Archived League Vote: Waiting For Rosters

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Jun 26, 2011.

?

Should we wait?

1. Yes, I care who the RB of a 1 star school I don't watch is as a person

22.2%
  2. No, who cares? I'm renaming kids Metta World Peace anyway!

77.8%
  1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

How do you guys feel about this? Personally, I like them done right and the only person I trust is luvtotha9s from OperationSports. His are very well put together. With most of us playing with the 'little' schools and are looking to move on, do named rosters really matter? Waiting almost a month for rosters is a little absurd.

I say we just start a 'demo' league for the first week allowing everyone to get the game and to get used to the game. Look for any glitches/exploits and then kick off the 'real' dynasty.

And one more thing. I plan on getting waaayyy more than 8-9 seasons done this time around, so names really won't matter by December.

Thoughts?

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I voted 'No'. Reasons above.

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I voted "no" but I think we should wait until each of our teams is done with the correct names or close to, but waiting a month to make sure everything is right, NO.

4. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

With small schools starting I know everyone would want as many seasons as possible. Somebody will have just names out in about a week. I say use those and go with it...I vote no

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

GatorBait and Block-O from OS normally pump one out quickly but for the past few years the BCS Conferences are the focus. To correctly name all the schools in the country will take close to a month.

6. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I will do the little schools if you want..but i dont reall think i have the time to do all the teams...

7. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

I voted to wait. I personally always wait for the correct names and wouldn't want to change now. Of course majority rules.

8. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I voted no.
    I have been in a reoccurring OD, that sends invites out at 0100 release night every year. First user games are that night with shipped unnamed rosters. We usually get a whole season done before rosters drop. Some guys use the teams they will use and others use a test team but when rosters drop we move on to the real setup.

One thing we could do while we wait on a good complete roster set is, have users start the "Demo" dynasty with their Alma Mater. Since many guys are not starting with their Alma Mater, they will not play with that group of players in this OD. I know i plan to stay 3 years at each job so i will not see Stills or Landry Jones on the Field on my team. It would almost feel like a dynasty within the dynasty.

• Like Like x 1
  9. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I agree I want the correct names, but as soon as we get them lets roll. but i voted no

Exactly but I'd still want the correct names at the least at OUR programs, not really technically worried if we get all the correct attributes and shit.

10. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

I know this was not an option, but however I definitely not against trying it

11. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

I voted No

It seems though that Luv got started earlier this year soliciting info? So it is more entry and less analysis this time around? I could be wrong, but I saw his threads go up weeks ago...?

12. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

i voted yes, but i just want correct names usually there is a set out with the names by the end of the first week.