LEAGUE WARNING - DEFENSIVE GAME PLAY

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Feb 7, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

LEAGUE WARNING - DEFENSIVE GAME PLAY

It is NOT cool, and does NOT fall under our 'mixing it up' rule, to call 70-90% zone defensives on defense. Yes we know man sucks, and that zone is extremely much more easy to play defense, but its also cheesy and lame. Learn to mix up your play calling and call more than just zone, and this even means zone on every 3rd down pass play. Mix it up guys and learn to use more of your defensive playbook! (n)

2. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

I hear you and I feel its kind of directed towards me, even if it isn't. I built my defense around zone and not man. My defense cannot rush the passer with my skill ability at the D line or hold up in coverage. If I play cover 3 press, cover 3, cover 2, cover 4, and zone coverage blitzes does that fall into category? man is a sin in this game and I refuse to lose calling man 40-50% of the time. Just a clarification question...

3. natedawg212000

It's not directed at you at all. The clarification is to mix it up. It just isn't cool to play against 70-90% zone all game every game because guys are too lazy to play man. I totally disagree that man is a sin in this game. Am I a top 3 defense? No, but I am a top 10 and I play almost 60-65% man. All I am asking is for guys to mix it up. Its lame to know every third down you are going to face an almost unbeatable zone. Isn't fun, and shouldn't be happening.

4. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

I live and die with my zone defense. I can work it for 3 straight plays but when it comes to 4th, as dunlap knows, it can be beat. Zone usually fails against good QBs and good players who manage these QBs.

I'm not saying man doesn't work but it has failed me more than most. I'm almost afraid to use it. I do use it though. If my corner is a 68 overall and has 85 speed matched up on a 73 ovr WR with 90 speed I am going to get burnt.

Honestly have you been complained by a couple people by people's use of D? I have noticed in most players that are good that they have a specific style of D that I admire. I like people that have a defense they believe in and run 75% of the time because thats their style.

No zone is unbeatable. For certain players and a certain offense scheme it might fail. Thought I do agree to mix it up. The percentages are debatable though. is 60% to 40% even enough? Not trying to argue just make clarification, because I sometimes feel like I run my scheme too much and if I am I'd like a PM from you or the player. Just looking to have fun and play my game here.

5. natedawg212000

i personally played guys last year and even one this year that was totally not fun to see a zone every single play. if you have a great dline or dends then its game/set/match if you run zone all game long. With a certain set up and guys moving guys around its almost unbeatable. I am not saying it can't be the staple of what you do, but most guys will pick the same 2-4 zone plays all game long. Its not sim, its not fun, and it wont be allowed here. Yes, if you are starting a 68 ov cb with 85 speed then you might get burnt, its called match ups, but that offense can't run 4 and 5 wide all game on you because they have to mix it up. All I am saying is it needs to be mixed up, or you will receive a pm from me. After 2 of those you will be playing in another league. Not talking about you personally mustang cause I've had no complaints about you - I mean anyone who refuses to mix it up and grow as a madden player. I personally love running man because its a lot less skill to just run zone all game long.

6. natedawg212000

Also since this is being bumped to the top - check the owners list and ask me if I am playing. We are not kidding. The warning list grew by several teams today - clean up the game play - take care of your obligations as a owner - or you will be replaced.

7. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

I definately mix it up. because im usually getting killed by the other teams passing game, im trying to figure out how to stop it. thats how i mix it up, because nothing works. As for the Colts, i dont know what plays they were picking, but they were the right ones. I didnt notice anything wrong in our week #2 game, other than the score. hahahaha