League Turn-Around

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BertaMan9, Mar 16, 2011.

1. BertaMan9

BertaMan9 Walk On

We have had so many players that started the year quit...why is that?

Then guys just join the league as whatever team is undefeated (i.e. Texas....Alabama) without having earned anything..like playing user games.

Im trying to figure this all out - being a member from the beginning of the year. Plus not many other players participate on the forum. I thought forum participation was mandatory...?

Whats up with ThE UpRiSiNg?

Not trying to be debby downer - but what gives

2. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

I'm a new player... Playing as Texas

Not sure if maybe you meant to phrase "guys just join the league as whatever team's undefeated" the way you did... as if to insinuate I chose Texas because they were undefeated and not for any other reason... Because I would have rather joined as Michigan... but maybe you just misspoke...

3. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

Great points Berta, and you've been a great member of the league this season.

I am still trying to get spots filled in the league and I actually promote the stronger teams that are available, because I think people are more excited about playing with them and being competitive.

As far as participation goes, I'd love to have more competitive banter on here, more recaps of games, more scouting reports, but it's difficult when we get deep into the season and there aren't many user games since we're spread across many conferences.

If you have any suggestions about how we can make this better, I'm all ears. Also, if you guys know any other players that are still interested in the game and want to join, we've got 3 more spots. The league is definitely better when there are 12 guys competing.

4. BertaMan9

BertaMan9 Walk On

I mean no disrespect I promise....just some pressing ?'s

5. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

Cool I understand it's frustrating when league memberships go up and down but I don't think anyone (can only speak for myself though) would join a league as an undefeated just to "win" a "title." Any undefeated user will probably have to play a user in the BCS anyway. Plus most people would enjoy winning through a tougher schedule more, just so happens the team left available that I wanted to play with was undefeated (so far this year before I run them into the ground lol) In my last league I picked a 2 loss Florida so it's not just wins why people pick teams. I hadn't done a Big 12 school yet.

6. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

What do you guys think of a section where we can promote a player of the week? Might be a nice addition

7. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

Yeah that would be cool... To me the more depth the better, as long as it doesn't take up too much of your/our/whoever's time

8. BertaMan9

BertaMan9 Walk On

You right - and again no insult to you. People just say, find a more established league but I enjoy the league. Ive been in another one and understand the concepts behind the Tradition Sports league design. I was just amazed really how the majority of the league dipped after the scheduling of user games when I had played my user games ya know. Now its like, no user games til bowl games unless you in the same conference.

It is alll good. No worries here, just could use a faster pace thats all.

Less go blue!!!

9. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

And part of this is my fault, I've had a really busy three weeks. Broke up with my girlfriend, my buddy moved in with me, I've had drum lessons, therapy, and my basketball league so there haven't been many nights that I've been able to contribute. I would like us to get on a regular schedule where we play two games a week. I will go through the new member forum and see if I can get the last three spots filled.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BertaMan9

BertaMan9 Walk On

U da man

11. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

Trust me I can understand the frustration I've been apart of other leagues and the issues are frustrating because you'd like to get a good group and play but there are always hitches that I call the human element lol... So yeah no worries wasn't trying to start an argument just was caught off guard by being called out for just joining the league. But hopefully things get/stay stable. Just getting my net back I haven't played a user game or a game on varsity in so long so I have adjusting to do trying to make it feel "sim" when aspects of the game seem too hard and others seem too easy and then adding in user play as well its tricky but hopefully we will get to it soon