Announcement League Stats

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Shaun Mason, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    This isn't going to turn into a giant bitch-fest, but I think something needs to be said again.

First, many of you guys are doing great. There are a handful of you who are not.

-------------------------------

Bottom line, I'm getting tired of a handful of guys making this league less fun for me because they can't seem to put together a game where they aren't doing something that is completely unrealistic. If you think I am talking about you, I probably am. I am to the point I am just going to start kicking people out of the league. I don't care how "good" you are. I don't care if you think "it's Madden". Either learn to run a realistic offense (and defense) or get the fuck out of the TMFL.

Just to give you some reference: When I was filling the open Bears spot, I had 20 guys apply for that one spot. Five of those guys I would give a team to in a heartbeat. If you don't want your team handed over to one of them, I suggest you get in line with what the rest of the league is doing. I've got a couple of guys I want in the TMFL and I'm itching to get rid of some of the people who are making this league less than what I expect it to be.

--------------------------------

That said, my complaints go both ways. There are two problems here:

1) Some guys are obviously abusing the AI. There is no way to do some of the things that are happening otherwise. I'm not stupid enough to think that the handful of guys are way better than everyone else. I've been around most of the guys in this league long enough to understand the difference between talent and being a douchebag.

2) Some of you guys obviously don't understand how to play defense. That is something we can work on. I suggest that if you are struggling that you PM me and we will work on leveling you up. Also, for those of you that have recording devices, if someone is killing you with a route, run, etc please take a minute to clip the play out of your video and let's talk about it as a league. There are no Madden secrets to playing defense, it's usually just a lack of understanding about how to combat something.

Thanks again,
    Shaun

Keller
    SimFBallCritic
    LSUTRUTH
    Philstyle3005

PAgamer07
    Timpegoose
    bawvu97
    Shaun Mason

AzureEffect
    Gyrene76
    ZCar352
    Gravity

Danthraxxx
    Big Suge Knight
    Cheez
    Baron

sawemoff
    MoonBBad
    I Peench
    MartyWebb

HovaTheGodMC
    hammerhead1010
    Masler
    Kasper

Bondzai
    capp34
    antcap24
    fuzzyl0gic

TEClemson53
    Matrix Monkey
    JFace907
    JohnnyClutch

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    This is a little skewed because some of the guys at the top have played 4 games already vs 3 for others.

For all you guys slinging the ball around:

Bengals are 3-0 (#30)
    Broncos are 3-1 (#14 in 4 games)
    Patriots are 3-0 (#26)
    Ravens are 2-1 (#22)

Falcons are 0-4 (#1 in 4 games)
    Texans are 2-2 (#2 in 4 games)
    Packers are 1-3 (#5 in 4 games)

1.PNG
    2.PNG

3. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

4. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Running the ball > Passing the ball. Even though I have started out slow with my running game :(

• Like Like x 1
  5. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Thank god for this post ...... (y)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:

This is total yards.

Here is passing yards:

3.PNG 4.PNG

7. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I actually had no idea I had a top 10 offense. That comes as a complete surprise to me. I only scored 14 points against the Eagles yesterday and based on a quick look I'm only like 13th in scoring or so. Yardage only tells part of the story I guess.

On the flip side I thought my defense was actually pretty good but that has been proved otherwise when I look at the scoring numbers of other teams. I think I have around the 19th ranked scoring defense, so I'm giving up more points than I'm accustomed to. That also comes as a surprise to me, at least a little bit. I didn't think I was top 5 or anything but still. I guess I need to start playing more 2 man under? I literally only run it like 5 snaps a game and thats generous. I run it more late game I guess because people are running hurry up and my options for mixing it up are limited but still. I will look into running it more if that will help my defense. People seem to be eating up my zones this year unfortunately :( Are sack numbers down and that's helping offenses maybe?

I don't really have much to add to the discussion other than the fact that I do wish games were lower scoring. I had so much fun against MartyWebb in our 17-14 thriller. We need to see more games like that and less 52-49 shootouts. I don't know what the answer is other than keep ramping up defenses so that the offenses chill the fuck out but thats a double edged sword since it punishes the lower scoring guys as well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

nailed it

• Like Like x 3
  9. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I love low scoring game, grind it out games. When I allow more than 24 points in a win or loss I get pissed at myself.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Keller

Figured I would lay this all out there because we've brought up the other stats.

Rushing Stats
    [​IMG]

Scoring Stats
    [​IMG]

11. Keller

For the record, the scoring average in the NFL in 2011 was 22.2

Our scoring average is 29.34 and only 7 teams were at or below 22 points/game.

12. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Interesting:

18th ranked pass offense
    5th ranked rush offense
    But 2nd in scoring....hmmm.

13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Sounds like I need to make offense harder.

14. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Thanks Keller , which brings up the question ; how the hell is Cheez getting 16 a game :D lol

All kidding aside I am amazed how some guys put up so many point , also amazed how some guys get 8 ypc .... Or how guys allow guys to get 8 ypc .

I find this whole conversation interesting & I have no clue how guys are so successful at offense in this game.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

I have a suggestion. I know you upped fatigue to limit offensive stats, but the only players that gets consistently fatigued is the defense. So for about a third of the game I have back ups in trying to stop these madden offenses.

I dunno, what do you think?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Keller

Agreed. I'm still shocked I have a top 10 offense as far as yardage. The sad part is moving the ball that well and still managing to be in the bottom 10 in scoring. Or.... well I guess that SHOULD be considered a good thing.

17. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

What about guys like me that are struggling on offense? Making it harder just hurts me more.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Masler

Masler Moderator

I would like to mention Rodgers threw for 490-something in the sim vs Chicago, out of my control.

Second, I play defense very poorly and would like to take up your offer of help. Vs the run it seems I struggle with the insane amount of outside runs I have seen. Vs the pass I think I am calling the wrong play because my guys seem out if position and get beat a lot.

I like to play man a lot because zone always gets beat when I play it. I do my best to mix up the plays though.

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

This & This... I may just let saw continue to read my mind (don't dig too deep bud, might not like what you find.)

But on a serious note- why do you guys think I can be so efficient with Joe Webb? It's because I run the ball and keep a balanced approach. The top 9 passers in the league have a combined TD to INT ratio of .96 -- (Read: more interceptions than touchdown.) I feel like some people I play have such aggressive offenses that they don't worry about interceptions because they can just sling the ball around all game and churn out 35+ points.

Basically, my hunch is that guys are doing things that they "know" work. But once in a while the defense takes it away and it's an automatic interception. I don't see how the top passers in the league can get away with so many turnovers... it's hard to call them a "good passer" because it makes you wonder.

I don't know.. just wanted to chime in. Good discussion though.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

If you run a legitimate balanced offense where you actually strategize and make reads you will be able to move the ball on anyone -- as long as you keep that "mix it up" strategy going.

I think it comes down to this-- people shouldn't be able to score 35+ and have 450+ yards of offense when they are one dimensional.

21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'd volunteer to help you out on defense as well Mas. To hell with being "division rivals", I'd rather help a fellow TSO member out because I would love to play a balanced offense. I thoroughly enjoyed my games against Dru50 when we played because he ran a balanced offense which is a fun challenge.

22. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

I think I run a pretty balanced attack. I'm also operating with a not very good online, a not very good rb, and not very good wrs.

23. Keller

Fred Jackson has only been on the block for like.... a year. (y)

24. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Haha don't worry man I'm not sick in the head like you ;)

25. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I call it "over imagination"