League News

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by PK55, Mar 5, 2009.

1. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

League News

;) ALL things League News Worthy Go Here...

2. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

The New Week has begun gentlemen...We turned last night!

3. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

Restart

Just wanted to let you guys know that I restarted. It was right after the kickoff return by me. I noticed that I had forgotten to load my playbook...I use Balanced Run and I was so excited to play I just simply forgot.

My apologies and if I need to take a hit for that I will. It's not like I had an emergency or a network problem. It was a preference. Obviously we frown on restarts because they are near impossible to police, but I will man up and take a penalty that you all agree on.

Peace,

PK55

4. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Damn you! Forfeit the game!

... I have no idea. I want to just say don't worry about it, but I guess we don't want to open the door to people who might take advantage.

Maybe a 3-hour recruiting time loss next week, like ko got for accidentaly simming over the score limit? That might be a good, low-enough penalty to put in for future restarts.

5. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

Is everyone ok with that? If so I will make sure I leave 3 hours on the books next week...that will actually hurt a little because I have some guys making decisions...lol...

6. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

If we decide that 3 hours is fair, it'll mean that it will become a default penalty for restarts in the future.

If we decide not to penalize the occasional restart, then you shouldn't suffer either.

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I am not in this league, but there are some times when the playbook you have set doesn't load like it should, or you forget to load the right defensive playbook. I think that if it is a playbook issue there should be no problem. At this point in the game, hopefully no one feels the need to abuse the restarting thing. PK's character pretty much speaks for itself.

8. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I'd rather say no penalty in this case. I don't want people thinking that they can buy a restart with 3 recruiting hours. I'd rather go on a case by case basis. PK doesn't have restarts, he came on and explained, nothing seems fishy here, I'd be fine letting it go.

I worry about restarts when we start seeing the same guys have them often, or when you can see that a guy is trailing the cpu on your friend list and then the game gets restarted, etc.

9. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I would vote for no penalty. It happens between wrong playbooks and internet issues. No biggie!

10. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I am with the no penalty guys.

Who here hasn't had a disconnect, or something?

11. SUPERMAN2972

SUPERMAN2972 Guest

I vote no penalty.

12. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

Welcome our new member!

Recchem2000 has come to us reccomended by Razcalking. He is a solid player and active in his other league.

The other cool thing is that his favorite team is UCLA...so now I finally have someone else with me in the PAC-10!!!

Very cool...

GREAT TO HAVE YOU HERE RECCHEM!

Peace,
    PK55

13. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Welcome!

14. PK, since it's my first season here in OFFL II, if you need me in another division to balance things out just let me know. I am game if it helps. N.D. is my favorite team and since they are taken by another ND fan I am game if you want more balance.

15. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

thanks bro, do you have any preferences?

16. Not knowing what you need, not by my xbox either to see if any of these are taken.

Big 12 - Texas or CU
    Pac 10 - Oregon
    SEC - Alabama, Auburn, Georgia
    ACC - VT or FSU
    MWC - Utah

off the top of my head, if you need someone in a specific conference let me know and I can narrow my choices.

17. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

If you wanted to go to the big 12 that's fine you'd be going solo...if you wanted to go with oregon you'd have me and recchem...cal and ucla...

18. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

Vt would be interesting to because of super with florid st and shaun as north carolina.

19. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

Auburn would be good with dat at alabama

20. Any "personal preference" as to where you would want another human user?

21. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

no i just want you to have a team you really like...any team you're leaning to?

22. Yes, ND, boot Raz, he hates puppies. Haha. Just joking.

Well, I live in CO so I am a big 12 guy. Colorado to be exact. Rebuilding them would be interesting. Texas would be competitive quicker. We get more games West so I understand the big games out east but not like some of you.

So I would lean more towards a Big 12 team just because we see all of those games. Texas to compete now and Colorado to rebuild. If you would still prefer me in a user conference then VT or Oregon would be fine.

23. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

im gonna leave this up to you bro...

24. i am going to log in and play with a couple teams. I have it narrowed to 2.

25. I gotta go with my big 12 roots and texas. I will just make sure that my user games are scheduled with you all out of conference.