League Settings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hugezombie, Jul 13, 2012.

1. hugezombie

hugezombie Walk On

I just have a quick question, I understand that we want this league to be competitive, but is the gameplay difficulty set in stone on Heisman? I am an experienced gamer and have been playing this series yearly since it was know as Bill Walsh College Football, but depending on the matchup, I still struggle against the computer on ALL-American, I might be terrible on Heisman as I have never really played on that setting. I am wondering about anyone else opinion on this as well. I will go with whatever is decided, just wanted to throw my 2 cents in there.

2. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

i understand your concern , and I appreciate your post here, I would always rather know these feelings than find out later when you become frustrated. I will post the sliders this afternoon , I recommend playing with them to test it out. I will confess I was not happy when my Premier League dynasty said we were playing on Heisman, as I too have hated it for years. I have felt that sometimes the "CPU makes you lose" , I feel that this year is the exception , if you have good sliders.The reason I chose Heisman is I feel the CPU games are not as wacky , and do not feel stale after you play a few as where All-American felt very boring to me. With 3 conf the majority of your games will be against the CPU, so I want to make sure those games are enjoyable.

For example in my PL I have Oregon, granted a very strong team & I should win 10 game vs. CPU with not much trouble. I feel the slider set I am working with allows me to still manhandle weak teams ( Ark State & Wash State ) , allowed for tough games against talented teams ( WVU , Wash ) , and made it hard to beat powerful teams ( FSU , USC , Bama ) . So far the only time I felt overpowered agains the CPU was Bama' , and frankly I think that would happen on All- American.

Furthermore, I am not great at this game by any means. I do not know the exact number of season I have played between NCAA '11 & '12 here at TSO , my estimate would be 30-40 between multiple leagues. I have played in only two conference championship games. So trust me when I say that if I can win most of the games I should win, you probably can too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hugezombie

hugezombie Walk On

That sounds good, my concern was that I would like to be Iowa if available when my turn comes up. I am an alumni, a die hard Hawkeye fan and live near Iowa City and would love to a dynasty with them. But they are still Iowa, not a great team and their 4 star rating this year seems like a stretch, if I am fortunate to get them (as I've seen other users mention them) I didn't want to end up 2-10. But I trust your experience with the dynasty, I will adapt or take my lumps, I'm here for the long-run. Thank you for your quick reply.

4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I understand, my GF is OSU alumni and I had to take Michigan per poor draw in draft last year , it did not go over well :D

There will be a good number of teams availible , if I pick high by chance I will probably not take a very good team so I can help you guys to get teams you like. I wan't everyone here to enjoy this OD and become a good member, this site changed how I play online video games and has so much more to it than just games. I know it sounds corny but it is the truth.

For example .... we have threads on craft beers , a college football thread run by my buddy KnightNoles, there is so much real life football stuff in there you would not beleive lol. I was able to learn a whol new sport (soccer) from this site, now I enjoy watching some footy from time to time. Just a solid commintiy and I hope you new guys enjoy it for all its aspects.

• Like Like x 2
  5. sreese

sreese Walk On

For any of you new guys that havent watched the video, in the dynasty description topic, you really should. I hadn't seen it before and i have been around here for 2 or 3 years. It really clears up alot of questionable things that TSO frowns on. Anyway great 6 mins of your time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I have updated the sliders to the OD description sticky

7. sreese

sreese Walk On

Played a game with these sliders on Heisman. I enjoyed the game i was Rutgers played @ Cuse. They beat me by 10. Only real problems i had were stopping the run. I got torched 1st play of game for like 75 yrd td. From there they chewed my defense up. I did enjoy it and hope to get a little better.

Also the cpu pass rush seemed to be on my ass in the 2nd half. That could have been my fault as i was trying to look down field a little more, didnt work, lol.

8. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I like them as well(y)

The CPU can run it on you if you are not careful. I had a CPU game where I was Oregon vs Washington , they ran for 178 on me. You have to be really thoughtful in calling plays to stop the run this year. In regards to the pass rush , not sure anything we do will make it better without totally nuetering the CPU defense. The CPU will blitz the crap out of you, does not matter if you have wishbone or 5 wide , most CPU teams will send blitz at you a lot. Gotta make good hot read this year , if so you can roast the CPU to counter it.