LEAGUE VOTE - DIFFICULTY + QUARTER LENGTH

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by SaintRaw, Aug 30, 2012.

?

Please choose DIFFICULTY AND QUARTER LENGTH

1. All-Madden, 8 Minute Quarters, 20 Sec. Run Off

8.0%
  2. All-Pro, 7 Minute Quarters, 20 Sec. Run Off

48.0%
  3. All-Madden, 6 Minute Quarters, 20 Sec. Run Off

12.0%
  4. All-Madden, 7 Minute Quarters, 20 Sec. Run Off

28.0%
  5. All-Pro, 8 Minute Quarters, 20 Sec. Run Off

4.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaintRaw

SaintRaw Walk On

2. Richard hunter

Richard hunter Walk On

I'm cool with the original 7 min quarters seems average

3. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

SaintRaw - I know I'm not in the league, but just from my experience, anything NOT All Madden is a complete Joke for the Defense... You'll have scores in the 40-50 range every game if you play on All Pro.

GL Guys. I think you've got a solid foundation. I'll be following yall (y)

4. Richard hunter

Richard hunter Walk On

I agree all-madden

5. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

I for one think all-pro is perfect. All-Madden sees WAY to many dropped passes, especially when the receiver is wide open! Also, 40-50 point games are very common this day and age in the NFL. All-Pro, 7 minute quarters for me!

6. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

If you play on All Madden vs the CPU you need to adjust to your sliders to 50 / 50 for USER and CPU... The reason you're seeing a ton of Dropped Passes is because Default All Madden puts all CPU Attributes at 50 and drops ALL USER ATTRIBUTES to 25 :(

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cole Copeland

I also played a game last night on all-pro against a tso member that was 21-3. 7 minutes all-pro so the defense is all about schemes. Not all games will be 40-50 points scored

• Like Like x 1
  8. RightWingPigeons

RightWingPigeons Walk On

My main concern with All-Madden is that my wife will be giving birth in a couple weeks, so I'll likely end up missing a couple games (although I'll still try to get them in if at all possible), but I would feel really bad if my team played better in my absence than with me behind the controls. I just don't want any undeserved wins coming my way. Although, maybe the rest of you have much better skills at the game than I do. Typically I lose more than I win when I play at the All-Madden level.

9. SaintRaw

SaintRaw Walk On

as far as CPU vs User games, we will most likely roll with All-Madden. This is scrictly User vs User

• Like Like x 1
  10. RightWingPigeons

RightWingPigeons Walk On

Understood. I'll start practicing on that mode and get back up to speed lol.

11. Cole Copeland

I am scared of the unrealistic playing of All-Madden for both CPU vs. User and User vs. User. But once again, that is up to you Commish!

12. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

All-Madden 7mins for me Gentlemen

13. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Accelerated clock doesn't seem to be working in user vs user games. With no accelerated clock most leagues use 7 mins so I'll go with that. I could roll with All-Madden if we use CeeGee's suggestion for sliders. However, in all the game's I've played/watched on All-Pro I haven't seen excessive scoring. Those were on 4-5 min quarters so that could be it :)

Here is the thread in the Madden forums talking about quarter length.

14. SaintRaw

SaintRaw Walk On

Hey guys, I'm giving until the end of Tomorrow for the voting to end. Results will be final at 12:00am PST, Saturday.

15. majesty95

I hate to throw a monkey wrench into things but I just tested some quarter lengths out to see how the stats came out. This is what I got on default sliders, All-Pro

7 min qtrs - Accel clock ON - 20 sec

21 total points
    304 combined yards of offense
    72 combined plays

8 min qtrs - Accel clock OFF

44 combined points
    446 combined yards of offense
    98 combined plays

I think 8 minute quarters with accelerated clock off is going to give us more realisitc plays. The NFL averages about 60-70 plays per game, per team. This would only give us 50 per team but would be far more realistic than 36. Also, I was running the ball a lot with a big league so I probably could have got more plays in on 8 min qtrs, getting us even closer to real life. 8 min qtrs also didn't seem to take terribly long. It felt natural.

I think most of us would prefer to get stats that are going to be representative of real life and I think 8 min qtrs with accel clock off would get us closer to that.

16. majesty95

Another thing I noticed was that you were planning on advancing every 2-3 days. Sometimes it can be hard in leagues to get 1-2 user vs user games in within 72 hours. I imagine trying to schedule 12-16 user vs user games could be a logistical nightmare at times depending on schedules. Just something I thought you may want to consider.

17. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

I do like the idea of 8 min qtrs for what its worth ... I have been playing both an online and offline dynasty on a much smaller scale at 7 min qtrs w/ accel and it seems hard to reach some of the stats that you normally see on a Sunday ... just my two cents

18. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

If we are using an accelerated clock, I would also favor 8 min quarters.

19. SaintRaw

SaintRaw Walk On

I'm going to extend this poll till Sunday, I've added 8 minutes with accelerated clock.

If you are unable to vote again, then please state what you previously voted for and what you want now.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  20. RightWingPigeons

RightWingPigeons Walk On

I voted 7 and I still prefer 7. (I would of course be fine with 8 if that's what the majority wants of course.)

And by the way, I just looked through the team pages you're doing in the team management section and the logos are all looking amazing. You're going way above and beyond the call of duty for this league and it's much appreciated.

• Like Like x 2
  21. YungLew15

YungLew15 Walk On

I voted for all pro 7 minute quarters but after playing a few more games I think I prefer 8 minutes.

22. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

Previously voted for All Pro with 7 min quarters. Would like to change to All Pro 8 min quarters.

23. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Not to cause problems, but any thought to splitting up the difficulty and quarter length votes? I'd rather play 8 minutes at either All-Pro or All-Madden than 7 minutes at either difficulty. Almost seems like the votes should be exclusive of one another...

If not, I'd like to change my vote from All-Madden 7 minute quarters to All-Pro 8 minute quarters.

24. Beau Mason

Beau Mason Walk On

I think we should play all madden on slow game play! It is a lil hard to drive down the field but you can still put points on the board. 8 min quarters too would be nice!

25. majesty95

What is the purpose for using accelerated clock?

A. Accelerated clock is broken in user vs user games so would not apply in those games and would give vastly different results for human and CPU games (in which it does work).

B. Accelerated clock would speed up the game and continue to provide less than realistic results.

All of the rules for this league are designed to mimic realism. Shortening the game in a way as to limit the amount of plays goes and provide less than realistic stats against the stated direction of the league...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.