League Description/Rules: SIGN UPON JOINING!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

League Description/Rules: SIGN UPON JOINING!!

This League is where users use the lower rated teams of each BCS conference. Teams banned are 5 and 6 stars, ranked teams (at the beginning of the season), and A- rated or higher.

Based on the roster I use (romancaesar), here is the list of teams available for use:

ACC: Boston College, Duke, Maryland, NC State, Virginia, Clemson

Big 10: Illinois , Indiana, Michigan St , Minnesota, Northwestern, Purdue, Wisconsin

Big 12: Baylor, Colorado, Iowa St, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Texas Tech

Big East: UConn, Louisville, Rutgers, Syracuse, USF, Pittsburgh

Pac 10: Arizona, Arizona St, Oregon St, Stanford, UCLA, Washington, Washington St

Sec: Arkansas, Auburn, Kentucky, Mississippi St, Ole Miss, Vandy

We will have 2 user teams from each conference. If your conference has divisions (such as SEC, Big 12, ACC), each player must choose a separate side. Non conference games will be user games if everyone would like.

I plan to advance every 3 days or whenever all the games are complete.

No Restarts allowed at all. TF has been cracking down on that. I know it seems unfair, but if one person starts over, everyone else will want to.

Column 1 Column 2
    Difficulty Qtr Length
    Heisman 6 min

Sliders

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Offense Human CPU
    QB Acc 35 30
    Pass Block 50 40
    WR Catch 50 35
    RB Ability 40 55
    Run Block 45 40
    Defense Human CPU
    Pass Cov. 40 55
    Pass Rush 45 45
    INT 20 20
    Rush D 45 45
    Tackling 35 40
    Spec Teams Human CPU
    FG Power 50 40
    FG Acc 50 35
    P Power 40 50
    P Acc 45 55
    KO Power 50 55

If at any reason user vs user games get disconnected you must contact me so that I am aware. Quitting because your are losing is not acceptable.

I expect User vs User game to be scheduled and played in a timely manner. I will send XBL messages and post in the forum of when the next advance shall occur.

Game Summaries should be posted with every game. Please do not post something short and meaningless. Be active and write an interesting summary.

Rules/Regulations

1) Roster changes should not be made before any kickoff. The only time you should make a change during the game is if you are struggling or are leading comfortably (in this case your backups). Otherwise make your changes when not playing a game.

2) At all times on offense you must be controlling the player, never let the CPU run the play.

3) Always let the defense set up when you call an audible, it's only fair.

OFFENSE:

1) NO CHEESING!! I will not tolerate cheesing.

2) 4th down conversions should only be made when you are down by 21+ (It's fairly easy to come back if you're down by 14). If you are in the redzone and it is like 4th and 1 or 2 it is allowed but you cannot be leading. It has to be tied or you have to be losing. NO 4th down conversions should be made in the first quarter. Be realistic and go for them in the appropriate situations. I will be closely be watching this. I also expect any violation of this to be noted to me.

3) PA Pass on 3rd and 10 is BS, don't do it.

4) QB Scrambling should be a minimum, runningbacks are the ones designed for running. At no time should I see a QB with more rushing yards than your HB. So no dancing sideline to sideline, stay in the pocket unless you cannot help it.

5) Never run the score up on user or CPU. Common TF limit is 60, so try to not go over that.

6) Hurry up offense should only be called at the end of the 2nd or 4th quarters (no more than 2 min remaining) by the losing team; never the winning. If you call Hurry up in this time frame, allow defense to reset. A BS Offsides call is just a cheap way to gain yards.

7) Keep the screen passes realistic also, there's been problems with that in other Dynasties I've been in. This is sim ball not cheese ball.

DEFENCE

1) If you shift a player, you must stay on that player once the ball has been snapped, no switching off.

2) Blitz realistically.

3) **NO Run/Pass Commit.**

4) **NO Aggressive Playcalling.**

Special Teams

1) Faking a FG or Punt follows along the rules of converting on 4th down.

2) Only the losing team maybe onside kick the ball in the 4th quarter only. Again, losing team 4th quarter.

Recruiting Restrictions:

You may only recruit as many as you have leaving. All Recruiting Assistance must be turned off.

So the equation is:

A+(70-B)= Number of recruits/scholarships

A= Number of Seniors

B= Total Amount of Players on Roster

So if I have 16 (A) seniors leaving and a 68 (B) man roster. 16 + (70-68) Then I can recruit up to 18 people and offer 18 scholarships. If you have a Junior that leaves early for the Pro's you will only be able to persuade him to stay if his rating is below 94 and has not won a major award. Otherwise, you gotta let him leave.

And now for the restrictions:

I will allow 2 5 Stars, 7 4 Stars, and however many 3 and below. Just keep in it your recruiting number.

As of the 2010 Season. The following applies:

If you win your Conference I will allow an additional 4 star the next season.
    If you win the National Champ I will allow an additional 5 star.
    Best Recruiting Class earns 4 star.
    Win a bowl game, extra 4 star.

Ok. That should be about it. If anyone has any questions or suggestions feel free to post in here. Sign when read.

2. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

okie dokie

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

confirmed. lol.

4. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

I'll be in.

5. b milley

b milley Walk On

Looks great to me. Lets get this thing rolling.

6. ThaBoyJuJu

ThaBoyJuJu Guest

agreed agreed

7. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Sounds good, sign me up

*I generally run the option, so as far as the QB getting more yards than a back, my stats are going to be skewed. Is that okay?

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

if that's what you run it is ok. Just don't cheese with it and run an option over and over.

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

6 down, 6 to go...let's get this show on the road

10. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

I'm a huge GA tech fan, and they pretty much run the option every play, unless it's a 3rd and 20 or something. I will more than likely run it as they do. If it's a problem I can try to switch things up.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

well GA is an option team and GA tech is banned in this league...so try and switch things up a bit..makes gameplay more fun

12. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'd like to get in, if you have room.

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

7 down, 5 to go

14. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Hey Masler, not sure if it really matters, can we switch up playbooks, or is that forbidden?

15. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    He should be able to run the G-tech offense if that is what he wants to do. Although it may take a few years to get there because not every team is going to have that type of personnel.

Unless you are going to make people stick to a team's native playbook, which isn't a lot of fun.

16. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Also, be sure you are giving preference to the guys who were signed up in the original league thread in the New Member's Lounge. If those guys don't show, start filling them from a waiting list.

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

take watever playbook u want

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

alright...is there a list for the original, just so i dont have to keep switchin back and forth...im assuming dakota isnt from there?

19. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

sweet, thanks for the answers guys, can't wait to give it a shot.

20. dakota7

I had expressed interest in the very beginning of that thread, I was just waiting to see how it was gonna shape up

21. dakota7

But if there are 12 other guys who aren't in leagues already, I can be on the waiting list too. No worries.

22. Masler

Masler Moderator

ah ok my bad dakota...i need a list of who was originally signed up? does any one have that or is it in the thread?

23. Masler

Masler Moderator

Drifter, should we have a deadline for signing up before we take others? like a time?

24. Masler

Masler Moderator

well if you were part of the orignial people who signed up then you are on the current roster

25. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I have some interest in joining but I have some questions.

I assume scrambling QBs is referring to running on passing plays. Some team have running
    QBs. Why should you not be able to use designed qb runs or options for half of your rushing plays.
    http://espn.go.com/ncf/teams/stats?teamId=264&year=2009
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/teams/stats?teamId=59&year=2008
    http://espn.go.com/ncf/teams/stats?teamId=264&year=2007

What settings are you planning on using? AA? sliders?

What is aggressive defense. Does that mean no blitzing, no bumping, or no defensive gameplan adjustments?

Additionally are you using the news rosters from romancaesar or the ones where jake locker is a total bum(what is his speed and overall rating, latest roster should be around 92 ov and 87 speed)