League Demotion Alert

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jun 4, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Mormon Demoted in Cathedral

Early this morning, the Mormon, co-commissioner of the NCAA league The Cathedral, was relieved of his duties of co-commissioner in the nerdy video game league. This comes as no big surprise as Mormon was absolutely the least-involved, dumbest, lamest, and worst commissioner in Tradition Sports history.

When contacted, Mormon had some silly responses to be sure. "Hey, my computer got a virus!" Really? You work at a computer anti-virus software company sir. "Hey, I have wives and kids and weekends are busy." Really? Like being a good father or husband is more important than your video game duties. But most impressive was the last excuse offered by Mormon. "Listen... my church is giving me a hard-time because I like to wear my secret underwear to the Cathedral but they say it is only for use in the Temple's bizarre and secretive sexual practices. I have to obey the Temple."

Sigh... a sad day in the Cathedral to be sure. Mr. Mormon: We miss you. But you sucked at being a commissioner.

(Note: There are rumors that Tuna Mullen has been constantly behind the scenes attempting to gain mass support for this ouster, which comes as no surprise seeing the past history of both Mullen's unapologetic craving for more power and the shocking video submitted to Youtube of an illicit affair between Mullen and Mormon's wife No. 4.)

2. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

...boy this game can't come out fast enough

and yes i did bang wife number 4

3. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

What a sad day. We went 0-2 at the ball fields yesterday (#3 doesnt keep score) and then this. I'll have to have #15 and #16 consol me tonight.

4. vatechhokie01

holy shit! the saddest thing about your day is that your son has to be in a league where they stopped keeping score! did you give the post-game "hey, everyone is a winner" talk? our country is going to shit.

5. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

lol, he's 5. Football on the other hand keeps score from the first season (5 years old) they play. I agree with you and all this "participation trophy" generation we are raising is a shame.

6. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

5 year olds are old enough to learn that only winning matters.

7. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

As most of you guys will see as your kids get older, its the parents that care much more about winning than the kids. Every season there are a handful of altercations that get parentes banned for life from coaching. Gotta love youth sports!

8. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

i run multiple youth sports leagues (soccer, bball, football) and it is crazy the number of issues I deal with every season...parents only, never had any issues with kids

9. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

Im on the board of the baseball/softball league and the last one that we had to deal with was a physical altercation between parents on the SAME team. Its crazy how much that parents on the same team want to throw down after or even during the game.

10. vatechhokie01

Weave punched a guy out last month when his 1-yr old twin didn't come in first place in some lame photo contest. You are preaching to the choir! Served that parent right if you asked me!

11. Goose

Goose Walk On

I helped my brother-in-law coach his daughters coach pitch softball team for 3 years. We had a lot of young girls and my only priority (Besides checking out all the hot moms) was teaching the girls the basics of the game. Each year we would lose a couple of games early but once the girls were fielding and throwing to the right base we won most of the rest each year. We would always get into arguments with the parents, all they cared about was winning. The girls just cared if we were getting Dairy Queen after the game. Let them worry about winning when their older. If they don't have the basics they'll never win and they'll never want to play the game. Just my 2 cents.