League Wide Team Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CTfromDC, Sep 12, 2012.

1. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Post story's related to your teams, i.e., P;layer spotlights, Outstanding peformance recognition, Performance based promotions/demotions, Match-ups to watch, General team chatter, :doodie: Talking, etc...etc..etc...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Very nice. And I like that pic you posted. haha

This can be our league 'chatter' thread.

3. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Extension in place for Greg Jennings

[​IMG]

Greg Jennings when he got the call from his agent that he was getting an extension..."I'm cashin' out, bout to ride around with a hoe name Kesha!"
    Green Bay | Jennings' extension is officially done, according to a press release issued this afternoon by the Packers. No terms were released, other than that the deal is a "long-term" one.
    The Green Bay Packers have developed a bit of a reputation. While general manager Ted Thompson has made clear through his actions (or lack thereof) that he doesn't like overpaying for free agents, he does like to reward his homegrown players with contract extensions. Coach CT vouched for Jennings and approved the extension.
    UPDATE: The deal is said to be worth $57.5 million for 5 years, $16 million guaranteed.

4. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

Reggie bush didn't want to resign.... Which now puts him on my block, bleh.... Heh

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

What would you want for him? He'd fit pretty good with RGIII...

6. Jamie

Jamie Walk On

So, I'm trying to re up Urlacher so he will retire a Bear, the way it should be. He doesn't sign right away and then gets injured mid way through my game against the Colts! Doh!

7. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

No Urlacher huh...hmmmm.....Time to rethink the gameplan

8. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Carson Palmer throws 5 picks, the Chargers backup gets 15 sec to complete each pass and even after all the miscues the Raiders where still in it til the final 36 seconds (thanks to a Palmer pick). Carson played like herpes his passes were truly the gift that kept giving ...... He looks to spread it around week 2 vs the Dolphins.

9. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

WTF is up with the injuries in this game???I just saw that Peyton is out now? I uess I should count my blessings, Matthews only missing two games.

10. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I like it actually. Injuries typically happen more often in real life than usually happens in game. This also makes having good depth more important. If it becomes and issue I can monitor it down the line and adjust as necessary.

• Like Like x 3
  11. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

yeah, it adds a feel of realism, but I don't know what the hell I would do if Rodgers went down for an extended period of time, just the thought :eek:

12. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Without looking at his ratings, I would hazard a guess that Mannings injury rating dropped significantly due to his neck condition.

13. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

aha, that would make sense....I wonder if players put on the block or hold outs, does it affect their production or any other rating, or maybe that's too far and the game isn't that advanced to simulate an unhappy players potential to "under perform"

14. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I think it changes their satisfaction or morale with the team. The production rating reflects what they do on the field.

15. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Last year in the NFL, teams averaged like .96 interceptions per game. Or, on averege, each game had 2 interceptions.

With that being said, holy shit Gabbert, Flacco, and Palmer...

16. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Yeah interceptions are a bit high. I want to wait a few weeks first before I tune things though. I want to see if they drop as guys get more accustomed to the gameplay and get better at passing before I make a reaction.

17. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Not sure this is something you can fix, especially in user v user games. I think this is a user decision making issue... Which I like haha.

18. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Yes that is a major component for sure. I have pass defense dialed up a bit on the sliders as I thought the pass/rush balance was off on default. And so far so good. But I will continue to monitor.

19. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

hahahaha, last year in madden 12, i averaged 5.0 picks, and it dint matter who was throwing the ball!

20. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Haha i tried to make Gabbert Tom Brady but that didnt work out. Lesson learned!

21. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I think it's a take what the defense gives you deal... Especially with the user ability to jump in and user pick.

22. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

The game last about an hour and a half, maybe more, because we both kept throwing rather than running. When you play for over an hour and a half, you're bound to throw a ton of picks.

23. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

There is a confidence rating, that might get affected.

24. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

Thats why the game is playing different from my online games.

25. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

It isn't up a lot but a bit