League Settings Discussion

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by Dru50, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Let's start chatting about what types of settings you guys would like.

I'm thinking that we use All Star/Sim for the difficulty settings, and start with 9 or 10 minute quarters. We could adjust that as we go (I hope) if necessary. FYI for everyone - there are no sliders for online association.

With the schedule system in the game (you play a certain number of games per 'week', and the advance is set in stone - it can't be controlled by the commish), I would think we should play a truncated schedule to try and get through multiple seasons. I've set up a test league with a 29 game schedule to see how it works, and the only options are a 82 game schedule, or 56, 29 or 14 games. For reference, the PS3 guys are running a league with a 14 game schedule at the fastest setting which will get them through a regular season in 3-4 weeks.

I don't really think we need any gameplay rules to start, but I think there needs to be a rule about using your bench. In reality, pretty much nobody plays 44+ minutes a night, but in the game you can almost get away with never benching your starters if you want. I think everyone should set a rotation limiting your starters to the equivalent of no more than 40 minutes a night.

What do you guys all think?

RynoAid
    Bondzai007
    Danthraxxx
    JFace907
    gowazzucougs
    recchem2000
    bucsfan047
    ryalaman
    Mike E
    BDSDIGITAL
    Papa Perry

I apologize if I missed tagging anyone.

2. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Sounds good , I was wondering about the number of games played , thought crossed my mind of 56 games with a min 15simmed games per year. Not sure how long hat would take

3. Dru50

I think the idea of simming a certain number of games may not be possible with the schedule options of online association. Based on the way the advances work, it may be challenging enough to get user games scheduled since you'll have a predetermined block of time to play them in.

4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I just hope the shit works at the end of the day , the details are not a biggie to me at this point , but I def wanna talk about it

5. Dru50

Anyone who wants to join the test league I created is welcome to, if only to try some of this out and see how it works.

The league name is 'test'
    The league password is 'tsotest'

I can't invite people apparently, you have to search and join using the name/password.

6. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

All Star/Sim always seems to be the best for me. As far as Qtr Length 9-10 seems long but im fine with it. I'm leaning towards the 29 or 56 option as far as games go. If were going for longer advances than I say 29 but if we are moving faster than i'll go for 56

7. Bucs

whats the association ID? it asks for the association name and Association ID when trying to search

8. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I will try to join later and will trade LeBron back to Cleveland lol

9. Dru50

Dang, I'm not sure what the association ID is, I don't remember putting one in. Maybe my gamertag?

10. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

There should be a number that appears next to the association dru. I think that is the id

11. Dru50

Ok, I'll have to look for that tonight when I get home.

12. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

As far as settings, from my toying with it, I didn't see a spot where you can change the settings to Sim, Casual, or Default. As far as quarter length, i'm fine with anything between 7-10.

As far as season length i would like to go the full 82 on a normal pace, but with a twist. We know how many games are set during the "session" the Eastern and Western leaders should post them allowing the player to only play 2 or 3 of those games. The player must post what games he wants to be played. This can be something we post an advance or two ahead of time. That way if there is a user game it gives the two parties a chane to schedule. This also gives us that GM feel of simulating games and playing them too. Just an idea.

13. Dru50

The only problem with that pace JFace is that it would take until march to complete one regular season. My understanding is that the normal pace mirrors the regular NBA season (you know, if not for the lockout). Taking that long basically means bad teams will never have a chance to improve.

14. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

In my toying with OA, normal pace gave a 6 or 7 games to play in the 16 hour window.

15. Dru50

Ok, you know more than I do as I haven't done anything in the mode and am basing my thoughts on heresay.

How fast would a full season take on normal pace then if you do 82 games?

16. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Well if the block stays at 6 or 7 games throughout the whole season, we're looking at 14 advance sessions. So 14, 16 hours advances gets us about 224 hours which would be about 10 days. That seems wicked fast....I may have to double check my math...

17. Dru50

16 hour advances with 6-7 games per block likely would result in 5-6 games being simmer each block. That might be a bit much.

18. Bucs

16 hour advances is fast as hell...what other options do they have as far as advance times?

19. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Who the hell has time to play 6 or 7 games that fast?

20. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

When i get home, i'll take a look to see if the 6-7 games per block stays true.

21. Dru50

Is the 'normal' speed really only 16 hours? What is 'slow' and 'fast' I wonder? I thought I read somewhere that one of the settings mirrored the timeline of real NBA schedules (ie - 3 to 4 games in a week).

22. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I will definitely get on as soon as I get home but I know the preseason timer was 16 and then it seemed like only sixteen for the next one which was the first block of regular season games

23. Dru50

This was something CA posted in another thread:

CA - is that timeline correct based on what you are seeing?

24. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

We restarted. Make sure you are happy with the difficulty. Superstar was brutal. We are going to All-Star.

I will let you know though how it goes.

25. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

There is no option to set it to sim. We believe that it is default. Also, once you get in there is no option to change the settings or toss out results.