League Improvments

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by lilmaggie, Sep 20, 2010.

1. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

League Improvments

Do we have any suggestions on how we can make this a better league? Not that it is a bad one, but just looking for ways to make it better. I, as you all probably know am not the greatest when it comes to adding content. So, I ask for your help. 2 or 3 members to step up and add some content to the boards.This can be weekly Game of the Week, Point Spreads, Polls etc. Anything would be appreciated. Reechem is helping watch things for me so if any of you guys could think of some other stuff it would be helpful. Also, we are going to pick up the pace a little. I will give a more definite date for the advance and we will go with it.

2. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

We could definetely do a power rankings segment, or another idea is a podcast, I am not sure if how well it would work. I have been trying to get the commish from the glory days league to work with me on doing it there. My basic outline would be two of us every week or every other week discussing that week's games, recruiting, bringing on a league member to talk abou their team, some trash talking, and other BS. I think it is very viable idea if done right, otherwise it is just dumb.

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Podcast would be cool but I know nothing about that stuff. Im a bit older than most of you. I have an ipod but thats about it.

I'll keep updating my recruiting board and I was going to start posting a LoC Power Rankings Thread come week 5 or 6, then keep it updated every week or 2.

Really any content helps. I was just going over this in my league too. Take a look around other leagues and see what they do and what works for them. Chances are it will probably work here too.

4. gowazzucougs

Well in my first attempt, I used my cell phone, I came in really clear, but the person on the other end did not. It was suggested in the league to use Skype which I didn't think of. I have the software and the equipment to do one. I stole the podcast idea from another league, however their podcast was not very good. I listened to it for a few minutes of it, and it sounded dumb. Maybe the guys in that league liked it, or maybe that have gotten better, I just know it could have been done better.

Another idea, I don't necessarily want to steal from my other league, but it is cool, is a College Game Day/Game Day Final write up. The presentation is very cool, the game day feature discusses all user v. user games that week, and the writer provides a prediction to the games. And then there is a game day final where we review those user v. user games, and give out helmet stickers, do power rankings.

5. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

I think all of this is great. However, I would have to follow instead of lead on any technical stuff. It's all I can do to get a header in the center of the page. Keep coming with the ideas. I like them.

6. gowazzucougs

I will do the podcast starting in after a few more games are played, I need some time to gather info about the teams in the league. So if anyone wants to be cohost just PM, or just post here

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'd be interested in something like that...a podcast. That sounds cool

8. gowazzucougs

Okay, I figure we will try do something maybe this sunday or next sunday, it just depends how quickly I get a feel for this league

9. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Put a thread up asking for info from each coach for their team and you can get some quick info that way. Good idea for the podcast. What is the frequency you're looking at doing one?

10. gowazzucougs

I would like to try every week, or every other week

11. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Cool, cool. So in my other league with Rec we are doing a user game of the week feature. Maybe as part of the podcast you could flag a game as the game of the week. You could get notes from each coach before the game and use it in the cast. In the other league we are doing more of a write up, espn style article for this, but you could do it as part of the podcast to make it different and spice it up. Idk, just an idea