League Setup Discussion - New Game Features

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, May 20, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

So with all this badass newness, we really do need to discuss the direction. We have some options from what we know. Some could look like:

Option 1: Our original of 1 league with us as our main teams and switch to other teams through carousel
    Option 2: Have 1 league only but with us as coordinators (your coordinator profile alma mater as your main team) and then we just work up the rankings
    Option 3: We have 2 leagues: 1 with main teams and 1 with small-town teams as coordinators. This seems most fun but also needs the absolute most discussion. Because what I do not want and will NOT have is 2 leagues where one is just a little bitch league that is neglected. If we do 2, we have to do TWO. not sure everyone is up for this. also not sure how we pull this off within one forum (although I see it possible). We might (and please help you losers) keep our eyes peeled and see what the other leagues do with all of this. My hope (Shaun, are you there?) is that these darn helpful gurus around here might have input on how to best do this. But I'd really like to not have separate leagues. I'd rather just be the bad-guy who simply says: if you are in the Cathedral, you are in 2 leagues and must commit to both.

Note of concern: Being a coordinator sounds awesome. But this might get axed immediately as the article seems to imply that all you do is call the offense or defense for a team, and although this is cool... it could really lame-out results and create "sim" problems, which I don't want to deal with. It is most likely that this carousel and coordinator climb will need to be somewhat tested before committing to it. I def don't mind doin this in a 2nd Cathedral league: but again... I will only do this if we commit to full involvement (write-ups, content, etc) with both leagues. Otherwise, it will fail... trust me.

I'm open to discussion. And I'm sure we will be speaking (and hearing) from others.

Peace
    heath

2. vatechhokie01

nipping a few things in the bud by ripping a quote from Hellisan:

don't get too excited about either of these. we are not gonna create issues with custom playbooks. i can foresee an opportunity to specifically request an add/drop of say 5 plays or so but to tweak a playbook so you can have all workable plays is a nightmare we are not gonna open. and as for custom conferences...
    we will ONLY change if the real world changes.

And I'll add:
    We will absolutely NOT be using the computer sim-play feature one bit. If you are out of town or away you will get simmed. No way we are relying or letting a sim-play feature join the mix. That would open up all kinds of opportunities for bullshit.

3. vatechhokie01

wow... ya'lls enthusiasm over all the badass newness is overwhelming. i can only hope this involvement spills over into our dynasty...

asses.

4. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Establishing a good foundation is the key, then build upon that....so IMO starting out with the basic format then expanding as we gain a better understanding of the options, direction we want to go in the future....taking on to much at once, then having to step back....failing if you will seems to make it more difficult to move ahead, league is less open to taking on greater challenge...first and foremost I want a stable organized league, that is moving ahead...I don't need all the bells and whistles at the beginning

5. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

great insight. was that the advice that you gave henry ford?

actually i agree with gramps.
    ea has a way of breaking out a cool new toy only for it to not work too well in its first year.

6. brza37

brza37 Walk On

If a new guy's vote counts for anything, I'd vote for Option 2, starting as coordinators at 1star schools. I like the idea of CC although its not as in depth as I was hoping it would be. I doubt I'd be able to do 2 dynasties though so Option 3 would be too much for me.

7. vatechhokie01

here is what we are going to do:

we will definitely be running one league which is detailed here with the teams we have chosen (of course you can change a team if you are dying to before game-drop). we will all be head coaches of these teams.

for a 2nd league, we will discuss in time and probably offer a totally off-board 2nd league run through our Google Group that is content-requirement free. will keep you updated. but this will not have a thing to do with our main league here.

8. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

so the main league is the old fashioned way and the second is the new way with less involvment (i.e. stories and what not?)

that is my vote

9. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Is being in the 2nd league an option or a requirement?

10. vatechhokie01

definitely only optional. only thing that will be mandatory and even on this forum is the main league. all 2nd league stuff will be separate