LEAGUE VOTE - GAME SPEED

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by SaintRaw, Aug 30, 2012.

?

Please choose GAME SPEED

1. SLOW

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  2. NORMAL

14 vote(s)
    56.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaintRaw

SaintRaw Walk On

FOR THE LEAGUE BY THE LEAGUE!

PLEASE CHOOSE, EVERYONE MUST VOTE!

1. SaintRaw
    4. Kyle-702
    5. Crespo6
    8. Big John
    11. KingNunz
    13. lilaaddzz
    14. thoov08
    15. MZizzle2
    16. jeb4056
    18. majesty95
    19. fpuent
    20. AveryB
    21. B-MELO-82
    22. Beau Mason
    23. woodsmall
    24. bigtubb_

2. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

Autostraff / Autosprint are something each user has the option to turn on / off... Its not a league wide setting.

SaintRaw

3. SaintRaw

SaintRaw Walk On

Interesting, When I start a league it asks me if I want it On/Off (under league settings). Is this for sure? And didn't you join my VFL league over at VSN awhile back? You were the cleveland ____?

4. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

Yeah, It asks you, the Commish, but each Team Owner can turn that ON / OFF also...

Another thing you wanna make sure EVERYONE has OFF is the "Fill Roster" Option... If you leave that On, the CPU will add / drop guys from your Roster.

I don't remember being in your league, I've been in quite a few before this past year though, when I settled on 2 (my opinion) of the very best around the VNFL and the UFL... So, its a possibility lol.

The Browns are my team (season ticket holder) so it could have been me... I can't remember though.

SaintRaw

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  5. RightWingPigeons

RightWingPigeons Walk On

Glad to hear users can turn it on or off and sorry for creating a fuss over it lol.

And thanks for all the work SaintRaw. Pretty amazing to wake up to all the new content this morning.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Richard hunter

Richard hunter Walk On

I think the game speed should be slow it feels more realistic

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

I agree with Richard hunter slow speed is the closest you can get to that realistic speed.

8. RightWingPigeons

RightWingPigeons Walk On

I voted normal but I enjoy slow speed as well and would have no problem at all with it if the vote comes down in a tie or something.

9. fpuent

fpuent Walk On

I voted slow to, all for making it feel more realistic

10. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Slow is what I voted for

11. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

I voted for Normal..Im already slow..:D

12. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Wow, I didn't know this was going to be an option. I play online and in offline tournaments. Almost all of my play will be on normal. Slow feels like playing in mud to me. Slow will probably be a deal breaker for me.

I recommed keeping it as close to normal/default as possible. There will be some dynasty only players who may prefer some changes but you're limiting your prospect base if you start deviating from it too much.

Assuming I stay, here are other things I would look at:

Not trading players during draft day - I think it should be allowed. You see players traded on draft day in real life sometimes.
    Only being able to trade two draft picks - I don't want to see someone trade their entire draft but Ditka did it. I'm flexible on this for people that have played in online franchise's before. Maybe its necessary.
    incentive plan - I get the idea but you're also punishing poorer players which could force them to leave. If you want to do an incentive I would say 1 extra signing for making the playoffs and one extra for winning 5 games or less. I don't think some should be able to sign 5 and others 3, too imbalanced.
    building a coach - what's the end game here? if its just to see a player's TSO name we can look that up. If its to keep all coaches on an equal footing, fine, but we should be able to customize them. I can live with the TSO username as last name but we should at least be able to pick our playbooks. Otherwise why not just keep the coach of the team we are picking. You're limiting the teams players may want to pick if they are forced to use a certain playbook or scheme.

TSO is about being sim and has rules to enforce that. However, sometimes having too many rules or restrictons can turn players away. You have to realize this is basically the only option on here for PS3 guys now so you have to be somewhat flexible in some things to encourage people to stay and enjoy it.

Thanks for the effort! I know it is a lot of work and trying to find a happy middle ground can be difficult.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cole Copeland

I think you are the only one that has been disagreeing with EVERYTHING the Commish wants. All of the rules we are using are TSO built

14. RightWingPigeons

RightWingPigeons Walk On

I don't think there's any reason to take offense at what majesty is suggesting. In my eyes he has a lot of good ideas and is only trying to help. He also brought up a lot of the things I was concerned about while reading over the rules. I'm all in on this league either way, but a good dialog to make everything the best it can be is always a good thing.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cole Copeland

Not taking offense. Ideas are great. Sorry if I missled. Saint has experience and knows what we need to have a great league though

16. majesty95

Oh, also I was looking at league creation settings. I haven't tested quarter length but there was a test going on here where 10 min with 20 sec accel looked reasonable. I'm not opposed to 15 with 20 sec accel if games stay under an hour.

My suggestions:

Skill level: All-Pro
    Player Progression: every four weeks (keeps things moving and simplifies it for the user so they don't have to do it every week or sim it)
    Coach Firing: OFF (open to what others who have played think regarding the logic)
    Gameplay Tuning: ON (will allow updates to remove bugs, etc)
    Injury: ON
    Pre Existing Injury: OFF (Don't really care either way, really)
    Trade Deadline: ON
    Trade Type: Enable all - (open if CPU logic is faulty)
    (I think these areadjustbale by each user but...)
    Auto strafe: OFF
    Auto spring: OFF
    Player Names: ON
    Fill roster: OFF

17. Cole Copeland

I like the way we are doing things. Saint , the commishioner, giving us options and taking a poll on certain settings.

18. majesty95

Well, to be honest, I don't know saint from Adam. No disrespect, just the truth. He's new to TSO and hasn't participated in a league on here so its hard to say "ya, whatever you think". I'm currently a part of two leagues on here and have been a part of 10 leagues over the past two years on NCAA, running four of them. I've seen a lot of good things and a lot of things that did not work so well (many things I did myself). Its a learning process and getting feedback from experienced players is usually very helpful. I'm sorry if that rubs people the wrong way. I just don't want to invest time in a league that falters because certain things may not have been considered. Like I said, this is our only option so finding a good balance is going to be key to keeping this league going strong.

19. Cole Copeland

He has been with TSO.. He just wasnt as active on forums. If he got this to be an approved dif madden league then the admistraters must have trusted him. Madden and NCAA are completely different games

20. majesty95

He joined Aug 16 which was 14 days ago. Also, admin stated specifically he was the only person to step up and offer to run another league. I'm sorry but that makes me nervous. (Also, PS3 leagues are like the redheaded step child of TSO. Admin is very pro 360 so we PS3ers kind of need of self police things) He's doing well. But without a track record I'm not just going to say, "hey, whatever you think". If you choose to, that's fine. I've just seen many league crumble and some (even here on TSO) not run very well. Its not personal. This is just the only option for many of us so I'm going to voice my opinion on things that I think will help make it as enjoyable as possible for everyone.

Another thing that you will notice on TSO is that most leagues have an application process, meaning everyone is not invited. We are taking anyone that wants to sign up and most are very new. That means we are going to have more growing pains so an organized structure and input from users will be crucial.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  21. Cole Copeland

Doubting the Commish won't help the league either.

22. SaintRaw

SaintRaw Walk On

This league is built through our players. As I've stated multiple times, we will vote on majority of rules. I'm here to help run a smooth and hopefully successful league. If for any reason these rules bring red flags then we will discuss and move forward. All rules are SUBJECT TO CHANGE. What I created was only a basic layout.

I understand we are accepting anyone that signs up. As much as that scares me, we don't have a choice. TSO is full of 360 guys and the PS3 community is too small to have more then a few PS3 franchises.

I'm here to have fun, If this was up to me I'd have half these rules out. But we are all members of TSO and TSO has their own standards per franchise. I will adjust and discuss anything that our members have questions about.

I'm very open and will listen to all ideas. I love that you have questions because it shows interest. Thanks guys.

BTW, I only ask one thing from everyone... TRUST ME.

• Like Like x 3
  23. majesty95

Why are you taking this so personal? I said he's new and hasn't been in a league on TSO. I'm offering suggestions to help the league. I don't understand why this has become an issue. If you have a problem with people voicing their opinions you might not like TSO :p

24. Cole Copeland

Argument ended. Now let's get 6 more people in!!

• Like Like x 2
  25. majesty95

Should be five, I think one more joined. Let's do this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.