 seasons if we are consistent. I'm not sure if "Fast" is every 4 hours, but that would mean 29 games in 25 days...I'm not sure if that is way to fast or what.

===

My preference is to move back to Normal, but I am going to let you guys vote and decide. I got up early this morning and created a Normal speed dynasty just in case, that way we could start play this evening if we voted that way. I forgot to grab the ID if we go back to Normal, but the season won't start until about 3:30 PM EST anyway and I can post the ID by 4:45 PM tonight, unless someone can search and find it for us. If someone wants to search. it is called "Rare Air at TSO", password is takeit2thehoop (or rack, or rim, I've honestly lost track at this point, LOL).

Please vote and leave feedback here.

2. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
  3. T Bird8239

T Bird8239 Walk On

Iam unsure so I will go with whatever everyone thinks....but I do no this game is incredibly weird with zero flexability with its features. From rosters to the association running clock etc...I just cant wrap my head around "why"?

4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

So if it is on "Normal" we will advance through 3 "2K days" per 24 hours?

I know the game lets you play several games at a time, does anyone remember if its 3 or more? I definitely wanna get in as many seasons as possible, just want to make sure every game's not getting simmed. I'm down to play a game or 2 a night, but if we end up having 3, 4 games a night + hooking up with USERs, it may prove difficult.

5. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

There were 3 games available for me to play last time, I don't know if it's like that every time or not.

6. Darlon

Darlon Walk On

From what I understand, you get the choice of three games. If you play one, they add the next game. The only way your game gets simmed is if you don't play it before the day goes by. One season in roughly 50 days sounds manageable.

7. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

THATs what I remember seeing. If you play a game it adds more, so technically you could 'catch up' on the CPU games. Guys will really have to be diligent about getting USER games it but yes, that does sound manageable. And obviously the more seasons the better. I'll vote for 8.

8. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

I'm for whatever. Normal sounds fine.

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    For example, initially in the season there is a block from November 2 to December 1, which is 5-7 games. On Normal, it will go from November 2 to November 5 in 24 hours and continue to do 3 day blocks through December, which means the first 5-7 games will take 10 real life days.

10. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    So, it looks like the majority want to switch back to Normal. Anyone at home that can lookup the Association ID for "Rare Air by TSO"?

11. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I know in the show shuan it has this similar setup of flex, time released scheduling. In effort to have our own advance schedule, I set it to fast so all games would be available to play at their convenience. Of course that brings up the issue of guys falling behind if everyone is allowed all 29 games open to play. I'm not sure if the the slow,normal, or fast advances simulated incomplete games.

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Yea, that's what I am afraid of on fast.

13. Emmdotfrisk

maybe we can ask the zone guys and see what they have found about the advance schedule. That may help

14. Emmdotfrisk

I'm also having a hell of a time with these servers. Last night I couldn't connect to join the league and then this morning midway through the 2nd in a neck and neck game with the Jazz I disconnected

15. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I don't think it is just you.

16. Bondzai

Nah, I was having some issues too.

17. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

So i'm trying to figure something out here guys if you can help me. Does the OA ever sim games on its own? Or when it advances it simply just opens up more calendar days? I know if you bring up the menu and go into "schedule" you actually have 7 games open from the jump. It will just show you 3 on the league "home."

• Like Like x 1
  18. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'm not sure, I neglected to look before I removed myself from the original OA.

19. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

It sims, I think. I had a game simmed randomly when I joined. Pistons beat the heat 97-95 or something silly like that.

20. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

id:46054
    pw:takeit2thehoop
    rare air at tso

21. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Shaun Mason - are the estimates to complete a regular season based on an 82 game schedule or less games per year?

22. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'm not even sure how it works, I know the calendar advances at a set pace, those estimates are how long it will take for the regular season calendar to elapse. Correct me if I am wrong.

23. Dru50

I'm as lost as you are, unfortunately. I've been trying to figure out if the league goes faster with less games or if there isn't any difference other than how many games are available to play.

24. Bondzai

I think it might take the same amount of time but with less actual games to play. It seems like the advances are "calendar days".

25. Dru50

Hmmm - so maybe a 'fast' setting with 56 games could be manageable assuming that everyone is ok with simmed games along the way.

I'm curious how the playoffs work.