League News Week 2 Everyone Read

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Maynard, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Maynard

Maynard Banned

League News Week 2 Everyone Read

Recruiting Violation:
    LB Fitted will be penalized for illegal recruiting practices if this isnt cleaned up before we advance to week 3. This is a warning. If it is not cleaned up by week 3, 1 5* recruit will be removed from his board for year 2

http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3609

The Violations here are for Week 1. LB Fitted did not start week 2 recruiting, so this must be cleaned up before we advance to week 3.

The Violation: Offering 5 Scholarships to 5* Recruits.
    You may have 35 recruits on your board, but at NO TIME is anyone allowed to offfer more scholarships then they have available as shown on the recruiting board in the recruiting board thread http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3609
    Every team is allowed 2 5* players, so this is an easy rule to follow.

If you dont understand the rules, please ask questions. kutis had the CPU sim his week 1 recruiting, so he cant help if the CPU didnt follow our rules.
    Everyone else is doing things correctly - Thanks!

2. Maynard

Maynard Banned

Next thing - This is a sim league. Using the Defensive Hot Keys on defense is allowed, but not all game. Using it all game is not realistic and is cheese. If this is being abused action will be taken.

Next thing - Everyone reviewed the rules and signed them. The rules clearly state that you can not snap the ball and hit the RT to sprint your QB. If anyone is doing this EVER, action will be taken.

Next thing - how did you guys like the new slider settings this week?

3. ThaEra25

ThaEra25 Oregon=Longhorn Country

10-4 captian

4. Trixster

Trixster Guest

Sounds good to me.

5. cfinch3

cfinch3 Guest

I have big problems guys, I have been constantly getting disconnected from games recently. I dont know what the problem is, my internet service came to my house and checked my internet but of course they say nothing is wrong. I am really excited about this league so I would hate to have to get booted for this. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this?

6. VolPett

VolPett Walk On

I had a very competitive game with UCLA, came down to the last drive and was a blast to play.

As far as defensive hot keys... are you talking about "A button" adjustments?

7. Maynard

Maynard Banned

no....after reading that i wanted to make it more clear anyways.

The defensive Commit Keys are the LT and up, down, left, right.

LT and down, left, right will make your defense sell out to the left, right or middle. You can clearly tell when somone is using this because the entire DEE will shift together to one side or middle at the same time. They all "sell out" for a possible play on offense.

LT and up is a pass commit.

It is not realistic to see a defense do this all game. It is very easy to beat, but is not sim style at all. It can be used, but the situation must call for it.

8. GoBlue10

GoBlue10 Guest

Next thing - Everyone reviewed the rules and signed them. The rules clearly state that you can not snap the ball and hit the RT to sprint your QB. If anyone is doing this EVER, action will be taken.

What about running plays w/ the QB?

In the first 2 weeks of the season my QB's combined for 17 carries 63 yards and 1 td.

I have specific run plays that my QB is used in, options or QB runs. Also, if the defense drops 9 in coverage am I allowed to take the free 5 yd scamper up the middle?

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

NIce job Maynard!!!!!!!!!

10. Maynard

Maynard Banned

running plays are fine. You run all your run plays however you need to.

I am talking about pass plays where the ball is snapped, and the user immediately hits the RT to sprint backwards then right or left and then throws the ball.

there are no rules against scrambling or taking off on a run with the QB. you should also use the sprint button if u need to. Dont mis-understand....sprint is fine with the QB, and so is running with the QB on a pass plays. My point here is regard sprinting back right when the ball is snapped. People do this to drop back 10-15 yards and avoid the rush.

11. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

What do you think about the recruit advisor option still working (thread in locker room)?

The only thing that really stood out to me was that you can patially fill your recruiting board in order to get more benefit from it. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I've seen the X2 and the random unlocked pitches (I mostly noticed this in week 1), but I didn't know the reasoning behind it.

12. Maynard

Maynard Banned

i saw that. What i am curious about is if the recruiting pitches are random. meaning if a guy take the OD offline to cheat, will he get those same results when he goes back online....i havent checked but i will tonight.

their is really know way to police this. That why a league that uses recruiting rules is in a better situation then leagues who dont. If you dont have a 5 * cap, then this could be a big problem because a guy could cheat to get 15 Five * players or something.

With us, its a 2 Cap on 5 *....so its not like a huge benefit to cheat

plus looking at everyones boards, guys are doing everything right with this one exception

13. riley420

riley420 Guest

I have a question regarding the QB run plays. There are a few PA pass plays that I roll out to the left/right, not sprinting, before making the decision to pass or run. This is pretty much how the Gators play, so IMO it would be OK.

I'm not cheesing by fading back and sprinting sideline to sideline, I'm just doing what is a part of the playbook.

Example: PA QB Choice. Tebow can hand off to Demps, look to pass, or run to the left off tackle. The original QB Choice has him sprinting off tackle with no pass option. It's more of a rollout with the choice to pass or run.

I just want a little clarification on this...I don't want to be accused of cheesing.

14. Maynard

Maynard Banned

those are fine too. They are designed roll outs/waggles/pa action passes. Some show that red line indicating the roll out, some dont. But your playbook is designed to do this alot, so run your offense. I have no worries about your game :p

again, the issue here is a standard drop back pass play out of any formation.
    Snap ball - RT to sprint backwards - QB back is to the LOS while doing this -
    QB drops back like this to avoid the rush. This was made infamous with madden with vick on the cover and the playmaker feature....it was cheese then and its cheese now.

15. riley420

riley420 Guest

Very good.

Thanks, sweetums.

16. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

wow, i thought i didnt give out that many scholarships? i really get confused with this stuff? the max u can offer is 15?

17. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

and i also thought for some reason it was i jus couldnt sign more than the max. but ok, i think i got it now? so i shouldnt actually offer until when? (never had rules like this so not sure exactly the best way to recruit otherwise)

18. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

ok so after looking at what i did, what ur saying is i cant offer scholarships to more than 1 or 2 5 star recruits? i thought i could offer however many as long as i dont sign them. like if i get 2 to sign then i just remove the rest from my list. is there a way to take my scholarships back?

19. Maynard

Maynard Banned

i think you are understanding it now.

First you need to look at the recruiting thread which shows everyones board with the total players they can sign.
    http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3609

here is yours
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8
    GamerTag Team # Players # of Scholarships # 5* Recruits # 4* Recruits # 1-3* Recruits Underclassmen 4*
    LB Fitted USC 69 17 2 9 6 TBD in OffSeason

you can offer 2 five's, 9 four's, and 6 three's or lower.
    If you offer 5 scholarships to 5 star recruits, and they all sign during the same week...or even if just 3 sign then your in violation and get a penalty. If all 5 were to sign, you cant remove 3 of them after they commited which means you would have broken the rule 3 times and get booted....lol....not exactly something we want to do....see what i mean?

the game doesnt allow us to customize the recruiting rules. So we have to do it ourselves by saying you only have 2 five star scholarships to offer, 9 four star scholarships to offer and 6 three star (or lower) to offer

the whole point to all the recruiting rules is because it is too easy to recruit in the game so we have to set limits to keep the game realistic.

hopefully this makes sense. if your unsure, please let me know

20. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

i kinda get it now. but how do i take scholarship offers away? or am i not able to?

21. Maynard

Maynard Banned

you probably cant do it now because you called all your players this week.

Do it next week when you make your calls. You can pull offers when you make your calls.

No penalty for this since you didnt understand it. but make sure you ask questions if you need to

22. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

iight, got you, my fault