League News Please Read

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Maynard, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Maynard

Maynard Banned

League News Please Read

I will be setting things up and sending invites this weekend. I am looking at saturday afternoon at the latest.

This will allow kutis to do his preseason activities before he goes on vacation. Riley should have the game by monday, but i can talk to him on XBL and do his red shirting for him

We will be using the OS Community Rosters. You can DL these directly from my GT - Maynard46

or one of these
    THE MASSACRE771
    CcAaRrSsOoNn3
    GEAUXLDEN
    nsuplaya84

I used GEAUXLDEN file.....they are all the same so it should not matter.
    Some things guys will want to do ahead of time is check your team and make sure you feel like things are ok.

I am going to be making a few position changes for UM. But before i do that I need him to look at this roster and see if the OS guys made these changes already.

I am having a hard time finding sliders. But I am going to use these and we will tweak them as we go. these are Trinity's from OS. the ps3 guys have had the patch alot longer and have had way more time to mess around. So we will trust their judgment for now.

btw, i played a game with these last night in another OD. USC at OSU and i won 26-20, but had one hell of a great game

Try them out and let me know what you think
    here is his thread so you can read his thinking behind his sliders
    Trinity Slider Thread

Trinity
    AI Sliders
    Offense Hum CPU Quick note[/U][/B]
    QB Accuracy 40 35
    Pass Block 50 0
    WR Catching 45 45
    RB Ability 50 55
    Run Blocking 50 55
    Defense Hum CPU[/U][/B]
    Pass Coverage 95 60
    Pass Rush 100 45
    Interceptions 5 0
    Rush Defense 35 35
    Tackling 50 55
    Special Teams Hum CPU[/U][/B]
    FG Power 40 40
    FG Accuracy 40 45
    P Power 40 40
    P Accuracy 55 55
    Kickoff Power 55 55

2. Maynard

Maynard Banned

also, make sure you guys post your playbooks in the playbook thread. Please have that posted before your first game

thanks!

3. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

Slider results:

I've tested these in two games so far. Here are the results.

Clemson (me) 44 Maryland 10

Passing:
    Clemson - 19-25 265 3td 0int
    Maryland - 17-27 249 1td 1int

Rushing:
    Clemson - 33-150 2td (4.5 ypc) Long-28
    Maryland - 15-43 0td (2.8 ypc) Long-27

Defensive:
    Clemson - 5 sacks
    Maryland - 0 sacks

Other notes:
    Clemson barely made a 54 yd FG, (K has KPW 94) 3/3 overall
    Maryland 1/1 on FGs

Clemson (me) 34 Rutgers 14

Passing:
    Clemson - 21-34 228 2td 0int
    Rutgers - 29-49 219 2td 2int

Rushing:
    Clemson - 25-139 2td (5.6 ypc) Long-21
    Rutgers - 12-29 0td (2.4 ypc) Long-8

Defensive:
    Clemson - 3 sacks
    Rutgers - 2 sacks

Other notes:
    Rutgers 0/1 on FGs (Attempt was 50+)

4. Maynard

Maynard Banned

aside from u beating their ass, the cpu had no real run game and no sacks in the first game. i tested this in just 1 game, but that was osu vs usc. I am thinking the powerhouse teams will be more of a challenge and the weaker teams will get rolled.

any thoughts on changes?

there are some things about these sliders that dont look good to me. the FG power for one, KO power also, but OSU kicker is good, so idk if a weaker leg would benefit from this...but i think it should be lower

i think the defensive stuff is ok...maybe a bump to pass coverage and lower human rush dee

offense i think human accuracy is too high, same with catching on both sides. i also think cpu RB ability should be higher. I dont want to raise run blocking because of the KO issue. so maybe i can lower Hum Run Dee and raise RB ability

5. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

Maybe up CPU run block ability. I've heard if you increase run block that kickoff returns are impossible to stop. I felt like there were holes at times and the cpu just ran back into my defense.

I'm not sure there was any problem with the cpu pass rush though. They got pressure on me most of the time, I was just getting the ball off. In the second game Rutgers got 2 sacks on me and hit me as I threw 3-4 times.

6. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

In a minute I'm gonna run a couple more tests. Let me know if you want me to change cpu run ability or anything else and we can compare to the first 2 games.

7. Maynard

Maynard Banned

try with these changes in bold. Look at the CPU run game and Pass rush on both sides. Also all area of special teams

see how the passing accuracy and pass dee effects things if at all

Offense Hum/CPU
    QB Accuracy 35/35
    Pass Block 50 /0
    WR Catching 35/35
    RB Ability 50 /75
    Run Blocking 50 55

Defense Hum CPU
    Pass Coverage 75/75
    Pass Rush 100 /45
    Interceptions 25/25
    Rush Defense 35 35
    Tackling 35/ 55

Special Teams Hum CPU
    FG Power 25/25
    FG Accuracy 35/40
    P Power 40 40
    P Accuracy 55 55
    Kickoff Power 40/45

8. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

KO returns just aren't right under those new settings... I've kicked 6 times now. They've returned 2 for TDs and 3 others past the 50.

9. Maynard

Maynard Banned

wow....the only changes there are to Hum tackling and RB Ability

is the lowered KO Power causing that with shorter kicks?

10. Maynard

Maynard Banned

wow....the only changes there are to Hum tackling and RB Ability

is the lowered KO Power causing that with shorter kicks?

11. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

I think it's a combination of everything. My players are pancaked everywhere (which makes no sense... unless the kickoff distance timing throws off the blocks) and return man is basically superman. Kickoffs all b/w 5 and 15 (my K now has 88 KPW).

12. Maynard

Maynard Banned

slider inconsistancy....u gotta love it. I wonder if we turn the RB ability back down a tad to help with Kick Returns, and then also lower Hum Rush Dee to make the CPU run game better. Of course your getting pancaked which is more about the run blocking then anything else. Also move up Hum Tackle.

seems like the KO distance is solid

how is the CPU on offense?

13. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

Ridiculous, QB is 10/11 for 132 1td, 1int.
    RB has 5 carries for 132 yards and 2 td. 2 50+ yard runs.

RB ability is creating a huge speed difference i think. It carries over to the WRs too.

Maybe human rush d is causing more pancakes by the cpu?

14. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

Final Stats from 3rd test game:

LSU 44 Alabama 37

Passing:
    LSU - 30-44 359 3td 0int
    Alabama - 15-22 172 1td 2int

Rushing:
    LSU - 35-151 2td (4.3 ypc) Long-21; 2 BTK
    Alabama - 9-159 2td (17.6 ypc) Long-73; 6 BTK

Defensive:
    LSU - 1 sacks
    Alabama - 0 sacks

Other notes:
    Alabama missed an extra point; 9 KO returns for 377 (41.7 yd/ return) 2 TD

I had over 3 times as many plays due to field position and their huge plays. This probably was the most unrealistic game I've played yet on NCAA 10, although the feel on offense wasn't bad. You have to work to run the ball and there is usually only one open receiver per play (sometimes none and rarely more than 2.) and they are never a sure bet. Once a RB broke my defensive line (sometimes by completely running over a DT) they just outran the secondary). I think if we leave user pass accuracy at 35 that we may have int fests in user-user games. Passes were either off right on the mark or 5 yards off (right to a defender). Luckily Bama' dropped like 3 ints on bad accuracy passes.

15. Maynard

Maynard Banned

looks like we need a balance between the first set posted and the 2nd set posted.

you beat the cpu pretty bad on the first set, and on the 2nd set had closer scores, but unrealistic stats.

we just gotta find something in between

16. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

You have to consider that Clemson has higher ratings than Maryland and Rutgers too. Alabama and LSU were more even.

I think KPW is too low on kickoffs. We shoudn't be seeing a ton of ball kicked in the end zone (we should see some), but you shouldn't have to kick it perfectly straight to get it inside the 10.

17. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

Give these a try when you have a chance. I played around changing sliders throughout a couple games and this seems to be a pretty good fit. I don't really have stats since I changed every couple possessions, but this had a good feel.

Column 1
    AI Sliders
    Offense Hum CPU Quick note
    QB Accuracy 40 40
    Pass Block 50 0
    WR Catching 40 40
    RB Ability 50 65
    Run Blocking 50 50
    Defense Hum CPU
    Pass Coverage 90 75
    Pass Rush 100 50
    Interceptions 5 0
    Rush Defense 35 35
    Tackling 55 55
    Special Teams Hum CPU
    FG Power 35 35
    FG Accuracy 35 40
    P Power 40 40
    P Accuracy 55 55
    Kickoff Power 50 50

18. Maynard

Maynard Banned

those look great. Pretty much where i was thinking we should be. Driving home from work i was thinking about the point you made about playing maryland, so i totally agree.

hopefully everyone can give these a try and see what they think. I wont be back until around 11 so i will try it then.

Im gonna be sending FR to all the members. It would be cool if everyone added each other to the FL.

invite are still planned for tomorrow afternoon

oh....are u using the penalty sliders at all? Basically everything is set to 100 except holding, clipping and facemask i set to 60. With those 3 at 75 i saw 20 total penalties in 1 half.

At 55 i saw 2 in a full game....with the others at 100 i rarely see them called

19. riley420

riley420 Guest

I should definitely have the game by Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Best Buy is pretty good about shipping.

Please have some patience with me for a few days...I promise I'll be ready to go.

Maynard, if you need to do my redshirting, feel free. But if you redshirt Tebow, I'll stab you in the face.

20. Maynard

Maynard Banned

wouldnt that suck....i figured we could chat on XBL and i can read to you the different players and what not so i can have you select the guys you want to red shirt...we can do it this weekend and it should only take a few minutes.

then guys can do their preseason stuff and we can advance to week 1. We cant advance to week 2 until thursday so kutis can play his game when he gets back. this will give you some time to get to know the game