League Poll

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Any Given Saturday, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Any Given Saturday

Any Given Saturday Stix Newb

So today while I was droning my life away at work, going mindlessly from meeting to meeting and pounding away on spreadsheets to complete merit planning and bonus awards, I tried desperately to get through the day faster by keeping my mind occupied.

My thoughts rambled like a drunk sorority girl at a kegger before finally settling on Madden Football and my season thus far. I remembered my epic game with the NY Giants, and how their coach is a real stand up guy. I thought fleetingly on how I got my absolute ass handed to me by division rival Baltimore and how the Patriots redefined ass whooping by putting 7 of my guys in the hospital. I chuckled at how even in simulating my game against the Cowboys (after building a comfortable lead mind you) my QB still found a way to throw 5 interceptions. I even questioned briefly why I let the Chargers pull out that first game in a 30-31 brawl. Then finally, it hit me, the best thought of the day for me was something I would ask my fellow league members in a poll.

For no reason other than my own ridiculous curiosity, I want to know, what is the first three things you improve on your coach?

For me, it is:

1.) WR Player Progression- because frankly, in this league, wide out's be dropping MAD balls. It's like whenever a receiver goes out for a pass someone yells "Catch it if you're racist".

2.) TE Player Progression - see above

3.) CB Player Progression - My corners are either very old or very young. Most of the time they're in Ghost Mode because no one sees them or cares they are there. Every once in awhile I get a lucky pick but that is usually only when the guy gets hit while throwing. To me, I cannot get my young corners man coverage rating up fast enough.

Your thoughts all?

2. DirtSouthDan

DirtSouthDan Walk On

First thing I would improve, depends on your player personnel. If you only have 4 CBs on your team, but carry 7 WRs, then you would benefit most from the "WR XP Boost". If you have only one free safety, no point in buying that perk, until you've addressed whichever boost can effect the most players. I think the last perk I get is usually for my K, P, FB since I only carry one of each.

That's my preference, and the way I use my coach XP in all my CCMs.

3. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

1. Scouting PAckage
    2. CBs
    3. WRs

Boom

• Like Like x 1
  4. DirtSouthDan

DirtSouthDan Walk On

Yes, always a great option for a team which KNOWS it has salary issues and must build through the draft. Save all those points and buy the scouting package. Nothing worse than scouting a players awareness and speed, thinking you have a future superstar. Only to find out his overall sucks, he's injury prone and has hands of stone.

5. Any Given Saturday

Any Given Saturday Stix Newb

You must be talking about Sean Hill. lol There's a guy destined to be the next "Fragile Fred". Dude has 65 injury rating, and has yet to finish a game for me. He came in week 1, caught one ball for 20 yards and was out for 7 weeks. lol