League Manager Update

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by CWT 3000, Sep 17, 2011.

1. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

I found this update over at League Manager's blog:

Updated Realistic NFL-Style Contracts via Rich "TheOzmiester" Bayes

Sep 16
    posted by Derek in Updates | 11 Comments
    [​IMG]

All right guys, we all owe a big thanks to Rich "TheOzmiester" Bayes, who is the Tech Guru and co-commish of www.theogml.com, for pouring over the 1400 players in Madden 12 Online franchise's updated rosters and correcting all of the salaries to ensure each team is realistically represented in leagueManager. The details of his update are as follows:
    1. Updated Year Length of Contracts
    2. Updated Realistic Year by Year Breakdown for Players based on Real Contract Data
    3. Every Team Under the 120mil 2011 NFL Salary Cap
    4. Limitations means we can not implement dead weight teams owe from previous years so contract data is slightly different then it is in real life, but is as close to realistic as we can get over 1200 of the salaries are 100% Accurate to real life, with 200ish using guestimation work and resources as they were undisclosed.

These Salaries are valid up to the 14th of Sept. Any transaction after that date are no included in the update.

In order to apply this updated salary information for those of you on the most recent updated roster, head over to the admin console and click the "Assign NFL-Style Contracts" to update all players and teams in your league. Note that any updates you made on your own will be wiped out if you choose to take advantage of Rich's work.

To check out Rich and his Madden community, head over to www.theogml.com. They are obviously a very dedicated league and they run PS3 Leagues and Tournaments for Madden 12. They have a Salary Cap League and a Fantasy League at the moment and have plans to continue to grow.

Looks like Keller's efforts may have been wasted. All salaries amounts and lengthe were updated already! i hope he's not beating himself up over this.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I am actually - a lot of wasted time on my part and particularly huskies.

We are moving to an NFL contract system because of that update - both salary amounts and years left on the contract are accurate so its too difficult to pass up that opportunity.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

I commend your efforts and agree with your idea of using the NFL salary caps. It was a good idea on their part, and we benefit greatly by this!