League Information

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Michael Woodward, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Welcome guys. Below, I will explain how this is going to work. This will be lengthy so I apologize but please read all of this so you understand what you're doing and how this will work.

First off, the transfer window now opens. It will be open until 11:59pm est on Saturday, March 16th. This gives you a week and a half to make moves. The first fixtures will drop this Friday, March 8th. This gives you a chance to evaluate your team before the window shuts.

How do you make bids? If you guys made a gmail with the same user name as your TSO account as I suggested, then just send your transfer bids to TSOTransferCenter@gmail.com. Please put the players name, position, team, and your bid. In other words, it should look like this:

Matt Besler - CB - Sporting KC - $5 million

Your bid will be evaluated by a small panel we have to act as checks and balances and then you will receive a response. You cannot make more than 5 bids for the same player in a transfer window. In other words, you can not just keep increasing your offer as small of increments as possible until it is accepted. If you are interested in submitting a bid for a player that is on one of the user teams, you simply send them a message here and negotiate. If you come to an agreement, send the agreed info to the email address above. All accepted bids require confirmations. If your bid is accepted, you will be asked to confirm that you really want the player. If you say yes, you will receive the player and your transfer money will be deducted. Once this is done, you cannot go back so be sure before you accept.

Bids must be submitted in $100K+ increments. In other words, you can submit a bid of $29 mil or $40.1 mil but DO NOT make a bid of $413.84. I don't want to have tax filing flashbacks from calculating your transfer budgets with numbers like that.

Each bid that is made will result in a random number generator spin. The spin will be between 1-15. If the random number generated is 13 on your bid, it is your unlucky day. This will simulate the player in which you are bidding on's agent releasing a public statement informing the world that you have made a bid for his client in a bid to raise interest in his client in hopes of a better contract. You can find these alerts in the recent enquiries section of transfer center spreadsheet. Be sure to check this often during the transfer window to prevent one of your top targets from getting sniped before you can offer. In the event that you and someone else are bidding for a player and the other person has a bid accepted, you will be offered the same fee to accept or reject before the player will officially join a team. In the event that two teams have bids accepted for the same player, the first tiebreaker will be if the player will start. This is determined by the rating of the best player at that player's same position. If the player you are signing has a rating of 78 and the player that normally starts for your team in his position has a rating of 76 and the person you are fighting for the player has a starter with the rating of 79, the player chooses you for the playing time. In the event that both of you have a player with a better or worse rating, your names will be put in a random name generator and which ever name comes out is the one who gets the player. REMEMBER, FOR THIS TO WORK, WE ARE USING CREATION CENTRE RATINGS! THEY ARE DIFFERENT IN MOST CASES FROM THE ONLINE UPDATED ROSTERS! MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THIS BEFORE BIDDING FOR A PLAYER! If you bid for a player not on the game, I will make them using various resources to rate them. In the transfer center spreadsheet, the ratings given for the people not on the game and free agents are estimates. The players may not end up being that rating. In most cases, they will be very close. This simulates a potential flop signing. I don't estimate anyone will sign someone way off of those ratings though.

Each person can receive a maximum of 4 loan players per season and/or 5 transfers total (including loan moves) per transfer window. This is to prevent you from completely changing your team overnight. You are allowed to bid for no more than 3 players per day. We do not want to receive 100 different offers every day. Pick your targets wisely.

The transfer budgets were calculated by looking at recent transfer expenditures and tendencies. The smaller teams received an extra $10 million. The reason behind this is the huge teams such as Premier League and Serie A teams receive huge amounts of money from television rights. Since we are all in the same league now, the smaller teams would receive the same television revenue as the huge teams, thus the bonus. After the first transfer window, your transfer budget will mostly be decided by you.

There will be many ways to earn transfer money to use toward the next transfer window. The first way is through finishing as high as possible as is real life. Here is the prize money based on finish:

1st place: $35 mil + $12 mil for Champions League revenue=47 mil
    2nd place: $30 mil + $12 mil for Champions League revenue=42 mil
    3rd place $25 mil + $6 mil for Europa League revenue=31 mil
    4th place $20 mil + $6 mil for Europa League revenue=26 mil
    5th place $17 mil
    6th place $15 mil
    7th place $13 mil
    8th place $12 mil
    9th place $11 mil
    10th place $10 mil

Teams with generous billionaire owners will receive bonuses (as with real life)

Chelsea receives a 20% bonus on their transfer money earned. In other words, if they finish with $100 mil in revenue, they will get a $20 mil bonus for a total of $120 mil.
    Tottenham, Liverpool, and Juventus will receive a 15% bonus.
    Shakhtar will receive 10% bonus
    Arsenal, Borussia Dortmund, Chicago Fire and Aberdeen will receive a 0% bonus

If a team plays above expectations for more than one season, the club could receive a takeover bid which will in turn give them a bonus. In other words, if Chicago and Aberdeen make a continental competition, they could receive a takeover bid. If Arsenal or Borussia Dortmund win the league twice in a row, they could receive a takeover bid.

Each team will be required to post a certain amount of information when reporting results. For every time this result meets the required standard, you will receive $500K in transfer funds. If you include a video(s) in your results, you will receive an additional $500K. This means you could get $1 mil per match just for doing what you are supposed to do anyway.

For each clean sheet, you will receive $500K.

At the end of each weekly deadline, if you have played both your games by this deadline, you will receive a bonus of $500K. If you have outstanding games, you will be deduced $1 mil per game unless it is shown that it is your opponent's fault in which case you will not gain or lose but they will.

If you keep up with your club page for the whole year, you will be awarded $5 mil.
    At the end of the season, I will ask a guest judge (someone not in the league and thus not partial or biased) to come look at results and the club pages. The guest will vote on who they think made the best content. The person that the guest votes for will receive a massive transfer kitty bonus of $20 mil.

The coach of the player who has the most assists at the end of the year will receive $5 mil. The person who owns a player who earns the golden boot will receive $5 mil. If it is deemed you used poor sportsmanship to get the golden boot, you will be fined $5 mil and the $5 mil grand prize will go to the 2nd place goalscorer. The player who has the most clean sheets will get $5 mil. The player who has the highest average rating (player of the year) will receive $8 mil.

Players on your team will retire when they age. After a player reaches 33, he will receive a random roll between 1-15. If he receives a 5, 10, or 15, he will retire at the end of the season. If he does not, he will continue to play for another season.

You must play your quality players. If you hoard talent and do not play it, they will become unsettled and you will be forced to transfer list them and their sell will be process by the transfer center. You will not be allowed to negotiate. This will be discussed further in the scheduling thread at a later time.

I believe I have covered most things. I may post updates below if I remember something that I haven't put. It is very late and I am very tired so that is a strong possibility. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Otherwise, welcome to season 1 and start the transfers. You will find your budgets in the transfer center spreadsheet. Explore the pages that have been posted for this league. Good luck everyone.

ConiglioSG
    niuhuskie224
    Jon MK
    Blaza
    electrickeeper
    eheskey11
    XAttackConquerX
    Michael Woodward
    GovernedSpy

Last edited: May 12, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

Looks awesome! Gonna read it tonight, going to sleep now :) Great job!

3. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

good job man alot of areas covered and potential to make money :)

huge potential here for a premier league in the future

4. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

Dam Michael Woodward, You've outdone yourself with this set up. Superb stuff.

Any sort of 'fair play' reward in there? $5 mil for the least amount of cards and/or fouls maybe? Or soemthing for fair play anyway. Bit hard to judge fouls with the AI being how it is.

5. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Thank you sir, it's nice to be recognized for hard work........

I will consider that. I was trying to think of different things we can award that won't cause people to be a bunch of unsporting dicks and that might be one of them. Good idea.

6. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

A couple things I forgot to mention. As I said, you are only allowed to offer for 3 players per day. However, you can make multiple offers for each of those 3 players in a day until you reach your maximum in the window of 5 assuming you are rejected repeatedly.

Players who are on loan in real life will return to their parent clubs next season. The lowest rated player that you didn't purchase will drop off your team if your team is too full for them. All players on loan are not allowed to be transferred until they return to their parent club. In other words, after season 1, Thibault Courtois, Romelu Lukaku, Michael Essien and a few others will return to Chelsea, Andre Santos, Maroane Chamakh and a few others will return to Arsenal and so on. You can not bid for, say Michael Essien, until next season when he returns to Chelsea.

There have already been two bids accepted today. All deals accepted today will be pending for 24 hours to give you guys a chance to read everything and look around and possibly bid for the same players. However, after tomorrow, when a deal is done, it is done. I have only had 2 guys make offers so far. I would suggest all of you get your 3 bids in for the day because if you want one of the two players that have had deals accepted for them, you will miss out before you even know it.

7. electrickeeper

electrickeeper Be Massive, My Friend

What exactly is the roster limit set by the Creation Center? That's some good info to keep in mind when building a team.

8. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I think its 25

9. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

I know it's early days, but how will players progress over the seasons? e.g, how will attributes be increased.

I just got a young talent who's a bit of a diamond in the rough at the mo. But he's in my plans and ought to reach a high level of what the club expect from him.

10. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

They won't. We can't change attributes unless we re-create everyone ourselves which would take days upon days. If you're talking about Kovacic as the young talent, you have him for one season because it's a season loan so I don't think you'd see his progression anyway.

11. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

K cool.

Dam, I guess this is one aspect where connected careers would benefit.

12. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Haha connected careers would be better in all aspects. All I'd have to do is play my games and advance and monitor douchebaggery, that's it. Significantly less of my time would be spent

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

My kits are wrong.

14. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

How wrong? I got them as close as it would let me unless there was a huge fuck up that messed everything up

15. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

Oh they're close, I thought we were using the actual kits, you're not allowed to?

16. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

You can either do licensed team in which I can't change anything, not even the players on the team (which is the main problem) or you can make your own team as close to the real one as possible in which you CAN change the players and formations and whatever else on the team (which is why I had to do that)

• Like Like x 1
  17. NexusVI Roy

NexusVI Roy Walk On

Do players get injured during the season? If a player sees a red card, or gets 2/3/whatever yellow cards, is he suspended for te next games?

18. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Injuries will be decided by a random roll 1-10. 1-3 means no time missed, 4-6 means 1 week injured, 7-9 means 2 weeks injured, 10 means 3 weeks injured.

A straight red is a two match ban. 2 yellows for a red is a one match ban. 5 yellows equal a one match ban.

• Like Like x 1
  19. NexusVI Roy

NexusVI Roy Walk On

Thanks bud ;)

20. bmwalla2

bmwalla2 Walk On

Michael Woodward

you may want to go ahead and get your outside source to check the club pages and game results and vote for most active member for the transfer bonus. I know it took me a couple days to go through even half of the results for stats

21. NexusVI Roy

NexusVI Roy Walk On

Does that random roll applies for the standard Tradition Futbol injury rule? :

I'm asking this because there are players (Injury prone trait) that usually get the band-aid/plaster next to his name in the match report, what makes it a bit unrealistic (imo) since they have high chances of losing half the season.

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  22. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Most of the rolls result in no injury or one week so it won't be terrible but injuries happen. No one got decimated by injuries and I'm sure everyone has injury prone players. I think I had 3 players go down total for any amount of time.......Think of real life. For example Arsenal. Last year, Diaby, Rosicky, Wilshere out for the whole year, Vermaelen out for extended periods, various other players missed time.....It happens more severely in real life than in the league, I can assure you.

23. bmwalla2

bmwalla2 Walk On

24. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Whenever the league positions are finalized.....

25. NexusVI Roy

NexusVI Roy Walk On

Allright, tho I believe injuries should be totally random, I agree with the rule.