League News

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Shaun Mason, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    League News

Hi guys,

I am opening some things up for discussion here.

1. wildcatter78 has left the league. He wanted to play as OU and only had time for one dynasty.

2. Pryor2 and Mallard Muscle have not logged on the the dynasty or posted on this site in a week. As far as I know, they are not on vacation or anything.

What do you guys think I should do about #2? I have been pretty agressive about trying to get active members in the league. Do you guys think I should be trying to recruit their spots or what? Keep in mind these are two of the most inactive members of the dynasty.

Shaun

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I'm assuming this is for the West. For item #2, that is a tough one. I would say let them explain when they come back. If that isn't by the end of the weekend, I would give them the axe. Maybe something bad happened. In the meantime I would start recruiting people, but tell them that it is contingent upon their returning. I dunno Shaun, tough spot.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I say you drop the big leg on 'em Hulk Hogan style, brother!

Seriously, not logging in is the same as quitting. It's like telling a girl you don't want to see her anymore by simply not calling her. Just listen to Pryor and Mallard - they're speaking pretty loud.

Anyway, that's how I see it.

AG

4. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Have you checked there Gamertags to see when the last time they were on XBOX LIVE or check there name on the forums to see when they logged in last?

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I was under the impression these were two very active guys from last season and the time leading up to this season. I have no idea what's going on and know that there are more important things in life than video games but it's unlikely that either of them hasn't been able to get online once in the past week and drop a quick note about what's happening. A week without any posts on TF is one thing, but to not log in and recruit or play your games for 2 weeks in the season is another.

Do you have any other ways of trying to contact them to find out what's up? i.e. email/text message.

Just checked their accounts and their last activity on TF was 8/16 and 8/17 for pryor and mallard respectively.

6. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

BOOT THEM!!! I just left a dynasty because I didnt have time for so many. I tried to do it with a class act. I made sure they were aware before the next Advance. If they have not attempted to contact you, get some new active members in here!

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Neither of these guys was really around last season. They were added when most of use dropped out after playing for 10 months.

Shaun

8. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

If they dont answer the call this weekend, boot them

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'm with you buddy.

10. Mallard Muscle

Mallard Muscle Blue Chip Prospect

I'm back guys. Sorry for slacking.

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Back from where?

This is at least the second time we have been through this.

12. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Shaun got the pm and returned it.

Thanks.

13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Alright guys,

The result of the post is this:

1. Pryor 2 (o Pills o) has been removed as Nebraska.
    2. Mallard Muscle (ThePheonixSun) has remained in the league, but is on thin ice.
    3. Bruce80 has been asking for Oklahoma since before the league started, so since #1 occurred I allowed him to move to the Big 12. This does put him in slightly better position as far as this years record goes, but I figure the loss in recruiting balances that.
    4. Since I allowed Bruce to move, I also allowed Sweetness to move from Washington to Cal. He is taking over a team that is 3-3. Due to the in-season move in conference, I am not going to make GoGators play Sweetness again. The week that Arizona State plays Cal, Cal will be CPU controlled. I do not feel it is fair to give someone another shot at a team due to a switch.
    5. We have a new member in Sixthdis108, who will be playing as Iowa.
    6. Wildcat has left the league due to time commitments.

So, we have 1 spot left. If anyone knows anyone solid, let me know.

Also, I am not going to allow team moves during the season anymore. The only reason I did here was I know Bruce is a Sooner Homer, and it would be a dick move to allow him to move and not allow Sweetness.

Shaun

14. GoGators

THANKS FOR SIMMING MY GAME SHAUN!!!! I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF PLAYING IT WHEN YOU ADVANCED. SO MUCH FOR THE HARD ADVANCES AT 11PM ET!!!!! GUESS I JUST WASTED 2 HOURS OF MY DAY. AWESOME! JUST FOR EVIDENCE, MY WRITE UP IS POSTED AT 10PM ET. YET THE STATS IN THE DYNASTY WON'T REFLECT ANY OF THAT.

15. GoGators

Oh yeah, it's awesome that people get to switch teams too. The Bruce one is fine but the Sweetness one is a bit much. (No offense to Sweetness) But I just beat the guy last week, now I gotta play him again. Awesome. So he knows my offensive gameplan this year and my team and he gets to play me with a whole new squad and gameplan. Really fair.

16. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Like I told you in PM. I screwed up advancing early tonight. I moved a bunch of people around in the dynasty and there were unplayed games due to the moves (Bruce, Sweetness) and also there was a user game that didn't get scheduled. I looked through the games and didn't see a reason NOT to sim it so I could go to bed earlier (not that that will happen now). I obviously didn't see that your game was unplayed. I wouldn't have simmed it otherwise.

Shaun

17. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Nice to have another Big 12 team

18. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Just for everyone's notice...Mallard has had no activity in this league since he posted the above post.

If he doesn't play his game before I roll the league over tonight, we have a Pac-10 spot open if anyone knows a good replacement.

Shaun

19. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Have you left again?

20. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Looks like he got his game in...hopefully there is a summary at least.