League wide vote / decision

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NYJuggalo45, Oct 14, 2010.

?

Which do you want to do?

1. Stay with current dynasty/teams

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Restart with new teams/format

100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

League wide vote / decision

Guys, I am posting this because I am at a cross roads of what we should do with this league. Here is the situation we are in:

Stoker has been replaced by Hot Rod. He has been MIA for quite a few days, totally bailed on a conf championship game, has not posted or responded to PMs, so he’s out…HR is in. With this replacement, in less than 2 full years, we have replaced a total of 11 owners…and this is the 4th this year alone. Also, Helli will prob be dropping out at some point as he and his wife are about to have their 1st child…so that will make 12. We have guys in the league now who were forced to take teams they prob didn’t want, and prob aren’t that interested in. There is a major talent discrepancy between teams like Arkansas/Ole Miss and Vandy/Duke. And on top of everything else, as we enter our 2nd off-season, there is prob a 50/50 shot the file is gonna fuck up again.

I spoke to JMS, and he rightfully said we have to put it to a league vote. So I want everyone to vote for 1 of the 2 choices.

Choice # 1 – keep the dynasty going as is. Keep our current teams. The new guys have to make due with the teams they are given. Keep our fingers crossed the file doesn’t mess up in the off-season. And continue with the league. While it’s only been a little under 2 years, some of us do have attachments to certain players on our team, however, we are not at the point of the entire team being players we recruiting, so it’s not too late to start over.

Choice #2 – Restart the dynasty. What we will do is open it up to any team (4* prestige or less), any conference. There wouldn’t be a vote. I would ask everyone to PM me a list of 5 teams they want. Using your lists and playing favorites to people who have been shitted on since the beginning (ie AJ w/ Duke), I will give everyone their highest rated open team. I will then set up custom conferences in the SEC, ACC and Big 12, moving our user teams in there, taking out the shittier schools, so we’d have the same setup...just with teams we all want rather than set choices. EDIT - NO CUSTOM CONFERENCES...JUST RESTART/REPICK TEAMS, WILL VOTE ON WHAT CONFERENCES WE WANT LATER IF THIS CHOICE WINS

Everyone please vote ASAP. It makes no sense to go ahead with this thing if we are going to restart. If we’re not, then it’s bowl season.

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Usually I wouldn't care to start over, but the custom conferences thing is a turnoff to me. Just can't get into them.

So I voted to keep going.

3. YaBoiPatza

YaBoiPatza Walk On

I had the last pick of all the teams and had to get Baylor. I gotta admit, its been exciting to see them rise to a possible 4 star next year, and I've done some good recruiting and I want to see if it translate onto the field in the future years. And for this fact, I voted to keep it.

Im with whatever though, and I can roll with whatever the decision is.

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I voted to restart...mainly for 2 reasons.

#1 - I am still unsure the file actually works. And dont feel like going thru an off-season and start of new season with a major fucking headache.

#2 - I think it's unfair to Fosh (Vandy) and Hot Rod (BC?) who got stuck with those teams, as well as the person who will eventually take over for Helli. Similar thing happened to me in T1 and my team selection sucked and after 2 years, enough was enough, and I was able to change to get on an even playing field with the rest of the league. Not a fun situation to be in.

But again...majority will rule here. If we get 12 votes and it finishes 6-6, then we'll flip a coin or something

5. Blaza

TBH I kinda agree with #2 as South Carolina's recruiting board was ALL messed up when I took over. There are probably 2 guys on it this year that are worth keeping.

That being said, I would really like to try to stick with regular conferences and/or a more open team selection process if we start over.

6. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    I'd be for a restart, however I prefer keeping conferences intact. Not a big fan of custom conferences. I don't need to have my favorite team or anything but I'd like some decent options.

7. YaBoiPatza

YaBoiPatza Walk On

Yea. I agree on keeping regular conferences intact if we start over

8. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

ok that's do able then, will correct it

9. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

blaza let me know if u want to change your vote now

10. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I voted for a restart to be fair to the others and because the file may still be screwed. I'm cool either way. I turned ksu into a champion so I'm satisfied.

11. Blaza

That's cool Juggs, I'll change my vote to restart then.

12. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

ok well i dont know how to edit the poll, but its 3 votes for stick / 5 for restart now then

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

fosh on vaca

14. Blaza

I think Fosh was in the start over camp, right?

Is everyone comfy with sticking to 4-star and below prestige? Or should we open it up a bit?

15. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I think I would like to leave it 4* and below, but again, I will open that to a vote if there is enough interest in bigger schools

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

did blaza change his vote?

17. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Yeah, that made it 3 stay, 5 change....i just don't know how to change it legit on the poll itself

18. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    I fixed the vote totals.

19. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Thanks HR...already an asset to the Uprising, much more than I can say for Blaza

20. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

I voted for a restart, but I would like to see the format keep the same. I like that we are all in the same divisions.

21. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

ok so its 6-3...Fosh I believe is on vacation, so we will prob only get 11 votes. But I'll wait to see if we get to 7 to be certain. I have his cell number so can PM and get his team selection if anything.

22. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

bye bye Wake Forest

[​IMG]

23. Blaza

Don't be selfish brah!

24. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Jms take em again

25. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

JFosh has voted for a restart. I just called him and spoke with him.

Juggs.... My only concern is that we make sure to use good rosters.

the best I've found are by a guy called Romancaesar - really good rosters, and really catering to what each team is all about. For instance TCU, which is a 4-2-5 defense, all the linebackers are either MLB or ROLB, no LOLB since that position isn't used on the field. Denard Robinson is a beast in these rosters, etc.

Arizona State

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.