League One News - Week 9

Discussion in 'TFL: League 1 Red' started by Krebstar425, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

Hello League One! Usually, this thread will be made at the beginning of each week to preview upcoming matches. Then, in the middle of the week there will most likely be at least one more update, but possibly two. At the end of each week, there will either be a review thread made to cover the matches that occurred, or those will also be posted in the weekly thread. I'll work it all out.

If you have complaints, suggestions or anything else, feel free to share. I strongly encourage you to message me about possibly changes your team will make, if you'd like to have a verbal jab at another manager through the press or if you'd like to compliment another manager. So, you tell me and I can present it to the league in a news story.

The goal of these threads and updates will be that of an online news source such as The Telegraph, The Guardian, BBC Sport, etc.

Also, I may start messaging you in order to get content. Asking for a statement on a loss, a comment someone else made or just for a quote here or there. If you don't want to participate, no worries. If you do, great. Now, onto the news.

--------------------------​

[​IMG]

Everton Wins League One
    It's been no secret all season that this league was Everton's to lose, and they did the opposite as it's been clear for weeks now that they will be crowned League One Champions. It's well deserved as well, as through all 18 league games, The Toffees went undefeated. 15 wins and 3 draws. This is quite the accomplishment, as Everton have proven to be the superior team in the league and next year will be testing their skills in the Premier League. I would put money on them staying up as well and even challenging for the title.​

One of the big reasons Everton have won the title has been the play of Louis Saha who scored 32 goals this season after their most recent win at Fulham. Without Saha, it could still be argued the team was good enough to win the league, but his presence up front can not be ignored. An easy choice for player of the year.​

2nd & 3rd Place To Be Decided
    It's down to the last week of the season and three clubs still have a chance to move onto the Premier League. They are Zenit St. Petersburg (29 pts), Wolfsburg (28pts) and Benefica (24pts). For Zenit to move on, all they must do is draw one of their remaining two games, as 30 points would safely see them into promotion. However, they recently lost to Champion Everton, so the pressure is on in their final game to pick up a point. Wolfsburg on the other hand must closely watch Benefica as they could indeed pass them.​

Several Clubs Will Not Return
    There are several clubs who have already stated they will not be returning to the league next year, although their owners will be. Those clubs are Galatasaray, Borussia Dortmund and Bordeaux. Each owner of those clubs will be returning with a different club, although it is not yet known who those clubs are. That will be reported in the near future as the decisions are made.​

That is it for today, feel free to alert me to any statistical errors and also contact me with any stories you'd like to see reported.​

-​

@Darlon
    @Dylema
    @GovernedSpy
    @steven.foster

• Like Like x 3
  2. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Freakin brilliant Kreb. I sure as hell can't compete with this. Would you want to do something for the PL?? I could always find some other features but this type of article needs to be done for both leagues. I'm so glad you decided to stick around.

3. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Wow... Amazing content.

4. Krebstar425

I'm torn on doing PL as well. I feel like playing in League One helps me to do this, but then on the other hand...all it would take to do the PL is follow results, read team pages, etc. My gut says it would be possible, as I could do at least two posts for each league a week, and maybe even one more.

5. AJ Hart MN

Well, you don't have to do it if you don't think you know the PL all that well. About the team pages, it might be a bit hard for you to get a feel for the teams seeing like 1 or 2 of us do them. I think Rich has posted all of this results on there and I know I have kept mine up to date with highlights, screenshots, etc but nobody else has done anything. :( It would be great if you could but I totally understand you not being able to do it. It takes me forever to do anything like that so I know how much time goes into that stuff.

6. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

This is rather impressive. Gets the juices flowing for Season 3.

7. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

great work mate :)

8. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I knew with the mates and cheers from last night you were from across the pond, guessing by the Aberdeen that you're Scottish?

Nice story Krebster, it looks like a friggin' article right off espnsoccernet or skysports! Now when we get transfers rolling, you can start making transfer rumor pages just like skysports....That would be hilarious. I mean, just make some complete joke ones. Like Dirk Kuyt to Juventus. HAHAHHAH AAAJJJJJ

9. Krebstar425

So we are doing transfers? Crazy! This will make it hard to do stories such as these with people changing uniforms, haha. I'll figure something out, though. Just figured it out in my head, actually.

10. AJ Hart MN

No transfers this year Kreb. We plan on doing something so when FIFA 12' drops, we can include those into our league. We'll work out the details this summer and we'll be ready to go come late September/early October.

11. AJ Hart MN

We'd take Kuyt in a second, although there is no truth to that rumor.. ;) We've learned however that a Rafeal Van De Vaart for Aleassandro Del Piero swap is imminent. :p

12. Krebstar425

What is that?! Kuyt is taking his horrific first touch to Italy?! That is news...

No transfers this year, sweet, seems like something that would need to be worked out in detail.

13. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

yes i am scottish :)

transfers would be easy enough you would just save a seperate squads profile and am sure could be fun

14. AJ Hart MN

Yep mate, I've been in leagues that have used transfers and it's really not as complicated as it would seem. I've already agreed to take control of this and put in the time so it's reallistic and done right. There are some details that we still need to figure out and with the help of some of the guys here, we'll make it happen. I'm 100% committed to it so when fifa 12' is released, we'll take this league to yet another level.

15. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

yeah same aj im in a league that has that facility its pretty straightforward

16. Krebstar425

Because you'll be doing something such as this, I'm going to go ahead and say I will handle content for the PL as well. Most likely will not start heavily until the start of the season, but there will be some stuff before the season. I'll get it all sorted out.

17. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Which details do you need to figure out?

18. AJ Hart MN

The budget part.. We need to make it so guy's will be willing to sell off players and not always just swapping them. I have some ideas I've been brainstorming while I'm working hard all day. We'll get a good system so it will be fun as hell for all the teams.