League Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Papa Perry, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

League Discussion Thread

This is basically just a thread for you guys to talk about different things in the dynasty.

2. Papa Perry

A few things,

1. I have posted the sliders and other settings in the rules/discription thread. I suggest that all of you maybe start an offline dynasty and practice with these some to get a feel for them. They are not changed much from default but they do play different.

2. I will be updating the rules more and posting in here when they are. A couple of things I want to make perfectly clear that I haven't posted yet is that we all know outside runs are easy to break this season. I don't care for you running outside but I do care if your padding stats. Each team has atleast 3 running backs so you should be able to police yourself and rotate your backs to split up the carries. The first time I see a player have 44 carries and the back-up has just 5 or none, you will be penalized (That's just an example). But guys like I said just police yourself and lets all have fun and play SIM ball.

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Where do we stand on the gameplan features?
    Are we outlawing run/pass commit?

4. Papa Perry

No all of that stuff is allowed. It's not over effective like last year and I honestly don't wanna police it.

5. Kingspring

Kingspring Walk On

I was wondering if anyone had a ton of dropped balls? I had multiple wide open drops, with proven hands like Broyles and Miller

6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Were they catches in traffic? I know that can cause drops.

But it's not like it hurt your offense, didn't you beat a ranked Utah team by 40?

Perry, to be honest, the early scores don't bode well for a competitive CPU. User teams crushed a ranked Utah squad and demolished Boise St (with the 3rd or 4th highest rated roster in the game) on the road.

7. Papa Perry

On 17 Pass Attempts I had 0 drops.

And according to your stats you only had 3 drops

8. Papa Perry

Yea there's going to be changes. We may even go Heisman default or we could even be the first OD to experiment with Jerzey's 0 Threshold sliders...

9. Kingspring

Kingspring Walk On

those drop stats are garbage they dont account for the contested drops at all, and no they were wide open blow coverage... those three were wide open. Its not big deal, and yes these sliders are showing a little too easy thus far in the score boards, although my game was close until a t/o. then like every set of sliders on every level the cpu rolls over. Stats seemed realistic though

10. Dru50

I would prefer default heisman over the zero speed and slow gameplay sliders.

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I think we need to move user run defense to 5. :)

12. Kingspring

Kingspring Walk On

I think the speed threshold has to be dealt with call me when Jeff Demps is chased down by dt on the edge, its just not realistic what so ever

13. Papa Perry

I don't care if he is run down on the edge by an obese woman in a wheel chair, if we move speed threshold without the proper slider adjustments, any front 7 you play against will be living in your backfield. The example you posted Kingspring is the exact reason I don't wanna change it because slows down people running to the outside.

14. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I say we dont change anything until atleast week 4 or 5. Then make a few tweeks and run with them for a couple more weeks and so on.

15. Kingspring

Kingspring Walk On

there are plenty of slider sets that allow the fast players to be fastest on the fields and allow for realistic blocking or lack there of....

I am just saying running between the tackles is fine, Murray does this... but someone like Florida with demps is at a disadvantage, demps does not run between the tackles often in heir games. I just want the most realistic game, and speed shows on every inch of the football field.

16. Jags218

Jags218 Walk On

I'd be down with Heisman. I would just like to get to the point so that good cpu teams will play tough like they should. I was really hoping for a good close game against Boise and was disappointed when it turned out the way it did.

17. cubillas

cubillas Walk On

For what's it's worth, coming from a die-hard Gator fan and alumnus, Demps actually runs between the tackles more often than not. The dive play is Florida's bread-n-butter. On many of his big runs, he simply pops outside once he gets in the defensive backfield. It's actaully been a bit infuriating when it's third and short and we send a small guy like Demps up the middle - Moody or Tebow were almost always a better option for getting that extra yard.

In terms of gameplay, we definitely need to find a way to beef up the CPU's offense. If you look at the numbers so far, aside from Rice scoring a few, it's been a bloodbath for the CPU in terms of scoring. Fortunately for the CPU, I'm nearly as inept on offense, so it evens out.

18. Kingspring

Kingspring Walk On

You are correct I shouldnt have said in between the tackles the plays do in fact start as that but he almost always bounces it outside, and gets to the edge, thats my issue with any speed threshhold... demps cant get to the edge. What I was trying to say is demps is not lining up banging up with line backers, he break tackles but it is when he is blowing past them and weak arm tackles.

As an ohio state senior and die hard buckeye... I have seen pryor get caught going to the edge maybe three times... I just dont want things that dont happen in real college football to translate to this.

19. cubillas

cubillas Walk On

I totally hear what you're saying...and you're right about both Demps and Pryor. I've watched a good bit of Buckeye games, and I can't imagine Pryor getting run down by a dlineman.

I also understand the concern about not wanting the edge to be more beneficial to offenses than it already is in this game. If you look at UFs first two games in the dynasty, Demps has put up ridiculous All-World numbers. Two 98 yards kick returns in the last game - he's probably had more than five plays over 70 yards in the first two games. He's amazing, but I don't recall him ever having a stretch like that in real life.

Right now, we need something to slow down user offenses a little, and make user defense a little more challenging. All of which is hard for me to say considering how lucky I was to squeek past Northwesten 14-0 (only one offensive TD.)

I'm going to get pounded in this league :eek:

20. Dru50

Guys, I'm sure Perry would agree with me on this (if he doesn't he'll just delete the post) - you have a bench, use it in blowouts. There really is no need to have your starters padding stats in the 4th quarter of games when you are leading by 28+ points.

21. Dru50

Regarding the speed threshold, guys like Pryor and Demps can get outside far too easily as it is. They don't need any help. I personally prefer the speed threshold at 50, since that is how the game designers intended it. You lower it too much, and players that don't have top end speed but great agility and acceleration (Tre Newton at Texas and Onterrio McCalleb at Auburn come to mind) in the game become absolutely worthless. If you lower the speed threshold the game turns into NCAA 2009, speed is king and nothing else matters.

22. gibby_36er

gibby_36er Walk On

So, i'm hoping everyone else is downloading the new patch and live tuner. i'm sure everyone will do the patch, but are we wanting to do the tuner? thanks Papa

23. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I'm 99% sure that you have to download both in order to play any online games, dynasty included.

24. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

Signatures

Any1 have any photoshop abilities? I know premier get some slick looking sigs, but that doesnt mean we cant make our own.

25. Dru50

Sorry, but site rules only allow signature pics for the premier leagues. Other nonpremier ODs created their own sigs right after launch and were required to remove them.