League

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Shaun Mason, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    League

Does anyone want to take over being commish?

I personally think this league needs a stronger personality, and I don't have the time to invest to ever recruit new guys.

If anyone is interested, PM me.

Shaun

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

League is not looking good right now. Down to 10 teams, not many posts, and possibly without a commish?!?

3. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    The lack of activity is exactly why I don't want to be commish.

I don't play just to play the games...there is no communication in this league.

Go look at the Experience league and see the difference.

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I don't disagree that we could have more posts....particularly game summaries and recruit updates. But if this is a reaction to the past 2 weeks, please remember that we only had 2 or so advances over a period we should have had 4 or 5. If we're not advancing, there isn't much to write about. I'm not blaming anyone on that shaun, I absolutely feel you did all you could through the move. Moving sucks....real life is the obvous priority.

5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    It hasn't just been the last two weeks.

On top of the lack of interaction, I had a bad experience in a recent user game where the opponent didn't even know the basics of what we do around here. When that happens I feel like I have failed in enforcing the basic tenents of Tradition Football.

I honestly feel like shutting down this dynasty. If anyone in this league gets away with so little activity in any other league on this site I would be surprised.

For petes sake, this post was up two whole days before anyone even replied to it.

So, what do you guys think? Do we stop, do we try harder, what?

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I don't want this OD to die, I didn't respond to your first post because I don't want to be commish. I wasn't on yesterday, I had internet problems.

I'm gonna guess the user was new. Most people who last around here are people who play sim style. There's always a learning curve.

7. danielm025

danielm025 "Wreck 'em Tech!"

I don't want this OD to die either. It's the only one that I participate in. Lately, I've been kinda swamped with some personal matters so I haven't really been keeping up with the site. I'll try harder to keep up on summaries and the sort. I think maybe there is some complacency due to the past couple of weeks but I'm sure that we can address that with one of those "roll call" posts. Put me in with the "trying" crowd.

8. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

I'm sorry I don't post often.. But what is there to post about? We don't make any weekly scores or anything. By the way, in all my leagues I do not post game recaps because I do not have much time, but I am starting to just add game stats. If that is too small, then oh well. I am trying, but with school, homework, and football I can not do everything. I am a person.
    Keep this going please, despite the de-activness, this is hands-down the best league I am in here.

9. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'm not going to lie. I have been a lax in some of my duties due to school and work. Shaun IMO u have done a good job. As a league we've lost the activity from the past. I am committed to making the league continue on. Keep the OFFL West alive.

10. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Its hard to manage man. I have been trying for a job so I play my games and recruit but do little on the boards latley.

11. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

I will continue to play and post as long as the league is here.