League One News - Preseason

Discussion in 'TFL: League 1 Red' started by Krebstar425, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

[​IMG]

Hello again and welcome to the best place for League One news, rumors and things that are even less likely to be true than rumors. Once we come across some of those, you'll certainly be informed. Although, that in itself could be a complete rumor.

We're now officially in the preseason as League One has completed it's inaugural season. Rivalries were born, respect was spread and a lot of football was played. What is that? Yes, football. The name of the sport we all enjoy. If there is any confusion as to what sport is being referenced here, please feel free to ask.

In a league where there are ten clubs, seeing half of them replaced is definitely news. However, three are by owners/managers who participated last season, so we're seing some new faces but also more familiar ones.

Five New Clubs For Second Season
    While seeing three new sides due to relegation wouldn't be out of the ordinary, seeing five new sides step into the league and not down from the Premier League is news indeed. At the start of season two, we'll be seeing just that. Those sides that are set to join are Valencia CF, Villarreal CF, Liverpool FC, Olympique Lyonnais and Istanbul Buyuksehir Belediyesi SK.

Liverpool are not strangers to the TFL, but they're under new ownership and management, which as brought them down to League One. As for the others, we're seeing two Spanish sides introduced, a French side in Lyon taking the place of Bordeaux, the lone French side in all of TFL last year and lastly a Turkish side, Istanbul Buyuksehir Belediyesi SK. This reporter will be refereeing to them as Istanbul, so he can prolong the life of his keyboard.

Climbing The Ladder
    Three sides have now left the league and their destination is the Premier League. Those sides are League One Champions Everton, as well as Zenit St. Petersburg and Wolfsburg. I'd like to wish all three sides the best of luck and I shall be seeing them again shortly as I report on the Premier League once it kicks off again.

Start of Season Three Speculation
    While nothing can be confirmed, I can say that through a source, season three is set to kick off on Friday, April 29th. Less than two weeks away, so all participating clubs are encouraged to begin practices and also play friendlies. Those can be scheduled HERE with clubs of League One or the Premier League.

Early Predictions
    This wouldn't be complete unless a prediction was made for the start of the new season, so we'll start with a small one. There are several clubs to watch for once the season kicks off, but the two that I feel will be challenging for the title are Benefica and Hamburg. Both sides not only had successful seasons previous to season two, but Benefica even was a whisker away from promotion. Both of these sides are also very familiar with others in the league which will give them quite the advantage above those who are just stepping in.

That is all for today, keep checking back here for more news as all preseason news will most likely be posted in this thread.

@Timpegoose
    @KillerNuts
    @KnightNoles
    @elprez98
    @hedache
    @Bryan Colmenares
    @GovernedSpy
    @steven.foster
    @Krebstar425

• Like Like x 3
  2. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Great start to the content Kreb. Loving it!

3. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Good stuff Kreb, I like the promotion picks :p

4. hedache

hedache Walk On

You can call it IBB or Istanbul BB. Just Istanbul doesn't make much sense.

5. Krebstar425

I had a feeling that would be the case. Istanbul BB it is.

6. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Fulham felt we let tons of games slip through our grasp last year so we will come out runnin and gunnin

7. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

Great, great stuff sir. Now hop on so I can play Lyon.

8. Krebstar425

Mmmmk.

9. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Leaving Napoli out of the predictions!

That's alright, haters are my motivation. ;)

10. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

great stuff kreb :) no idea how i will fare this season maybe be a bit more clued up when i play some friendlies over next 2 weeks

11. hedache

hedache Walk On

You can't possibly fall below me, kreb and bryan, so you're guaranteed a 7th spot for sure.

12. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

dunno about that mate :) had a couple of tight games with kreb

13. Krebstar425

Hey! I'll have you know I'm shooting for 7th this season.

14. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Bold Prediction: Napoli is going to go the entire season without a loss in league play.

15. Krebstar425

3 wins, 15 draws? :p

But seriously, this bold prediction has been noted for upcoming news stories.

16. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

What has elprez done to get all this love :p

17. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

haha ill wait until i get a feel for everyone in the league before predicting :)

but so far havent played anybody that is unbeatable lol

18. Krebstar425

He beat me! :eek:

Plus, Van Nistelrooy is a beast.

19. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I'll tell you what, Napoli is a flippin sleeper. After looking and messing with their squad, they can very easily have a offense compared to anyone in either league. Speed and talent everywhere. You'll need to make some key subs in some spots to get the best possible lineup however.. ;)

20. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

Underachieved in season 2.

21. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I told you and Killnuts that they were in my top 3 on my draft board. I was so close to picking them. In my friendly with @KillerNuts we drew 2-2 and the Toure brothers kept it from being a loss for me. Although Balotelli blew some point blank chances of his own. I said it in another thread, Killer and Prez could very well be taking home trophies in the upcoming season.

22. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

Ballotelli....don't remind me. He's a freak. Saha Part Duece.

23. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

lol the match doesn't really start til i bring him off the bench. I swear he's won, or clinched more games for me in these friendlies than any player ever has. Hopefully he does the same once the season starts

24. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

kreb i love you.

25. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

pumped to get this next season going!