League Format

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by runthepound, Jun 15, 2010.

1. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

League Format

Now that we have a forum set up and the roster is mostly filled out, we need to discuss the format for the dynasty to run on. This is our first act of duty. We have a couple of options G-Unit and myself were thinking about.

1. Go with smaller school(mid-majors). This would most likely involve teams from the Mountain West, Western Athletic, and Conference USA. 4 Coaches per conference.

2. Go with BCS schools. This would most likely involve teams from the Pac 10, Big 10, and Big East. 4 Coaches per conference.

So what are your guy's thoughts?

2. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

In my opinion, since this is a league to gauge not only a player's skill, but their forum activity, game activity, and sportsmanship, I think we should go with option 1. That way we can see how a user would react to not only a loss to another user -- which is usually easier to deal with -- but potentially a loss to the CPU, which can really annoy some people. This might be the best way to see the sportsmanship of people in the league.

Smaller schools would also basically force users to be more involved in their team management in-game. They would have to pay more attention to recruiting players to match the scheme run by their school, and have to try to pry prospects away from the BCS powerhouses.

Just my .02...and it might be because I really want to play as UCF :p

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I agree, I like the small school aspect and the difficulty that will come with it.

Lets post guys....we got 10 other opinions

4. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

Im okay with with the mid / small schools

haha - that's all I've done on TF, so I should be used to it. And yeah, I've lost to the computer plenty of times.

I have played in EVO and X3B, both would be good models for how it can work.

I am in Evo again this year, but I will have to stick to only two dynasties because I dont want to over commit.

5. wreck'em

wreck'em Walk On

I think I would prefer option 1 as well. I think it would add that much more difficulty to the dynasty. It's fun to fight with other users for the prospects that the CPU ignores a fair amount. We really would have to fight to improve the talent level. And like other have said, it would test our sportsmanship.

6. BRUNOMG2010

BRUNOMG2010 Walk On

I like option 1 as well and feel like this would give us indication of who is truly dedicated to league and who is not. I personally would much rather play user games than CPU games and work on getting better at recruiting against other users as well.

7. Iron Mickey

Still havent heard from these guys......

SolarHeart, SwangKang169, BOBJROB521, Gabeastmode, RazorFang

8. RazorFang

RazorFang Walk On

To tell you the truth, I can go either way. Seems like the majority (at this point) is for option one, so I'll put my vote in for option one as well.

9. MSU124

MSU124 Walk On

OR
    The 4 worst teams in the BCS conferences. Would make it even harder (And i could use Miss St)

10. runthepound

Alright...We still have a few guys on the roster that have not responded to this thread yet. Failure to respond here shows your lack of dedication to the league. Just b/c the new game is not out yet does not mean that there work to be done here. Give your input and we can move on.

11. RazorFang

RazorFang Walk On

Yup...the quicker we get the format figured out, the quicker we get to choose teams (I assume).

12. runthepound

Thats a big 10-4

13. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

Layin down the LAW

Fang - Bears Rule.

14. RazorFang

RazorFang Walk On

Yes!

15. MSU124

MSU124 Walk On

I said either one, but I want to change it to lower half BCS schools. We HAVE to recruit against top schools and also play them every week. No more then 3 teams from a BCS conference and has to be one of the worst teams.
    SEC for instances, Miss St, Ole Miss, Kentucky or Vandy.

16. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Funny how that works out for you. ;)

This league will be fun to keep up with. RTP will treat you guys good just show the dedication and drive required. Hopefully we'll see some of you guys up in Cream of the Crop next season.

17. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

I'm with you on this one Funk i will be keeping a eye on this as much as i view the CoC board. Just to get a fill of how they dedicate themselfs and coaching styles in case they come to CoC next season. wreck'em has a lil leg up for now. now RTP be the Drill Sgt i that you can be!!!

18. Iron Mickey

Yep, the members of Training Day are already being scouted by some of my best members in Cream of the Crop. You guys help us stay on top of them.

And your right GSU, wreck'em has really shown alot in his short time. He's well on his well, especially for a young kid.

19. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Don't forget that Saturday Heroes and GBN will also be keeping a close eye on these forums as well..

20. Redspyda863

Redspyda863 Walk On

im cool with small schools. its no fun maintaining a big name school even if they are a bottom feeder

21. Iron Mickey

You better. We are going to grow'em like weeds over here...lol.

22. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Wow you definitely like a variety of teams lol

23. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

I like this, both Dynasties I was in last year were non-bcs, and I am in two more like that again this year.

24. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

Sounds like we have a majority on the concept of using lower rated teams - should we put it to a poll on whether it is BCS or NON-BCS?

25. wreck'em

wreck'em Walk On

I think I would prefer non BCS teams. Even lower tier BCS schools have 2-4 stars, so we would be able to sign 4 and 5 star players right off the bat. With non-BCS, almost all of the teams are >3 stars, making recruiting that much harder. It also seems like from looking at the teambuilder rosters that there is a big talent difference between teams like Mississippi State and teams like Colorado State. But that is just my 2 cents