League Invites are Out!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by TRudethaDude, Sep 10, 2011.

1. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

What's up everyone? Who is regularly (ideally daily) looking at our boards here in "the League"? A simple I do or any other comment in response to this post will be suffice.

I'm here and I'm ready to play some football!!!! Also I will do content at end of the year..... I'll be doing Coach of the Year for AFC, NFC, and The League Coach of the Year as well.

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

Fellas,

Please check in on the Roll Call thread first, then you can log in to The Madden Online Franchise, select Join League, then search for for TSO The League . . . you should see it.

The password is cheesefree

Log in and take your team. DO NOT play your games or make any FA signings or trades just yet. Those will be rolled out soon.

The second part is you need to log in and sign up for the My League Manager site. This is the site that will have all of our Front Office stuff, plus a cool NFL.com style gameday section. It's very cool and going to take a lot of work off our shoulders.

Go do my league manager at this link:

http://myleaguemanager.net/apps/acceptInvite.cfm?lid=LG937_&uid=3568&lname=TSO The League

The password is also cheesefree

-------------------

Post here when you have both of those things completed. You have until Sunday night to do this or your team will be open.

-----------------

Big D - New Orleans Saints
    KnightNoles - Steelers
    bamagrad - Dolphins
    BigSmooth33 - Lions
    VishaL - Eagles
    TRudethaDude - Titans
    HAL9100 - Jags
    mikedredd - Raiders
    calirage - Ravens
    Yoshi - Rams
    Hospital_heff - Seahawks
    SteamboatReb - Chargers
    Goose - Browns
    cp0990 - Cowboys
    KnuckleheadBoi - 49ers
    coachgaddy - Patriots
    Abomb - Redskins
    KRBasball7 - Bears
    Charles Messick - Cardinals
    Pro - Jets
    biggcoug65 - Falcons
    Jon Jon Anderson - Vikings
    Jeff Ruark - Texans
    @Superpilky - Packers
    @kckilla - Chiefs

3. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

I have the game and am ready to go

4. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    I'm ready and excited to go.

I'm going to keep that NFL pick 'em thing going and I'll do something oriented with The League but I haven't determined what yet.

5. Pro

Pro Walk On

I have the game and am ready to go. I'd like to do some kind of weekly blog. The idea is just starting to materialize. I'll get back to you as to the final design.

6. Goose

Goose Walk On

I've got the game and am ready to go.

7. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

i'm ready to go. i'll come up w/ a league content idea soon enough

8. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

Good to go

9. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    I've signed up for both.

One thing I'd like to add though, make sure you register before accepting the league manager invite. I didn't at first(thought it would have me create an account after accepting) and then realized that I would need it to get back into the league management area at a later date.

• Like Like x 1
  10. KRBasball7

KRBasball7 Walk On

Ready to go. I'll try to come up with something.

11. KRBasball7

KRBasball7 Walk On

Completed both.

12. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Ready to go. First timer here so have never done any league content. I will come up with something and would be willing to hear suggestions and/or collaborate with somebody else.

13. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

both done

14. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Have the Game, and I will be taking care of the Podcasts for the League.

• Like Like x 1
  15. cp0990

cp0990 Walk On

I'm here and ready to roll

16. Superpilky

Superpilky Walk On

Here. Signed up for everything. Ready whenever.

17. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Done both

18. Superpilky

Superpilky Walk On

Both done

19. KcKilla

KcKilla Walk On

Done and done

20. KcKilla

KcKilla Walk On

I am ready to go and have a few ideas rolling around for content

21. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

Big D

hey guys, sorry but I think I'm gonna have to drop out of The League for now. Doesn't look like my upcoming schedule is going to give me much time for the number of leagues I'm in, so I'd like to let someone else take over the Broncs before I start changing them around. I love madden tho, so I may rejoin later on when I'm more available and I'll keep an eye on the league

22. Jeff Ruark

Jeff Ruark Walk On

I'm ready to go. Let's do this!

23. Jeff Ruark

Jeff Ruark Walk On

done both

24. Big D

Big D Walk On

25. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

I am all over the board day and night. I generally harass Big D via AIM early evening and after that spend some time trying to get somebody to take V JAX off my hands. Last night (12 am to 3:30 am MST) I went on a FA tear. So did Vishal and Pilky99. We even started threads for the same 65 OVR Cornerback. You want to be in the league that has two guys scouring for talent at 2:00 AM. Serious shit dude. Pilky and I already tried to play a preseason game this morning, but we fell victim to a bad connection. We will play this afternoon.

I am constantly lurking and reading every post, looking for an advantage. I am already looking for the gray areas in the rules, a la Bill Belichick. This is just my second league to participate in - - I got kicked out of the first one for violating the 'content" requirements. It was all my fault. My Labor Day buzz started on Friday and ran well into Tuesday. Mainly, I think I really didn't give a shit about the other league from the word go. A southern boy coaching Penn State. The headaches of recruiting. Glad-handing alumni and speaking in every one horse town in western PA. Living in Joe Pa's shadow. Not for me.

I like the pro game. F$#@ recruting, give me the draft. F$#% the option and the spread, give me DEs that are fast enough to make you pitch and then tackle the back. F&%$ contract goals and school prestige. Give me Free Agency, endorsement deals and stadium naming rights. F&%$ #3 from Alabam and F$#@ having to buy some damn program to name the players. I will take Plaxico, V JAX, Megatron, MJD & P Willie.

Sorry TRudethaDude, I think I went just a little past "a simple I do." I have no plans to provide "content' for The Leauge, but my role here will inevitably result in content. I plan to be the conscience, the gatekeeper, and the soul of The League. Think Peter King, Rick Reilly, Bob Costas and Hank Williams, Jr. all rolled into one.
    I will keep a wet finger in the air to find the prevailing wind and my ear to the ground for the rumblings that foretell chaos and glory. I will write a weekly column and try to find the context for our League in the world around us, or maybe I will search for the context of the world in our league. Paradoxes will be drawn. Conclusions will be made. Speculation will run amuck. No punches will be pulled. No subject is off limits. You will laugh, cry, love and hate. And, at some point, I will correctly make use of the literary device that is onomatopoeia.

Pay attention gentleman, I am always lurking - - and I am always looking for the next story. Until next Tuesday, I bid thee adieu!!

• Like Like x 1