League Sigs

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by Oshiomogho, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Very nice! Thanks a bunch for these man.

3. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

the league members all have their main sig, i think i may have an alternate style eventually. You can use these if you choose. I'll post Wyoming when the team gets filled

4. IrishBearcat

Sadly I just found out we aren't allowed to have league sigs unless we're a Premier league, so we can't use these unless we somehow become a premier league down the road. Please remove these from your signature.

5. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Really great looking sigs fwiw

6. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

we can still post them at the bottom of our posts within the league and it wouldnt disrupt any posts elsewhere... if it make you feel any better (cheating the system FTW)

[​IMG]

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

a lot of non-premier leagues are utilizing the large avatar's to identify themselves in the same manner that sigs do.

8. IrishBearcat

Perhaps I haven't seen this, but are you saying people have been using "League Avatars" instead of League Sigs?

9. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

so what is the rule on having images in the sigs? none at all unless you are premiere or you just cant advertise the league?

[​IMG]

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yes, that is correct. See "The Hurt Locker"

11. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

the rule is, on the football side, only premier leagues can have graphic sigs. So if LV was to go premier next year, you would all be able to have sigs based on the 2012 TSO template. Otherwise, non-premier leagues have been utilizing the oversized avatar for identification.

12. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

we do this for a couple reasons..

1.. we want people to value premier leagues on this site and work to get themselves or their leagues in position to be considered for that level of membership at TSO

2.. we want to reward the people, premier members, who support the site and so we design and offer a sig as a perk for upgrading to that level and being admitted to a premier league.

3.. if you would have seen some of the AWFUL sigs out there... for the sake of not burning my eyeballs while reading the forums we had to limit this to a site wide design template for aesthetic reasons.

i know Oshio is an awesome designer and if we were just talking about LV i would have no issue with him displaying his fine, fine art around these parts. But I have to consider the whole of non-premier as one at this point. I'm in talks with Osh about utilizing his skills around here, so his talent will not go to waste.

;)

13. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Simple solution! we become [​IMG]

14. IrishBearcat

@RynoAid

I've looked around and asked and best answer I got is a league having a goal to "become premier" isn't a good goal as the structure is based on everyone jumping up to the leagues that are already premier leagues.

My question is what about a tight group like ours? I'd think we'd all like to be in the same premier league and the best way would be for us to work towards LV becoming a Premier League. Any advice/insight would be greatly appreciated!

15. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I told elk before, We dont want people joining our league. we dont need to be "premiere."
    We have our members and we dont want to change them. When you join LV, usually if you last more then 2 weeks, you are here to stay. and that is because there have been suspect additions in the past on weak selection pool on the other forums. The only other reason we have lost members has been to more important commitments and sometimes they will come back when they are ready. I dont think we need a full league to be great and I feel like we can be a great league with or without premiere status.

16. IrishBearcat

At the same time, I'd like to be able to sport a league sig someday lol. You get my text bro? JoeDesigns would be interested in doing em if not. If your down he said he'd do something else to add to what we have.

17. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

<------Hurt Locker Avatar

18. IrishBearcat

I'd like to get league avatars, and one of you guys use your design skills to add something else to our league content. Any ideas?

19. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Banners for game summaries?

20. IrishBearcat

This is a good idea..

21. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

you could use the ones that Oshimingo already created, just use them for GAME SUMMARIES ONLY.

22. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

So... I started playing around with ideas for a league avatar, since we cant have sigs yet. hard to fit too much in it

[​IMG]
    I kinda liked the simple league logo on the bottom (slightly cutoff) but still decent to read. Any picture can go in it, and there is no editing in it so it would be extremely easy to swap the image. for now, Im going with a non football picture even though it doesnt say anything about the league itself but it draws attention, and i did it before I was sure if it would be better or not to add a username since the username is already right below the image

any recommendations or comments welcomes, and if you want one with some image, any image, LMK

23. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Osh man you have some sick skills man. Ryno should have you design the 2012 league template based on those sigs you posted I really like the look of them.

24. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    You did a good job realizing that the actual image can be bigger than the in forum displayed image...it gets scaled down. The TBL didn't do that, so when you click on someone and bring up their member card, there is a large black border around the images.

25. IrishBearcat

I like em! Hook me up with 1 breh!