League Rules

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NYJuggalo45, Jul 24, 2010.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

League Rules

LEAGUE RULES
    - We, like all other leagues at TF, are a sim style league. This means that your gameplay should reflect real like NCAA football ideals.
    - No exploiting flaws in the AI by running money plays or plays that you know are unstoppable over and over
    - Call a balanced game on both sides of the ball. Do not keep calling the same plays. Mix up the formations on both offense and defense. Don’t play man all day long, throw in some zone, etc.
    - No running up the stats on either the cpu or another user. If your up big late, pull your starters.
    - No team should ever top 70 pts, unless the final score is something like 73-70. And if that is I suggest you slow down the play calling
    - Be realistic with your QB on pass plays. Dropping back 10-15 yards, rolling past the hashes, etc is not sim and not what should be done. Yes, if you feel pressure, you can roll out. Yes, if you call a designed roll out you can roll out. Yes, if you call a screen you can drop back further than normal. But on a regular passing play, no one should be taking the snap and sprinting 10 yards back with their QB before setting up to pass
    - For the time being...all gameplan settings (aggressive/conservative) and defensive keys (run middle, defend pass) are allowed. I would caution though that these should not be used all game long. Used at certain times, they are ok though. Examples would be, trying to force a turnover so setting interceptions to aggressive. Or needing a big stop on a 3rd and 1, picking "run middle". Or wanting to protect a lead so switching to conservative cover up ball. If anyone is found to be abusing these, or if complaints arise, we will revisit. DO NOT USE THESE EVERY PLAY!!!!
    ]- Any and all use of the pump fake is banned. Anyone caught using this glitch will face a severe penalty at the commish's discrection

- Playbooks: everyone must pick and Offensive and Defensive playbook prior to the season, post it in the assigned thread, and stick with them for the entire season. Chose wisely. Don’t pick an option playbook if your backup QB is 50 speed. Once your starter goes down, you’re screwed!
    - Sliders/game rules: We play 8 min, All-American, default speed. Sliders are a work in progress right now, as they are with all the dynasties. They might be tweaked throughout the season until TF comes up with a consensus set that seem to work
    - Recruiting restrictions: I have never been a fan of limiting how many recruits a team can sign or the caliber of players they can sign. The only thing I will say here is don’t go overboard. If your team only has 6 seniors leaving…don’t go out and sign 25 guys so come cut time in the off-season, we’re waiting on you to cut 20 players.
    - Position changes:
    IN SEASON: Players have to play at their assigned position or a realistic switch. A realistic switch would be a TE playing FB in a few sets or a G playing T or a SS playing CB. An unrealistic switch would be a 92 spd 180 pound HB playing FB or a 95 spd 190 pound FS playing MLB
    OFF SEASON: There is a weight limit of 220 pounds/under 90 speed for any player being moved to FB or TE and possibly LB. During the off-season, if you have a question about a player on the fence, ask it in the chat room
    - League advances: Ideally I’d like to advance as soon as possible. Realistically, this probably isn’t always going to happen. There might be a day delay in advancing here and there. But we will go a good pace that everyone can keep up with.
    - Off-Season: The most fun night of the season was always off-season night in T1, and we will implement the same process here. We schedule a night and time on the boards. Everyone is expected to make it. We bang out the entire process in 1 night while making fun of each other and getting to know everyone in the chat room. If someone can’t make it, you’re allowed to have another TF member sit in for you.
    - Board Participation: YOU MUST BE ACTIVE!!!! Non-negotiable. Some people like to post full game recaps with pics and vids. Some people like to post tidbits here and there. Some people just like to comment on others. Whatever you like to do is fine, but I must see posts by you regularly otherwise you will be replaced
    USER GAMES/ISSUES
    - Use the Game Scheduling section to schedule games. If one person is making an effort and the other person is not, he will be put on auto and a cpu game will be allowed.
    - If a member is constantly missing games or not posting when he can play he will be removed
    - If a game disconnects due to no reason of either player, it is up to you to work it out in a reasonable and mutually agreeable way. For example
    ----If the game disconnects early on with the score tied, replay the whole thing.
    ----If the game disconnects with one team up 14 in the 2nd half. Play a half with the knowledge that they are up 14. At halftime the team who “would have won” gets the win, and the other player logs off so they can finish up vs the cpu
    - If a game disconnects because one member purposely pulls the plug and quits, that is grounds for immediate removal. There are no quitters at TF. Even if you’re getting your ass handed to you, man up and take it.
    - If you feel someone cheated you or cheesed, do not post in the forums. PM myself and JMS first and we will look into it and handle accordingly. We do not want the league turning into a flame war
    - Act like an adult. Talking shit and making fun of each other in a fun and joking way is fine. The minute it crosses the line and turns into a real argument, it ends. Period. This is supposed to be a fun league among friends, remember that first and foremost always.
    More rules might be added as we go on, and any existing one might be amended. If any of you ever need to reach me immediately, my email is michaelgsalvia@aol.com. I have my blackberry on me 24/7.

2. LSU21dude

LSU21dude Geaux Tigers

Juggs, do we have rules regarding the Gameplan feature and also pass/run commit.

I don't mind the pass/run commit but I can't stand the D-line gameplan set to aggressive. They get jump snap every damn time!

3. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Jms, what are you guys doing in t1 regarding these? We'll follow suit

4. Ruinic

Ruinic Texas Tech Newb

i personally havent seen a problem with it, been playing a few user games in glory days and everyone seems to use it without complaint. but ill do whatever

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Please see the added rule in red.

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

let me see about gameplan and d keys

7. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Is going for 2 to win instead of tie if you score a TD within the last few seconds of the game considered cheese to you guys? I didn't do it but it crossed my mind. What do you guys think?

8. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Imo no. That happens a lot in real life. Ill let jms give his opinion too thou, but I don't have a problem with that

9. Ruinic

Ruinic Texas Tech Newb

considering i did it last night in my ucla vs cal game i think its fine but im not the deciding factor

10. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

Don't everyone jump on me at once, but where do I find these game plan settings you speak of?

11. Ruinic

Ruinic Texas Tech Newb

when you go into a play book say hitting "a" on the 3-4 defense, you jsut push "X" and it takes you to the gameplan list where you can pick aggressive, normal or conservative, each with their own benefits. and as such the same can be done on the offense play books again each giving special benefits

12. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

Commish, can I get some clarification on the 4th down rule? In my game against South Carolina it was 4th and 12 from the 31 yard line, out of FG range, and too close to punt. I originally was going to try to convert it, but LSUDude thought that I needed to kick there. He rejected the delay of game penalty and I kicked the FG, which was about 5 yards short.

I'll do whatever is required in the league, but the 30-45 yard line is 4 down territory for a lot of college coaches and when I play against the cpu I treat it that way (which sometimes hurts me) but I just wanted to make sure that I'm following the rules for next season.

13. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

Also to coattail on your thread about booting Ruinic and his accusations against LSUDude, he played sim all the way including running the ball when he was down in the 4th quarter.

14. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

That is a grey area honestly. Personally I had a shit kicker who was about 50% on the year. So I can relate on your situation. If it was 4th and say 3-4 on like the 32 yard line id say you. Could go for it. But 4th and 12, should either punt or prey with the FG. I would say this is a situation by situation case also depending on score and what qtr or time of game.

15. SDMDTSU

SDMDTSU Walk On

Question on position changes for next season...

I know it's a common sense thing for the most part...but I have a RS-Fr LB Javarrie Johnson. He's an OLB but he has some skill, Route running, jumping, break tackles, some elusiveness. I'm not sure but he looks like he'd be a nice pass catching TE. Especially since I have some depth at LB and signed a 4 star recruit. What's the rule on that?

Scratch that...he's like 208 lbs. and can't block...but some clarification would still be nice.

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Position changes to FB, DE and TE Over 225 lbs and 89 speed or less.