League Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Papa Perry, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

League Discussion

Alright guys, discuss how you guys think we should handle a few things.

Are you guys ok with tags, or something else?

2. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Walk On

Tags are fine with me. Are we going to use the same ones as TFML ?

3. Papa Perry

Yea but I was thinking about going by years pro instead of age

4. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Walk On

Yeah I like the years pro better

5. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i think yrs pro will delete the confusion that the age causes as age is usually different on the console and the website...

6. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Walk On

YUP ^^^^

7. trutest

trutest Walk On

TAG - yrs pro sounds good enough to try

8. hurdrs123

hurdrs123 Walk On

I'd like to see the amount of TAGs allowed changed to allow more. Only being able to guarantee keeping 5 players over a 3 year span is not enough.

Also I don't have an actual idea yet, but I'd like to see us come up with something that would make this league different from TMFL and SMFL.

9. Papa Perry

Well i wouldn't be against something different but last time we tried that it was hard to get new guys in because they where skeptical of the salary system.

10. Papa Perry

On the something different side of things... just wondering but what would you guys think of a fantasy draft?

11. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    I think a fantasy draft would be a great idea. Def falls under the something new category.

12. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Walk On

Im down for a fantasy draft if we can pick one player from our current team : )

13. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    If we do fantasy draft gimme the Chargers

14. hurdrs123

hurdrs123 Walk On

Yeah, that would definitely change things up and give this league a separate identity from the other 2, and I'd be all for it.

I think that would also help me with the problems I have with the number of TAGS. Even if it’s a team I don't care for, I like to keep the core of the team together. I'd have no real care for keeping Ray Lewis on the Pats compared to keeping him on the Ravens, but I would still like to see at least 1 more TAG player added to the 5 so in theory you could TAG 2 people every year.

15. trutest

trutest Walk On

If we do Fantasy I'd like the Seahawks

16. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

Count me in if you get 24 owners, I'll take whatever team in HRs division

17. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    LOL you don't want this!

18. Papa Perry

Dang I was thinking of swapping to the Broncos or Raiders but F that

19. trutest

trutest Walk On

actually I change my mind, I'll take the Broncos if we do a fantasy draft

20. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Raiders were scooped up by dejavu

21. trutest

trutest Walk On

ya i'll take the Broncos instead

22. xx Dook xx

xx Dook xx Guest

As someone coming from the outside looking in ... do you think the tags will seriously screw up the value of players in a fantasy draft?

Would you rather pick a 26 year old guy @ 85 OVR or a 25 year old @ 80? Once you have the 2 guys you want to tag ... you need to be taking the 80 guy every time unless you think you'll get better non-26-year-old trade value out of the 85.

Also, I've been in a few fantasy drafts and the guys with under 2 years experience already have their value skyrocketed. This is going to make their value even higher ...

23. Lambshank34

Lambshank34 Walk On

sorry i've been absent. but here and trying to recruit a few more good players. think dodgecharger is in and has someone else. i have a guy who i play 2k10 with will be active. may know one or two others who would be active.

but yeah, draft sounds fun. gonna be tough though and you know people will miss the date and whine bout their teams.

fa tags, either way, fine for me too.

24. Papa Perry

Yea tags do need to be discussed because I figure some people will load there roster with guys not eligible for free agency for the first offseason. I've been eyeballing the OMFL league for ideas of possibly using there less complicated salary system. Or maybe each offseason we do a draft lottery and you get a set amount of tags

25. sfranger6969

sfranger6969 Guest

i like the tag idea. i think it would be different to go by years pro maybe like every 3rd yr that player is up for free agency so yrs 3,6,9,12 they would be a fa unless u tag them.

the salary system i think would cause alot of stress on the staff and owners to keep up with it and if this lg has had trouble starting maybe we should try to keep it as simple as possible.

the only problem with tagging is that some people may try to get players not eligible for fa. but another option is that u could have players reach free agency once they reach a certain progression. maybe something like everytime a player hits a ovrl rating over 5 he's eligible for fa. for example everytime a player's ovr rating increases to over a 55,60,65,70,75,80,85,90,95 he's eligible for free agency. this is probally the only way u can use the tagging system and it wont allow people to draft to protect themselves from having free agents. of course if u have somebody that keeps increasing its very possible he could be a fa back to back seasons and thats not realistic either but something like this may work. those are just my quick thoughts on the lg but no matter what u do people are gonna try to avoid fa.

so i think u should go with either the age( on the xbox) or yrs pro tagging system. but thought i would throw out a new option for you if u want to try to improve it a little bit maybe it could work. the good thing about the ovr progression is nobody can really draft to avoid fa's the bad things are that depending on what numbers u use some players may be fa's back to back years, and it may be difficult to get the full use out of your tags if your players stop progressing and you used tags on them.