League Settings Dicussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by geauxtigers810, Jul 22, 2009.

1. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

League Settings Dicussion

Any additional recruiting rules? 5* limits? My other 2 leagues are using the new OFFL system (base class plus bonus recruits). I've also seen leagues with a cap on 5/4 stars.

2. Maynard

Maynard Banned

i have been reviewing the other dynasties to see what they use and think i have something good that will keep things fair and balanced

i am looking at what murkya has for the 4th horsemen
    Basically if you have 20 scholarships to give out,
    then you can recruit 10 - 4 star players
    then if you achieve certain things u can earn 5 star recruits.

I am planning on a cap system for 5 star players just to keep it simple.

i am also going to require players to post a primary and secondary playbook for the entire season. Along with 1 Dee PB

Also, we will be using Lanteri87 Roster. This is based off of EA roster patch with name changes only. I will upload it later if anyone needs it....or u can use his GT Lanteri87

Please post any suggestions or thoughts

3. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

Recruiting sounds good. My only concern would be if we can't earn any 5*s until year 2. With mostly powerhouse teams, it wouldn't be very realistic. I would suggest a set limit for everyone the first year and then the future years are based on what you earned the prior year. I hope that makes sense.

I would also suggest the OS Community Rosters which should be done today sometime. They have seven teams left to finish. The rosters are much more accurate (personnel wise) than the default EA that Lanteri named. At least one person from TF was a main part in the community edits. I've been using a file from when they had about 90 teams complete. I'm sure there is some concern over ratings (b/c they had to create new players and change positions), but I'd suggest that you download them tonight as see if you think it is an issue or not. If things seem reasonable, I think they would give us a better experience. Everything was well done from what I looked at. If you don't agree with their edits, then we should stick with Lanteri's.

4. Maynard

Maynard Banned

i agree about the 1st season and 5* recruits. 2 or 3 as a cap for year 1.
    I am still thinking about the perk system for future years. I may just use the cap to keep things simple

I will check out their roster tonight. I am not a fan of using changed ratings. Do you know what they changed and the gamertag to DL it from?

5. Maynard

Maynard Banned

double post

6. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

Supposedly ratings were only touched if a replacement player (for someone not on the team anymore) had to be made or if someone was rated for the wrong position for version 1.0 (the one we should use). They were edited into their appropriate depth chart slot. When they finish today they are starting a version 2.0 to edit other players into depth chart slots. They will have GTs with only the 1.0 though that we can get.

They haven't been posting who has the most up-to-date file b/c there were problems transfering it between editor shifts if multiple people were trying to get it. They are supposed to post numerous GTs when they are done today. CcAaRrSsOoNn3 usually has a near updated version of it though if you want to try that for a look. His may have 10-15 teams remaining instead of 7, but it can give you an idea. If he doesn't have one, RomanCaesar may.

7. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

8. riley420

riley420 Guest

Forgive me for being old and out of touch, but how do I get rosters from the interwebs onto the game?

These new fangled video machines have me all worked up.

9. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

If you haven't done so already, you'll need to go to xbox live (in game) and then to ea locker. select download roster and then the gamertag you want to download from. once it is downloaded you will need to go into file management (from the main menu) and then select the roster and load it. you can then use it in your offline modes or view the roster. to use the roster online, you need to upload it under ea locker. i believe for it to work, your opponent will have to have the same roster file for online games. in the od, the commish chooses the roster file and it will work for all of us.

10. sniperhare

sniperhare Guest

I downloaded the carson roster and it looked pretty good, no major edits done to the starting lineups of the few teams I compared.

11. riley420

riley420 Guest

So no "action replay" any more?

Sweetness.

12. Maynard

Maynard Banned

lol....nope. All u need to do is enter the persons GT and it will auto DL it for u to save. U dont have to be on the persons friends list either

lanteri87 made named rosters at vsn. I like his because they can be used in online games because all he did was change players names. A roster with rating edits cant be used in online games.....but they can be used in online dynasties

13. Maynard

Maynard Banned

SOB double posts

14. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

start

I dont know if this falls under league settings, but when do we start this thing.....

nevermind saw your other post in another thread

15. sniperhare

sniperhare Guest

One thing is kickoff returns are tied into run blocking. This is annoying because you try and adjust the AI so the cpu can rush better and then they blow up holes in your kick coverage.

16. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

I have the finished OS Community Rosters in my EA Locker if anyone wants to check them out. GT: Geauxtigers810

17. Maynard

Maynard Banned

wonderful. I will check them out tonight. Let me know what you think

18. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

I'm at work all day, so I'll probably be checking them out when you are. I'll let you know sometime tonight though. Let me know if you need any help testing sliders or anything.

19. Maynard

Maynard Banned

any thoughts you or any has on sliders, let me know. I am not seeing any consistency with the sliders since the patch. I know they work, its just

I will play the same game over and over and its like night and day in specific areas which makes finding out what works hard.

20. sniperhare

sniperhare Guest

I'm about to play a game against Texas Tech as Ok St. (trying to learn the team) with the sliders you have listed. will post updates after the game is done.

I'm using the CcAaRrSsOoNn3 rosters.

21. Trixster

Trixster Guest

I've been using the Lanteri87 rosters and they are pretty good.

I also played a couple of games tonight with the sliders you have posted and really had competitive games.

22. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

I have no idea at this point with sliders. I just played two games with some slider settings suggested by one of the other leagues. 1st game had over 1000 combined yards... 2nd had about 450. That could be a good thing though b/c different teams actually make the game play differently?? That's probably a stretch.

Rosters look good though.

23. sniperhare

sniperhare Guest

Just lost 35-59

Passing
    Cate (okst.) 28-46 404 yds 1-td 1-int
    Sheffield (tex tech) 25-33 524 yds 3-td 0-int

rush
    hunter (okst) 24 for 88 yds 3 tds (two at goalline), longest 15
    Batch (textech) 14 for 60 3 td, longest 20

(okst) 2 recievers over 100 yards receptions of 10 and 6
    (tex tech) 3 recievers over 100 receptions of 8,5 and 4.

My starting QB Robinson has been out since the second game, the backup is rated 84 ovr.

It was fairly close at first, I had a fumble recovered for a TD. The 4 wide spread killed me though, I couldn't stop anything. They were wide open all game and constantly shed tackles, the RBs were deadly when the cpu used them.

I was sacked 10 times, 6 in the second half when I was down by 2+ scores.

24. riley420

riley420 Guest

I let Maynard know this already, but I just wanted to put this out there...

In my game against Troy (offline using our online dynasty settings), there were 7 personal foul facemasks, 6 against the CPU. I don't know if it was a one time only thing, but there were quite a few.

There were 3 in my last drive alone...thus me spamming Maynards XBL inbox with such winners as "make that 6 lol" and "7 lol".

25. Maynard

Maynard Banned

so the penalties were being called on the cpu? usually its the other way around.